Sign in to follow this  
Wolfie20

WEST INDIES v ENGLAND

32 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Amazing hitting by Buttler and Morgan. At one point they'd scored 202 in the previous 50 balls - just think, averaging over 4 a ball.

It was tremendous, as is Gayle's knock (currently 100* off 55).

Just to correct your stat though, it was a strike rate of 202 in the previous 50 balls which actually means 2.02 runs a ball on average, not 4 runs a ball!

Though at one stage Buttler did hit 54 of 11 balls 😂

As brilliantly entertaining as the first 4 (3) ODIs have been, I still prefer test cricket. However, my preference isn't as definitive as it once was.

On 01/03/2019 at 21:01, eddie said:

As brilliantly entertaining as the first 4 (3) ODIs have been, I still prefer test cricket. However, my preference isn't as definitive as it once was.

It's good to mix it up a bit i think. I would favour a format like the women's game where a series is decided on the results of a blend of matches in different formats.

The women usually only play 1 test though which i think is not enough, but as a concept to trial i think it has some merit if the balance can be achieved.

There needs to be a fair contest between batsman and bowler.