Sign in to follow this  
AdamRam

Emiliano Sala

Listening to the recording of him saying he was on a plane that sounds like it's breaking up is pretty crappy.  Sadly they have called off the search now which kind of implies the worst can only be assumed. Very sad 😯

This is such a tragic event and I feel for their family so much.

Taking all emotion and sentiment away from the situation, and again, you can't put money on a life but I assume Cardiff will still be required to pay the £15 Million? Anyone seen any official comments about this?

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Taking all emotion and sentiment away from the situation, and again, you can't put money on a life but I assume Cardiff will still be required to pay the £15 Million? Anyone seen any official comments about this?

I imagine a substantial amount of the money has already changed hands - and it's up to Nantes what they do with that money.

As for installments beyond the initial fee - I'd imagine in such circumstance that any guaranteed installments are written off. 

Still, lets hold out hope something incredibly unlikely has occurred and he's still with us.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I imagine a substantial amount of the money has already changed hands - and it's up to Nantes what they do with that money.

As for installments beyond the initial fee - I'd imagine in such circumstance that any guaranteed installments are written off. 

Still, lets hold out hope something incredibly unlikely has occurred and he's still with us.

Last para - yep.

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

REPORT: CARDIFF CITY LIABLE FOR FULL SALA TRANSFER FEE

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Cardiff City 'liable for full £15m Emiliano Sala fee'
By Neil Wilkes, Editor-in-chief

Cardiff City are reportedly liable for the full £15m transfer fee for striker Emiliano Sala, who is feared to have died in a plane crash.

The Bluebirds concluded a deal for the 28-year-old with Ligue 1 side Nantes last Saturday but as he made his way to the Welsh capital just two days later, his plane disappeared from radar and has yet to be found.

Yesterday the search operation was officially abandoned by rescue workers, all but ending any slim hopes that Sala could still be found alive.

According to The Times, there was initial speculation that the transfer had technically not gone through before Sala's disappearance but the Football Association of Wales has now confirmed that the player's registration with Cardiff had already become official.

The newspaper says that the club paid Nantes £5m when the paperwork was signed on Saturday, with a commitment of two further instalments of £5m to follow in the future.

Cardiff have yet to confirm whether they have an insurance policy to cover their liability for the player.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204400

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

REPORT: CARDIFF CITY LIABLE FOR FULL SALA TRANSFER FEE

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Cardiff City 'liable for full £15m Emiliano Sala fee'
By Neil Wilkes, Editor-in-chief

Cardiff City are reportedly liable for the full £15m transfer fee for striker Emiliano Sala, who is feared to have died in a plane crash.

The Bluebirds concluded a deal for the 28-year-old with Ligue 1 side Nantes last Saturday but as he made his way to the Welsh capital just two days later, his plane disappeared from radar and has yet to be found.

Yesterday the search operation was officially abandoned by rescue workers, all but ending any slim hopes that Sala could still be found alive.

According to The Times, there was initial speculation that the transfer had technically not gone through before Sala's disappearance but the Football Association of Wales has now confirmed that the player's registration with Cardiff had already become official.

The newspaper says that the club paid Nantes £5m when the paperwork was signed on Saturday, with a commitment of two further instalments of £5m to follow in the future.

Cardiff have yet to confirm whether they have an insurance policy to cover their liability for the player.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204400

Thank you.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Cant imagine they don't have insurance. All decent sized employers I've ever worked for have had this kind of insurance for key staff members. 

Aye, but insurance companies will no doubt have certain stipulations in place that mean they don't pay out a single penny. I've luckily never needed to contact any insurance about a payout but the small print in some make it impossible to get any money back.

If he had been at the club for a calendar year, sure, but I'd imagine that they would have had to register him and his worth and there would be a number of days/months before that becomes viable. 

It's a horrible situation for them on a number of accounts, certainly, but I hope they can all pull together and pull off the unlikely. I never thought I'd say that after last season, but it would be good to see this spur them on! 

54 minutes ago, Carnero said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/25/cardiff-consider-legal-action-emiliano-sala-plane-disaster-face/

Cardiff City could launch a negligence claim over the Emiliano Sala plane disaster as the club faces a financial loss of around £14 million even after insurance payouts, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

Sounds like nonsense to me. How can Cardiff possibly be liable for 3 years salary when the player is not able to fulfil his side of the contract.

18 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Sounds like nonsense to me. How can Cardiff possibly be liable for 3 years salary when the player is not able to fulfil his side of the contract.

Don’t most employers pay death in service benefits? In my current Contract it’s 4 years salary 

57 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

If a player was injured for 3 years so unable to fulfil his side of the contract he'd still be paid in full.

Who knows how loaded contracts are these days in favour of a player and agent?

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

So they’ve given up on finding Sala,  but keep on looking for Madeline McCann.

You think she's somewhere in the English Channel?