Accrington - A Proper Club

DarkFruitsRam7

What a brilliant day.

Went out last night so went to Accrington on 2 hours of sleep. Absolute nightmare. Met @Topram at the station and had a few tinnies with him and his mate on the way to the ground.

The £2-per-pint deal was absolutely fantastic before the game (10am-12pm) and the marquee was fantastic. Everyone was having a great time. Their chairman was rightfully proud of possessing the League Two trophy and was asking everybody if they wanted a photo with it.

36EA5973-6BD5-4BB1-BA02-4E786819B606.thumb.jpeg.51ac57e1f65bf1f943397ab8bd8419a7.jpeg

The only negative was when a policeman threatened me with indecent exposure for having a piss in the bush. Absolute disgrace.

The game itself was crap and boring, but the goal led to fantastic celebrations in the away end. I’d be surprised if I wasn’t on TV, as I was bouncing on my mate’s shoulders right behind the net. By the way, Jayden Bogle made the correct decision in getting himself sent off.

After the game, the day got even better. They were serving £1 pints in the marquee so we had a pint whilst cheering the boys back onto the coach. I know it seems simple, but Richard Keogh acknowledging us and telling us to enjoy our day absolutely made the trip. I adore those boys in the black and white and even the simplest gesture fills me with pride. I told Keezy that my dream consists of him lifting the Championship trophy as we get promoted to the Premier League. I will  cry if that happens. Also, we bought Ed Dawes and Craig Ramage a pint, and they seemed like great lads.

I’m on the way back from a cracking away day now, eagerly awaiting the 5th-round draw. I fully believe that we can go as far as we want in this competition.

I met another great lad today through this forum, and I can’t wait to meet some more. I’ll be there in Preston on Friday night and I can’t wait.

Up the ducking Rams.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

What a brilliant day.

Went out last night so went to Accrington on 2 hours of sleep. Absolute nightmare. Met @Topram at the station and had a few tinnies with him and his mate on the way to the ground.

The £2-per-pint deal was absolutely fantastic before the game (10am-12pm) and the marquee was fantastic. Everyone was having a great time. Their chairman was rightfully proud of possessing the League Two trophy and was asking everybody if they wanted a photo with it.

36EA5973-6BD5-4BB1-BA02-4E786819B606.thumb.jpeg.51ac57e1f65bf1f943397ab8bd8419a7.jpeg

The only negative was when a policeman threatened me with indecent exposure for having a piss in the bush. Absolute disgrace.

The game itself was crap and boring, but the goal led to fantastic celebrations in the away end. I’d be surprised if I wasn’t on TV, as I was bouncing on my mate’s shoulders right behind the net. By the way, Jayden Bogle made the correct decision in getting himself sent off.

After the game, the day got even better. They were serving £1 pints in the marquee so we had a pint whilst cheering the boys back onto the coach. I know it seems simple, but Richard Keogh acknowledging us and telling us to enjoy our day absolutely made the trip. I adore those boys in the black and white and even the simplest gesture fills me with pride. I told Keezy that my dream consists of him lifting the Championship trophy as we get promoted to the Premier League. I will  cry if that happens. Also, we bought Ed Dawes and Craig Ramage a pint, and they seemed like great lads.

I’m on the way back from a cracking away day now, eagerly awaiting the 5th-round draw. I fully believe that we can go as far as we want in this competition.

I met another great lad today through this forum, and I can’t wait to meet some more. I’ll be there in Preston on Friday night and I can’t wait.

Up the ducking Rams.

Use a toilet or wear a nappy like us oldies?

A great club with great hospitality, they knew this game can finance their season and treated Derby and Derby fans with great respect, especially the guy who came on here with all the helpful info. Only downside was the whining and total lack of grace and class shown by their manager, post match. The ref didn’t cost them this game, his teams shocking finishing did. The lad got sent off for two clear bookable fouls, agreed we perhaps shouldn’t have had a free kick 2/3 mins prior to scoring but would have had a penalty first half if VAR was in operation. Bogles challenge was clearly outside the box. Grow up fella, you’re an embarrassment to an otherwise shining example of lower league football 

Fantastic club. Had a chat with the head steward when our end was pretty empty (the one who kept starting the bounce ?). Said that he himself is a fan and as such, likes to treat fans with the respect they deserve, not like criminals. Also said that every game they get some kids from the away end and allow them to become mascots and walk out with the players, free of charge. True to his word, he was down the front and made a few young lads year. 

Top drawer ?

24 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Only downside was the whining and total lack of grace and class shown by their manager, post match. 

It was rather OTT but I wouldn't want to knock him too much, he's taken them up, what, 5, 6 levels of football in his time there, 1000+ games? I think he's earned his right to the occasional overreaction.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

What a brilliant day.

Up the ducking Rams.

Not the guy in the middle the other two planks were stood behind me , seemed obsessed with Tomoris knob for some reason ?‍♂️.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Use a toilet or wear a nappy like us oldies?

I needed a piss at halftime, could not be bothered to go and get soaked in beer.. Thought, nah i’m Okay, I will go after.. Got back to the car and thought. Stop at the services.. 3 1/2 hours later in the car, still not been.. Filled the basin up when I got home though..

Bladder of steel me..

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

I needed a piss at halftime, could not be bothered to go and get soaked in beer.. Thought, nah i’m Okay, I will go after.. Got back to the car and thought. Stop at the services.. 3 1/2 later in the car, still not been.. Filled the basin up when I got home though..

Bladder of steel me..

Crap aim, though. 

Archived