Football fans are mad

uttoxram75

16 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Been out earlier walking the dog, it was freezing cold, wet, windy and downright miserable. I've just read that Fleetwopd took 40 fans to AFC Wimbledon tonight. They won 3-0 so I'm really chuffed for them but wtf makes people travel vast distances in horrendous weather conditions getting home at silly o'clock having spent a fair few quid for the pleasure?

Walsall were away at Plymouth Argyle as well, no idea how many went, but if they did, they all deserve a medal, or sectioning.....?

A Bill Shankly quote springs to mind...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, David said:

Same for us this year against Hull. Ok it’s not as far but to visit Hull twice in a week deserves some kind of award.

Behave the lot of you above.

Hull's the Ritz, Grimsby the Blitz.

It's Never Dull in Hull. Beautiful, wonderful place and so are the people of Hull.

And anyway you lot trying sitting on a megabus from London to Aberdeen after losing to Q.P.R. for 11 plus hours, lightweights the lot of ya!.......

Hully Gully.

10 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

When I can stay at home, cook a nice meal, work my way through a couple of bottles of wine, watch a movie with the wife, and the whole evenings cost me about a tenner.

I'm guessing the wine is all top notch stuff then....

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm guessing the wine is all top notch stuff then....

Just to clarify. I’m talking about Tesco’s 2 dine in for a tenner (or has that gone up). And there’s usually a second bottle of wine roujdnthe house somewhere. Fair enough, if I have to be pushing for a second bottle of wine, it might be twenty. But then my wife is more likely to pay her share then. So for me it’s only a tenner. When I’m out, it’s me being the gentleman and buying all the rounds. 

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

It's Never Dull in Hull. Beautiful, wonderful place and so are the people of Hull.

You haven’t been to Hull. If you think you have you haven’t, they lied. You was probably in Scarborough or somewhere.

12 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Wasn't it Exeter and Carlisle who played each other last game of the season the other year, and then immediately met again in the 2-legged play off semi? That's some proper travelling for the hardcore fan

Just looked it up, your memory is better than mine. I plead old-age. It must have seemed a very long journey back for the Carlisle fans. 12 hour 700 mile round trip. From Exeter's website:

The 2016/17 campaign would see the Grecians have a difficult start as they sat rock bottom of the league in November 2016 with key players missing out through injury. But, in an incredible season, City managed to climb the table with a stellar end to the season and eventually finished in fifth place, claiming a play-off place.

They were drawn against Carlisle United in the semi-finals, and yet again, Tisdale and his players produced a quite remarkable occasion. The Grecians travelled to Cumbria for the first leg and found themselves 3-1 up at Brunton Park before the home side levelled to set up an exciting night at St James Park for the second leg.

And what a night it turned out to be as the Grecians raced to a 2-0 (5-3 agg) lead on the night with two goals from academy graduate Ollie Watkins. But, in a crazy 10-minute spell, the Cumbrians fought back to level the score on the night to 2-2 (5-5 agg) after goals from Jason Kennedy and John O'Sullivan. As the match crept into the fifth minute of injury time, up popped young loanee Jack Stacey from right back, who curled an exquisite effort with his left foot into the far corner from the edge of the box to send the Grecians to Wembley.

Archived