Emiliano Sala

AdamRam

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

And that’s the distasteful thing, are some people jumping on the tragedy for their own PR gain?

I wouldn't go so far as suggesting that. I think it's more likely the competitive grieving Findern suggested. There's probably plenty of the Cardiff players who aren't bothered, but obviously they aren't going to be honest about that. Imagine the uproar if of them said, "It's a really sad situation, but I never met Emiliano, so it hasn't really affected me."

21 minutes ago, Anon said:

I wouldn't go so far as suggesting that. I think it's more likely the competitive grieving Findern suggested. There's probably plenty of the Cardiff players who aren't bothered, but obviously they aren't going to be honest about that. Imagine the uproar if of them said, "It's a really sad situation, but I never met Emiliano, so it hasn't really affected me."

Was it you that started down this road (can’t be arsed to go back and check), but same thing, the first couple of pages are all ‘thoughts and wishes are with his family, hope they find him, etc.’ which is probably an appropriate response. 

But eventually someone has to be the ******** who says ‘actually, it’s sad, but it’s not really effected me. Not as much as when Bing Bong died anyway.’

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Was it you that started down this road (can’t be arsed to go back and check), but same thing, the first couple of pages are all ‘thoughts and wishes are with his family, hope they find him, etc.’ which is probably an appropriate response. 

But eventually someone has to be the ******** who says ‘actually, it’s sad, but it’s not really effected me. Not as much as when Bing Bong died anyway.’

Bing Bong has died?! When?!

Another take on both the Leicester and Cardiff tragedies is one that will probably also get me some grief, so I don't mean this with any disrespect to the deceased, but is there not a point an element of these deaths was so needless, yet driven by wealth and status and entitlement

Leicester owner flies helicopter from Leicester to London, when there is a regular train service that takes about an hour and if he wants privacy could have gone by car. But he's rich enough to own a helicopter so forget that. Granted any form of transport is not safe, but I suspect helicopter is considerably less safe than train or car.

And with Sala it's just bonkers that he tried to get from France to Cardiff by some kind of light aircraft?! What was so urgent that he couldn't just get the Ryanair? He's moving football club, not escaping wartime occupied France.

Just so sad that we all strive for as much money as possible like it solves every problem, but it can't buy your life ?

5 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Another take on both the Leicester and Cardiff tragedies is one that will probably also get me some grief, so I don't mean this with any disrespect to the deceased, but is there not a point an element of these deaths was so needless, yet driven by wealth and status and entitlement

Leicester owner flies helicopter from Leicester to London, when there is a regular train service that takes about an hour and if he wants privacy could have gone by car. But he's rich enough to own a helicopter so forget that. Granted any form of transport is not safe, but I suspect helicopter is considerably less safe than train or car.

And with Sala it's just bonkers that he tried to get from France to Cardiff by some kind of light aircraft?! What was so urgent that he couldn't just get the Ryanair? He's moving football club, not escaping wartime occupied France.

Just so sad that we all strive for as much money as possible like it solves every problem, but it can't buy your life ?

Leicester owner I have to say disagree don't blame him for using an helicopter if you can .Sala massive risk /major error of judgement using an aircraft like that at this time of year over open water .The pilot also according to the press was responsible for landing a plane with the wheels up a few years ago. The plane also failed to get off the ground 3 or 4 times when the flight took off .

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s a Pixar reference. I’ve never cried so much in the cinema, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. 

I honestly did not know that.  I thought you were just making up a really stupid name.  Now I know Bing Bong really has died... well, you can imagine my utter shame now, after making such mirth about it.  I can only apologise, and pray your burdened heart soon finds joy.

Oh... and man up, yer wuss!  :-) 

11 hours ago, Anon said:

I'm about to be a massive dhead (moreso than usual), so stop reading if you're particularly devastated that some people you didn't know died in a plane crash.

I just can't get over how odd the reaction in Cardiff has been to this tragedy. I completely understand any commemorations held by Nantes. These were people who knew the guy and were friends with him, but few people at Cardiff ever even spoke to him. Just imagine if this happened at your place of work. You're told the new sales director, Emiliano, will not be taking up the position as he unfortunately died in a road traffic accident. You never met him, but saw him once or twice when he was in for interviews. A week later you decide to thank the accounts team for putting in some overtime on one of your projects, "We did it for Emiliano" they earnestly reply. Everyone claps. Ian from the fabrication team is openly weeping. Would you not find this a little bizarre?

I didn't want to like this when I first started reading it.

Then I took a breath, read it again and realised you're spot on.

On one hand there is a huge amount of grief over Salo the human being but on the other side Cardiff and the other parties are readying hugely expensive legal teams to argue about the money and Salo the commodity.

Yeah righto.

Poor lad, poor pilot. That's all that matters.

23 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Some wreckage been washed up on the French coast apparently.

Seat cushions, which you'd think could have come from anywhere.

Although the massive skid marks make it more likely than not it's from the missing aircraft.

On 30/01/2019 at 16:09, StivePesley said:

Nope. Can't construct a reply that wouldn't be construed as political, so here's a cat emoji ? and consider yourself put right!

31 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Nope. Can't construct a reply that wouldn't be construed as political, so here's a cat emoji ? and consider yourself put right!

It's OK chap - I didn't really do a very good job of expressing what I meant. Something about the more wealth you amass the more some people seem to ignore risk. But death comes to us all - it doesn't care how much money we have.

Anyway - I'll stick to the Jokes thread ?

15 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

It's OK chap - I didn't really do a very good job of expressing what I meant. Something about the more wealth you amass the more some people seem to ignore risk. But death comes to us all - it doesn't care how much money we have.

Anyway - I'll stick to the Jokes thread ?

Oh there's definitely something in that.

I would put it something like: If you are properly wealthy, then you can regain some of that childlike confidence and sense of adventure. When I was climbing trees & jumping out of haybarns on the farm as a kid, I wasn't worrying about not being able to pay the mortgage if I got injured and couldn't work.

On 30/01/2019 at 12:35, Boycie said:

I see the payment to Nantes have been frozen while they sort out who requested the plane.

Its going to get messy I think.

Yep, I was waiting for this. 

It's awful, wailing and nashing of teeth, huge outpouring of grief. Cardiff players losing again, but this time losing for Emilio. Tributes, silences, memorials, books of condolence. People crying in the streets and tying scarves to lamposts. Clubs and fans up and down the country joining in unity in showing how upset they are. 

Emilio is such a wonderful player, destined to become a Cardiff legend. We'll never be the same without him and will honour his memory forever. This is where football doesn't matter. Poor lad, poor family, poor us. Cardiff and Nantes linked forever by grief.

Oh, by the way, can we have our money back please?