Thierry Henry suspended by Monaco

Day

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In his defence, Monaco have suffered an almighty injury crisis. Sixteen players out at the height of it. 

This is at a club that has been sent on a downward spiral due to a constant firesale. 

It shouldn’t reflect too badly on him… though they do so a manager’s greatest skill is picking his next job correctly.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Sold mbappe. Sold bernardo silva. Sold fabinho. 

Managers fault they are crap?

Didn't they also sell Lemar...oh and get Nacer Chadli from West Brom? Or have I got myself mixed up with another team again? (I do that a lot)

I'm afraid I'm not buying the "they sold all the players" line. This is Ligue 1. That Monaco squad is comfortably better than many, even taking sales and injuries into account. This is simply another case of a supremely arrogant ex player believing he can walk into a top job and succeed based on what he did on the pitch. Just like when it happened to Gary Neville, I take great pleasure in watching Henry fall flat on his face. Before we get the violins out, just remember than Henry refused numerous offers from Arsenal to take charge of one of their youth teams.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Never heard of it never mind tried it. Will give it a go next time, if it is crap I'm going to hunt you down.

?

Its the best, imo. And I like every curry. Except korma. Korma is indian baby-food that has been well marketed in the UK.

4 hours ago, Anon said:

I'm afraid I'm not buying the "they sold all the players" line. This is Ligue 1. That Monaco squad is comfortably better than many, even taking sales and injuries into account. This is simply another case of a supremely arrogant ex player believing he can walk into a top job and succeed based on what he did on the pitch. Just like when it happened to Gary Neville, I take great pleasure in watching Henry fall flat on his face. Before we get the violins out, just remember than Henry refused numerous offers from Arsenal to take charge of one of their youth teams.

TBF you could say that about us, do think Frank would cope and have us fairly high up the table if 16 first teamers were out for a period of time?  Not saying he's a coaching messiah, but I think any team, bar the super clubs would struggle.

19 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Didn't they also sell Lemar...oh and get Nacer Chadli from West Brom? Or have I got myself mixed up with another team again? (I do that a lot)

And Moutinho

they were very poor in august and sept before he joined them. Not really surprising that he cam't change it without having a transfer window.

Archived