Racism (moved from Ashley Cole transfer thread)

ramsbottom

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because on the day another professional footballer disappears on a plane, he makes a smug post about avoiding prison, with absolutely no awareness of others. Nothing to do with being ''offended by everything'' it's called having some respect for another player of the game. 

That assumes he knew, but yes if he did I grant you it was insensitive.

I personally imagine he was whisked from the court to the plane. So its hard to know.

I suppose of course he could have deleted it once he subsequently found out.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paul71 said:

That assumes he knew, but yes if he did I grant you it was insensitive.

I personally imagine he was whisked from the court to the plane. So its hard to know.

I suppose of course he could have deleted it once he subsequently found out.

Surely someone around him must have known and told him not to post it? To me, it really doesn't give out a good message about Ronaldo at all.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Surely someone around him must have known and told him not to post it? To me, it really doesn't give out a good message about Ronaldo at all.

I don't know. Probably wrapped up in their little world celebrating.

It doesnt no.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who, at a time when gun and knife crime is spiralling out of control in black communities, thought it would be a good idea to get a tattoo of a gun.

As far as I am aware, before that the only criticism of him was that he had not scored for England for about 3 years.

Read the 2 articles that the daily mail published....one on Tosin Adarabioyo (black) buying a house for his parents and the other one on Foden (white) buying a house for his parents... the difference on how the two are wrote is sickening. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/raheem-sterling-daily-mail_uk_5c0cf45de4b035a7bf5bf41c/

17 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

The unconscious bias runs far deeper than you're suggesting,

• Ince - black
  • Keogh= Irish
  • Lawrence = Welsh

I daren't even mention that Butterfield played like a girl ?

Keogh is English ,born in Essex. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Read the 2 articles that the daily mail published....one on Tosin Adarabioyo (black) buying a house for his parents and the other one on Foden (white) buying a house for his parents... the difference on how the two are wrote is sickening. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/raheem-sterling-daily-mail_uk_5c0cf45de4b035a7bf5bf41c/

You're forgetting another difference, most of us have heard of Foden, none of us have heard of the other guy.

Isn't the article just showing that completely unheard of players are bringing in ridiculous salaries?

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You're forgetting another difference, most of us have heard of Foden, none of us have heard of the other guy.

Isn't the article just showing that completely unheard of players are bringing in ridiculous salaries?

no, I think it is just showing how a young, overpaid black player is portrayed in comparison to a young overpaid white player 

Fancy creating  this thread just after @lambchop seems to been banished.

(the forum is poorer for it)

Its not a subject i can get very interested in.

i find the accusations of racism - conscious or sub-conscious - are based on very little.

i wasn't a huge fan of ince. Nothing to do with his supposed colour. I just thought he was selfish, limited and a luxury.

i'm not a huge fan of tom Lawrence for exactly the same reasons.

i wasn't a fan of jeff kenna - simply because he was craap

am i sub-consciously racist?

well....

Chris powell is probably my favourite black player to have played for derby. Gerry daly is my favourite irish player. Alan durban is my favourite welsh player.

So there.

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Fancy creating  this thread just after @lambchop seems to been banished.

(the forum is poorer for it)

Its not a subject i can get very interested in.

i find the accusations of racism - conscious or sub-conscious - are based on very little.

i wasn't a huge fan of ince. Nothing to do with his supposed colour. I just thought he was selfish, limited and a luxury.

i'm not a huge fan of tom Lawrence for exactly the same reasons.

i wasn't a fan of jeff kenna - simply because he was craap

am i sub-consciously racist?

well....

Chris powell is probably my favourite black player to have played for derby. Gerry daly is my favourite irish player. Alan durban is my favourite welsh player.

So there.

................and Archie Gemmill is my favourite Scottish player

12 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

no, I think it is just showing how a young, overpaid black player is portrayed in comparison to a young overpaid white player 

Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever agreed with anything you've ever posted, my old mucker. Might have an extra beer or two to celebrate later.

As for the general thread, this is why we can't have nice things. ?

At the very least - can this thread possibly get moved out of the "Derby County" section?

Using Derby County players as examples to extend an overreaching discussion (a repeated discussion, i think, too) on racism doesn't warrant it, imo, to be in this area of the forum. 

No big deal, its just easier for people to avoid in the Pub. I keep clicking on the latest post in Derby County and it keeps bringing me here ?

Archived