When you don’t pay the digger driver his wages

David

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

How on earth are the police still searching for him if he was there for 30 mins?

Yet abuse a police officer in Derby and 19 police cars rush there.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/derbyshire-police-meteor-centre-incident-2255525

Seems to me it's not lack of funds affecting our police force more lack of management and priorities.

Can you imagine what would of happened if a Gerbil had driven the mini digger?

Nuts init.

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Turns out he had been paid but not checked his bank account.

Lies made up by the Sun.

Seems that there’s a few not been paid.

Probably the main contractor delaying payment to this guys contractor.

This is the problem with refurbishment work, they want a fast turnaround but are slow to pay.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Lies made up by the Sun.

Seems that there’s a few not been paid.

Probably the main contractor delaying payment to this guys contractor.

This is the problem with refurbishment work, they want a fast turnaround but are slow to pay.

Should have all downed tools then, chuck the digger keys down the drain or something, seems a bit daft to have what will be a criminal damage charge on your file with a chunky fine. Once his name is out there in public, would imagine finding more work would be difficult.

1 hour ago, David said:

Should have all downed tools then, chuck the digger keys down the drain or something, seems a bit daft to have what will be a criminal damage charge on your file with a chunky fine. Once his name is out there in public, would imagine finding more work would be difficult.

Trouble is, when you’re self employed on a project you don’t want to walk off site with the fear of not getting paid so carry on in good faith. 

Obviously he’s snapped, but some lads were owed lots more than £600 and didn’t flip.

Its Jan, everyone’s skint from Xmas and the missus would of been on his back saying “ I’d tell them this! I’d do that!”

We’ve seen the result,

Another option a lot of middle aged men take is far worse and fatal.

Noboby died, it’s not right what he did, we all react in our own ways.

Many think self employed guys must be rolling in it, and on the fiddle all the time, but the reasons many go self employed is because these short project sub contractors don’t want the hassle of employed guys with rights.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

Trouble is, when you’re self employed on a project you don’t want to walk off site with the fear of not getting paid so carry on in good faith. 

Obviously he’s snapped, but some lads were owed lots more than £600 and didn’t flip.

Its Jan, everyone’s skint from Xmas and the missus would of been on his back saying “ I’d tell them this! I’d do that!”

We’ve seen the result,

Another option a lot of middle aged men take is far worse and fatal.

Noboby died, it’s not right what he did, we all react in our own ways.

Many think self employed guys must be rolling in it, and on the fiddle all the time, but the reasons many go self employed is because these short project sub contractors don’t want the hassle of employed guys with rights.

No need to be sorry. Only a wife could drive you that crazy. 

On 23/01/2019 at 10:08, Phoenix said:

The story in the Mail was that they should have received their money on the Friday but it didn't come through until the Monday. Why should they print lies of this nature?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6616727/Digger-driver-smashes-way-new-Travelodge-hotel-bizarre-rampage.html

Thanks.

Now I doubt the existence of Travelodges, diggers and bank accounts.

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

hmmmmm, now what is that accent I can hear.....?

poor bloke, the digger was obviously just out of control, its not his fault...it never is

When I was a kid, I nearly stepped on a krait (a particularly poisonous Malaysian snake) and it frightened the life out of me. I assume that your childhood trauma was nearly treading on a Scouser.

The Sun (I know) have a quote from the owner of the construction company now:

He told Sun Online: “I can’t believe what’s happened at the hotel. It’s all a big mistake.

“John had only done a week’s work and was going to be paid this Friday.

“He’d worked a week in hand but for some reason he thought he was going to be paid the previous Friday, straight after he finished.

“The job was finished on Friday and John shouldn’t even have been on the site.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8273684/travelodge-digger-ex-girlfriend-slams-gofundme-handouts/

7 hours ago, eddie said:

When I was a kid, I nearly stepped on a krait (a particularly poisonous Malaysian snake) and it frightened the life out of me. I assume that your childhood trauma was nearly treading on a Scouser.

Eddie fails to mention his encounter with a particularly vicious Dodo when he was a kid too mind. ?

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Eddie fails to mention his encounter with a particularly vicious Dodo when he was a kid too mind. ?

Encounter? I went to school in Nottingham, so had to live amongst them.

Archived