Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

Jon Obi Mikel - Signed for Boro

This would be more awesome than I can vocalise. Mikel would absolutely boss midfields at Championship level. I'm quite happy with short-term contracts as it seems the lowest risk versus the biggest possible reward. Hard to attain value in any Jan window so if Frank can pull in a few favours then all well and good. 

At 31, I’m open to this as long as it’s a fairly short-term deal. 

Also, do Boro really need another CDM? Thought they already had about eight players for that position. 

39 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

At 31, I’m open to this as long as it’s a fairly short-term deal. 

Also, do Boro really need another CDM? Thought they already had about eight players for that position. 

Pulis will buy a player not really caring what position he plays, just so long as he's 6ft 12in!

Would be a great signing for us. He would dominate in that role which we miss sometimes, neither Evans or Huddlestone are very good at the dirty side of the game. id snap him up, great experience for Holmes, Mount and Wilson in CM.

54 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Are we really interested though? 

I wouldn't have imagined so.  We have Tom Huddlestone and George Evans who Lampard rates.  Plus Max Bird seems to be next in line to come through.

Even if we were interested Boro will probably offer a good wage given they are still in receipt of Premier League money so we wouldn't be able to compete.  I would imagine/hope if we were looking to sign someone else there would be other priorities.