Football fans are mad

uttoxram75

Been out earlier walking the dog, it was freezing cold, wet, windy and downright miserable. I've just read that Fleetwopd took 40 fans to AFC Wimbledon tonight. They won 3-0 so I'm really chuffed for them but wtf makes people travel vast distances in horrendous weather conditions getting home at silly o'clock having spent a fair few quid for the pleasure?

Walsall were away at Plymouth Argyle as well, no idea how many went, but if they did, they all deserve a medal, or sectioning.....?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won't get the same pleasure just moaning away in the comfort of your own armchair.

a cold wet night on an open terrace will allow for some serious moaning before, during and after.

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Been out earlier walking the dog, it was freezing cold, wet, windy and downright miserable. I've just read that Fleetwopd took 40 fans to AFC Wimbledon tonight. They won 3-0 so I'm really chuffed for them but wtf makes people travel vast distances in horrendous weather conditions getting home at silly o'clock having spent a fair few quid for the pleasure?

Walsall were away at Plymouth Argyle as well, no idea how many went, but if they did, they all deserve a medal, or sectioning.....?

I can’t explain it, I just have to go no matter what the expense or distance. It’s in my dna youth.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Kingston upon Thames is a nice place.. Worth the trip, I do a lot of shopping there.. Parking is a bit pricey though..

It’s a bit like going into town, downing pints of fizzy red fruits in pubs you can hardly hear yourself speak, when you could be sat on the settee at home, with your slippers on, watching t.v, drinking your favourite tipple in the warmth. Bonkers eh.

13 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

It’s a bit like going into town, downing pints of fizzy red fruits in pubs you can hardly hear yourself speak, when you could be sat on the settee at home, with your slippers on, watching t.v, drinking your favourite tipple in the warmth. Bonkers eh.

Took me a while to work that one out, but when I did it was a revelation. Why do I want to go sit in a noisy bar, where I can’t actuwlly have a decent conversation, spend about £50 in beer, £20 on the taxi home, and £20 on a babysitter, and look forward to a banging hangover in the morning, when I can stay at home, cook a nice meal, work my way through a couple of bottles of wine, watch a movie with the wife, and the whole evenings cost me about a tenner. 

I am an armchair goer outer. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Took me a while to work that one out, but when I did it was a revelation. Why do I want to go sit in a noisy bar, where I can’t actuwlly have a decent conversation, spend about £50 in beer, £20 on the taxi home, and £20 on a babysitter, and look forward to a banging hangover in the morning, when I can stay at home, cook a nice meal, work my way through a couple of bottles of wine, watch a movie with the wife, and the whole evenings cost me about a tenner. 

Got to question the quality of wine if you are getting a meal and two bottles of wine out of a tenner. ??

3 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Got to question the quality of wine if you are getting a meal and two bottles of wine out of a tenner. ??

All tastes the same, don’t let the glass swirlers and cork sniffers tell you any different, higher the price of the bottle the more sophisticated wine drinkers feel they are. It’s all just a bunch of grapes.

1 minute ago, David said:

All tastes the same, don’t let the glass swirlers and cork sniffers tell you any different, higher the price of the bottle the more sophisticated wine drinkers feel they are.

Eek!! First part is so wrong. Second part is so right. 

23 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Wasn't it Exeter and Carlisle who played each other last game of the season the other year, and then immediately met again in the 2-legged play off semi? That's some proper travelling for the hardcore fan

I'm sure you're right. Not sure of what part of the season it was (I thought it was mid-winter, but time dulls the memory) but these 2 clubs definitely met mid-week in a cup tie which went to extra time and a penalty shoot out and it was the losers who had the long journey home.

I commented on it at the time. Die-hard fans, none of yer plastic rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I'm sure you're right. Not sure of what part of the season it was (I thought it was mid-winter, but time dulls the memory) but these 2 clubs definitely met mid-week in a cup tie which went to extra time and a penalty shoot out and it was the losers who had the long journey home.

I commented on it at the time. Die-hard fans, none of yer plastic rubbish.

Same for us this year against Hull. Ok it’s not as far but to visit Hull twice in a week deserves some kind of award.

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Took me a while but i found the answer to your question eventually... It's probably the wife bit.

4 hours ago, David said:

Same for us this year against Hull. Ok it’s not as far but to visit Hull twice in a week deserves some kind of award.

I've been to Hull. And I'd say, even if you live in Hull you deserve an award if you visit that place twice. City of Culture my a***

Archived