Trying to add BT Sports to Sky Box

David

Monday I try to sign up for BT Sports on my Sky box, £12pm as I have BT broadband, jobs a good un. Online form wouldn’t accept my address, claims it doesn’t match the sky viewing card number.

In an attempt to avoid the call centre I use their forums as the moderators have access to your accounts, contacted by a moderator told it would take 48hrs for a response.

Wednesday morning heard nothing so jumped back on the forum, I’m in a queue, taking a little longer than expected, be patient, ok.

Thursday nothing.

Friday, better get this sorted as it’s the match tomorrow, thought I’d try my luck online again, new offer it’s now £6pm bargain! Not only that my address is verified, get right to the payment stage but sorry computer says no.

Right, I’ll check Sky, they have one address for me online, and a different one on my bill, must be the issue. Ring them up and ask to modify my billing address to match my account address, it’s only one added line, the area which is weirdly above the street name and number, but that’s what Royal Mail say it is.

The rep tells me it is that, there’s nothing to change, I point out the billing is different, ohhhh I see, let me change that, yeah we can’t add that line in, isn’t the right formatting.

Fine.

Ring up BT, explain what’s gone on, yeah we can’t change your address here as it’s the Royal Mail listed address but we’ll give it a go. Bit of tinkering the order goes through, all the emails, great. 

Hour later another email from BT your services have been cancelled, please ring for further information.

Ring, yeah we have no further information, why did you cancel it? I didn’t, you did, we didn’t you must have, no. We’ll do the order again, wouldn’t take my address again, explained everything that had gone on and suddenly we’ve got it through, this time it’s definitely gone through.

Rangers fan we was, reckoned he wouldn’t swap Gerrard for Lampard, good, we’re not up for swapping.

Emails come through, followed shortly by another from the moderator on the forum, we can see you’ve tried twice to add and failed, you need to contact Sky and change your address. 

Now I’m getting frustrated.

Really frustrated.

I go to Sky.com to see if I can get hold of Live chat instead but greeted with

BBA319FA-8122-4B33-8E62-25006961AB8C.jpeg

Well this is great.

Ring Sky, yeah we can see you rang up earlier to change address but the address you’re moving to doesn’t exist so your services have been cancelled.....pardon? 

I’m now waiting for a call back from their senior advisor to try and figure out what has gone on.

You see, this is why I try to avoid call centres. I just wanted to watch the Accrington Stanley that’s all and now I have nothing.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, David said:

Monday I try to sign up for BT Sports on my Sky box, £12pm as I have BT broadband, jobs a good un. Online form wouldn’t accept my address, claims it doesn’t match the sky viewing card number.

In an attempt to avoid the call centre I use their forums as the moderators have access to your accounts, contacted by a moderator told it would take 48hrs for a response.

Wednesday morning heard nothing so jumped back on the forum, I’m in a queue, taking a little longer than expected, be patient, ok.

Thursday nothing.

Friday, better get this sorted as it’s the match tomorrow, thought I’d try my luck online again, new offer it’s now £6pm bargain! Not only that my address is verified, get right to the payment stage but sorry computer says no.

Right, I’ll check Sky, they have one address for me online, and a different one on my bill, must be the issue. Ring them up and ask to modify my billing address to match my account address, it’s only one added line, the area which is weirdly above the street name and number, but that’s what Royal Mail say it is.

The rep tells me it is that, there’s nothing to change, I point out the billing is different, ohhhh I see, let me change that, yeah we can’t add that line in, isn’t the right formatting.

Fine.

Ring up BT, explain what’s gone on, yeah we can’t change your address here as it’s the Royal Mail listed address but we’ll give it a go. Bit of tinkering the order goes through, all the emails, great. 

Hour later another email from BT your services have been cancelled, please ring for further information.

Ring, yeah we have no further information, why did you cancel it? I didn’t, you did, we didn’t you must have, no. We’ll do the order again, wouldn’t take my address again, explained everything that had gone on and suddenly we’ve got it through, this time it’s definitely gone through.

Rangers fan we was, reckoned he wouldn’t swap Gerrard for Lampard, good, we’re not up for swapping.

Emails come through, followed shortly by another from the moderator on the forum, we can see you’ve tried twice to add and failed, you need to contact Sky and change your address. 

Now I’m getting frustrated.

Really frustrated.

I go to Sky.com to see if I can get hold of Live chat instead but greeted with

BBA319FA-8122-4B33-8E62-25006961AB8C.jpeg

Well this is great.

Ring Sky, yeah we can see you rang up earlier to change address but the address you’re moving to doesn’t exist so your services have been cancelled.....pardon? 

I’m now waiting for a call back from their senior advisor to try and figure out what has gone on.

You see, this is why I try to avoid call centres. I just wanted to watch the Accrington Stanley that’s all and now I have nothing.

Would have been easier to have bought a ticket and gone to the game.

If you’ve got a BT Sports subscription through EE you can’t stream it to a TV without the streaming addon, it’s free for 3 months but then £15pm, plus the £5pm for the subscription.

40AE9405-C066-4AB6-91FF-06759BDA00AD.jpeg

I still have app access through BT at the minute by paying for BT Sports on Sky, you can stream from iPad to Apple TV.

Not sure if it’s possible if you just pay for the app access through BT direct though.

10CBE4D0-AD09-4E6F-BA63-311920770F32.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Moist One said:

If you have the right tech, you can. The iPad will think it’s me if @David is logged on as me, and I do have a subscription. 

I assume you've experience with doing this with BT - but I'd just double check its not like Virgin was when I had a sub with them, where I had a limited number of devices I could watch it on, and once the slots had filled up I could only swap one out a month.

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I assume you've experience with doing this with BT - but I'd just double check its not like Virgin was when I had a sub with them, where I had a limited number of devices I could watch it on, and once the slots had filled up I could only swap one out a month.

That’s the same as Sly Sky that is.

28 minutes ago, David said:

If you’ve got a BT Sports subscription through EE you can’t stream it to a TV without the streaming addon, it’s free for 3 months but then £15pm, plus the £5pm for the subscription.

40AE9405-C066-4AB6-91FF-06759BDA00AD.jpeg

I still have app access through BT at the minute by paying for BT Sports on Sky, you can stream from iPad to Apple TV.

Not sure if it’s possible if you just pay for the app access through BT direct though.

10CBE4D0-AD09-4E6F-BA63-311920770F32.jpeg

Does this mean you’re sorted now? Should I offer @Boycie a login? 

5 hours ago, Archied said:

How does stuff like this work on a smart tv? Could you just use the browser and then go full screen ?would that work with rams tv?

You have to install an app I think. You may be able to logon to BT website on your smart tv browser, which I managed to do for the Dcfc site for preseason friendlies. Sadly some smart TVs are smarter than others. 

Archived