FA Cup Round 5 Opponents

Poynton ram

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Potential opponents (will be less after replays). Didn't realise Barnet were in the National League, but I choose them if they manage to get past Brentford.

More worried about the League 1 teams than I am of any of the Championship teams still in if we have to play on the surface of the moon again like we did today. We've proven we at least have the ability to beat any of the remaining Championship teams. 

Of the Prem teams Palace and Brighton are definitely beatable. Watford and Wolves I'd be less confident about, but still reckon we would be in with a good chance. We scored four goals last time we played Chelsea, so again can't see why we wouldn't be competitive. Hoping Man City and Man Utd draw each other in the next round, as I think we will struggle against either this time round. Unsure about Spurs, but if we have to go to Wembley I suppose its good practice for when we get past them to the final.

Prem

Brighton, Man City, Watford, Man Utd, Spurs, Palace, Chelsea, Wolves

Championship

West Brom, Boro, QPR, Swansea, Millwall, Wednesday, Brentford, Bristol City

League 1

Portsmouth, Doncaster, Shrewsbury, Wimbledon

League 2

Newport

National League

Barnet

If the first 3 draws out of the hat are City v Utd, Spurs v Chelsea and Derby v Barnet I'm booking May off! ?

37 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So do I - I hated managers like Clement and Rowett who didn’t really try to win games so whatever we do in the league we have tried properly in the cups

It’s always been magical for me... I remember a debate a few months back which was an fa Cup win or promotion, I’d take fa Cup win every day! The last and only time we have won it was the year my grandad was born, I’ve seen us gain promotion but the majority of us won’t have seen a Cup win... it’s special.

All this, "let's play a lower team so we can progresss" rubbish.

Accrington almost handed us one today.

The FA cup always produces suprises for what ever reason.  We could get beat by Barnet, we could beat any of them and let's face it who ever gets through each round, does so usually on merit.

No easy teams in this competition  and you will inevitably meet a big club sooner or later.

What will be will be, I just hope it is not to the detriment of our league ambitions 

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

If the first 3 draws out of the hat are City v Utd, Spurs v Chelsea and Derby v Barnet I'm booking May off! ?

You might need April off too. Spurs away in quarter. Wembley for semis. Wembley for final. Wembley for playoff final. What a time to be alive.

You know what I am a greedy man, just like Frank, let's win every game we can, and let's see where that takes us, hope it takes us to promotion, and the FA cup winners, that's what all rams fans, players and management  want, if it can happened is another thing, but let's give it our all, big shout out to Frank today, he tells it how it is, love the bloke to bits, really hope he is the manager since Jimbo Smith and Arthur Cox to be remembered for years to come.

9 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

It’s always been magical for me... I remember a debate a few months back which was an fa Cup win or promotion, I’d take fa Cup win every day! The last and only time we have won it was the year my grandad was born, I’ve seen us gain promotion but the majority of us won’t have seen a Cup win... it’s special.

Exactly. Promotions are great at the time but when we are six feet under it will be entirely forgotten. Cup wins last forever.

Every Derby fan can tell you when we won the cup, very few could tell you all about our promotion seasons from the 1920s or 1950s.

Archived