FA Cup Round 5 Opponents

Poynton ram

7 hours ago, Norman said:

So Burnley beat them 3-1 yesterday. They have Leicester in the league a week on Tuesday and they hover just 3 points above the relegation places.

Could yesterday's result mean a weakened Brighton team is put out?

I think it certainly rules out Grandad Murray starting anyway.

The second stronger Andone,  who starred against West Brom has just bagged a 3 game ban so Glen might be called upon ....

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/02/2019 at 01:12, Carl Sagan said:

But for @Perseus, @sawley_ramand @SimonBHAtalking about the routes, if you're coming into St Pancras the best way is to get the "secret" Thameslink train from there that goes right through London from north to south, normally straight down to Brighton.

Thanks for this. I normally ask my train-loving father-in-law and on this occasion he has clearly failed me with his inferior knowledge! 

59 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

Thanks for this. I normally ask my train-loving father-in-law and on this occasion he has clearly failed me with his inferior knowledge! 

Cheers. I used to live by Blackfriars Bridge (with Blackfriars station straddling the bridge). It would take 8 minutes on a train to St Pancras and then on to Derby, but the journey planners just don't seem to connect with Thameslink for some reason. Hence I began to think of it as this weird incredibly useful secret line through London. If the East Midlands Trains bit is on time this looks the best route, but the change does cut it a bit fine and if missing it they're only every half hour.

On 08/02/2019 at 01:12, Carl Sagan said:

Trains are shocking (like Accrington Stanley!) with slow journeys part way and rail replacement buses. How can this be allowed on a match day?

But for @Perseus, @sawley_ramand @SimonBHAtalking about the routes, if you're coming into St Pancras the best way is to get the "secret" Thameslink train from there that goes right through London from north to south, normally straight down to Brighton.

• There's one leaving St Pancras platform A at 9.20 which gets to Three Bridges at 10.09.
  • Take the replacement bus from Three Bridges at 10.32 arriving Lewes at 11.17.
  • Then Lewes has regular short trains to Falmer - there's one at 11.21 arriving at 11.28.
  • Falmer Station is a 2-minute walk to the ground.

As Simon says, in practice the replacement to Lewes isn't going to sit around at Three Bridges once it's full, so you hopefully will leave and arrive quicker.

The 7.31 from Derby gets into St Pancras at 9.11. You go straight down the escalator, double back on yourself and run straight on to the Thameslink entrance (which is basically underneath the East Midlands Trains platforms - I think the Thameslink platforms are a further two floors down). It's cutting it fine but would make it a 4-hour trip. all in without any faff of trying to get across London to one of the southern stations.

I would not trust the replacement buses ?? Victoria train (9:06) via Littlehampton would be more reliable.

Archived