FA Cup Round 5 Opponents

Poynton ram

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d want Man Utd  at Old Trafford. This is a lot different Man Utd side to the one we played earlier this season so it would be another great opportunity and test(apart from Man City where there is always a risk of humiliation) However, Reading went to Old Trafford and had 60% possession so it wouldn’t be a battering but it would be the toughest test of the teams left. Or Spurs away at Wembley so we can potentially get rid a few demons in a “free swing” and would be good preparation to see how the players would perform at Wembley in the event we reached the dreaded play off final.

The worst team possible so we can get to the next round. I don't care about playing so called 'big teams' really we should be playing them in the Prem soon enough anyway , and a lot of the championship clubs like Leeds and Villa are bigger than a lot of Prem teams like Bournemouth and Watford so I am not fussed about drawing a Prem team, if we draw someone  like Man u or City we will probably get a hiding in all honesty , Man u are a different proposition to the team we played in the league cup.

Really wanted to play Arsenal away before my tenancy ended so I've no longer a strong opinion.

It would be nice to face a side we've not played for a while. I've never been to Goodison and we've not played Everton since before I sat my GCSEs.

If not, fancy a lower side at home. Donny or Oldham. Think there are better sides than us in the top 6 and don't fancy us in the playoffs. Rather have a decent cup run and get to Wembley that way.

My personal priority for cup games is that they're entertaining.

Games between teams at our level are usually boring. Games between teams at a lower level can be entertaining, but not if we play well, so because of that I prefer to play teams better than us. If the game is entertaining then its us being entertaining.

Archived