Keogh's Derby promotion crusade

Carl Sagan

2 hours ago, unclej said:

I've read this thread and just cannot believe what I've seen here. The disguise is complete.

Our defending during his tenure has been woeful.  I've watched his own performances through my fingers most of the time. To think we could have taken him to the premiership! It just doesn't warrant thinking about.  Mana, Sane, Sterling, Hazard, Rashford... It would have been Cert X.  I doubt any reconstructive surgeon could put him right after being torn a new one every week. The children would have to be lead from the stadium in tears asking 'why are they treating that man with the beard so bad Daddy?'.  The shares in Persil would rocket as the laundry department battle to get the stains off the backside of his shorts.  

If you think being relegated in March was bad...

He's where he belongs. Running around, making the faces, punching the sky and duping you all into thinking he can play footie.

Garbage. Every word of it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, unclej said:

I've read this thread and just cannot believe what I've seen here. The disguise is complete.

Our defending during his tenure has been woeful.  I've watched his own performances through my fingers most of the time. To think we could have taken him to the premiership! It just doesn't warrant thinking about.  Mana, Sane, Sterling, Hazard, Rashford... It would have been Cert X.  I doubt any reconstructive surgeon could put him right after being torn a new one every week. The children would have to be lead from the stadium in tears asking 'why are they treating that man with the beard so bad Daddy?'.  The shares in Persil would rocket as the laundry department battle to get the stains off the backside of his shorts.  

If you think being relegated in March was bad...

He's where he belongs. Running around, making the faces, punching the sky and duping you all into thinking he can play footie.

I love ott posts full of sarcasm

steve carell lol GIF

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

. Keogh is not the best defender in the world...

He's not even the best defender in a Derby No.6 shirt. 

I'm glad you ladies all think things are OK and that our Richard is a safe pair of hands. Let's hope some like minded manager comes in for him this summer.

Mark my words and I've said it for 5yrs;

'We'll never go up with Richard Keogh at the back'.

But I've come to realise it's probably for the best.

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Literally this season’s PLAYER’S player of the season…

You’re falling for it. He’s got literally everyone fooled. Frank, all the other managers who have had him as first choice, all the other players, the majority of fans (including the ones at Coventry who voted him as player of the season when we bought him). But @unclej isn’t fooled. 

He also knows the moon landing was fake, and the Loch Ness minster is real. 

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You’re falling for it. He’s got literally everyone fooled. Frank, all the other managers who have had him as first choice, all the other players, the majority of fans (including the ones at Coventry who voted him as player of the season when we bought him). But @unclej isn’t fooled. 

Yeah, just a floating church.

DBFC0ABC-FE0A-419D-A531-C480F12A0208.jpeg

Lets be having it right Richard Keogh is Derby County through and through and it would be a travesty for him if he does not get is dream of leading our club out in the premier league which is something he truly deserves

20 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It as if the only people that can't be fooled are the fools.

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

You’re falling for it. He’s got literally everyone fooled. Frank, all the other managers who have had him as first choice, all the other players, the majority of fans (including the ones at Coventry who voted him as player of the season when we bought him).

I think he might go through his entire career leaving some to believe its enough to show passion, without having any ability or concentration.  It's remarkable.

Derby fru & fru though.

On 23/01/2019 at 05:15, sunnyhill60 said:

Whilst reserving the right to make a few grumbling posts on here next time he makes a howler, I cannot dispute your comments.

Every manager since he joined us  in 2012 has formed the same opinion and he has missed very few league games.

I would imagine the ratio of howlers per games played would be quite low in any case. I imagine most of his detractors haven't been able to move on from the unfortunate incident in the QPR play off final. 

If anyone wants Keogh gone based on not getting promotion with him in the team, it's based on superstition and bad ju-ju, rather than evidence.

In which case fair enough, but don't try and disguise it based upon his actual contribution on the pitch, because that would be a lie.

6 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Garbage. Every word of it.

I disagree.

The poor guy has been watching the games through his fingers the entire season so it's no wonder he's so utterly clueless.

I  filled my ears with cotton wool and sat down to listen to some Mozart last night. Total garbage. Everything sounded wooly and muffled. 

Richard Keogh is so dependable in defence that the others find themselves assuming that he will always do the right thing.

Consequently, on the rare occasions on which he fails to deliver he seems to commit a 'howler' as he has no one to pick up the loose ball before it is in the back of the net.

No player (goalies included) can go through a game faultlessly without the support of the others in that back line.

6 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Richard Keogh is so dependable in defence that the others find themselves assuming that he will always do the right thing.

Consequently, on the rare occasions on which he fails to deliver he seems to commit a 'howler' as he has no one to pick up the loose ball before it is in the back of the net.

No player (goalies included) can go through a game faultlessly without the support of the others in that back line.

blimey 

17 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

It is an odd one how many managers keep picking him for sides competing at the top end of the division - And now a couple of Ireland managers keep selecting him for the international squad too

Personally I think he's a top quality Championship CB - I think we had the 5th best defence this season in the league (?) in terms of goals conceded - And that's without having a recognised DM for most of the season to give the defence any cover - And playing next to a RB who's inexperienced at this level (defensively he's improved massively over the season)

Archived