Playoff final

Spooney1963

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never watched it since the weekend it happened. I remember a Bryson chance and possibly a Ward or Martin chance that should have won it? 

Was it Gary O'Neil that chopped down Russell? Argh! 

Was Thorne as immense as I remember? Was Wisdom a beast? Hendrick and Hughes eventually bossed the middle. Their only threat was a long range effort from Austin and other than that only Hoilett looked a bit tricky to cope with?  

I had a horrible view of the goal. Far end, directly in line with Zamora and the post that the ball went inside. As soon as he hit it I saw Grants hand not cover the post and the ball float really slowly between post and hand. 

Anyone else look for an offside flag? It can't be a goal? They haven't won? We've had an incredible season. Journalists are loving us. We are never beaten until the final whistle. The atmosphere around the town. The Brighton home game. The trip to Wembley. The belief in the ground!!! We've outplayed them from our goal line to their 18 yard box. O'Neil has had to cheat to stop us scoring. 

No way has Zamora won it. There will have been a foul. An offside? 

They've ducking won it

Oh god

How? 

They've actually won

47 minutes ago, Spooney1963 said:

Watching Derby v QPR playoff final on sky.

i know it finishes badly but great atmosphere and we played some great stuff regardless of the result.

this year maybe!!

I’ve never watched it back, maybe it’s time too.

Nor me. I don’t get all the arguments about whether Bucko or Forsyth was more at fault than Keogh. In order to be part of that discussion you must have had to watch it back. Why would anyone do that?

I was bang in line with the murderous foul on JR, and I believe to this day that he was about to smash it into the top corner.

As the OP said - this year maybe...

5 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And that's why were going to win again a bank holiday Monday just like the WBA one. Bring it on.

And just like WBA I think I'll fly down and do the corporate Club Wembley trip again so we get the same result, with all the trimmings, instead of the Q.P.R experience of flat Carlsberg beer at £5 a go, and the all night bus ride back on a megabus to Aberdeen, that broke down at Dundee, a bit like our players right at the death of the game.

Nice touch with Frank and Ashley in the video.......it's happening again, Derby County, it's happening again!

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Anyrode, what’s the date of the play off final this year, I don’t want a holiday clash.

Too late!

We're booked for the week in Cornwall due to a weird sequence of circumstances so I'll be further away from Wembley than I am now.

Mrs Utch is aware she may have to entertain herself without me on the Bank Holiday Monday (we are going with friends so I won't have to pretend to feel guilty), although I remain optimistic that I will be on the beach using my flag as a windbreak singing "super, super, Frank........."

If it had stay 11 v 11 we would have won. Mentally after the sending off we all thought that's it we've done it and so did the players. QPR looked more compact and dangerous once O'Neil went off.

I think there's a parallel universe somewhere with us having finished top 10 in the prem every season since..

Archived