Emiliano Sala

AdamRam

54 minutes ago, Carnero said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/25/cardiff-consider-legal-action-emiliano-sala-plane-disaster-face/

Cardiff City could launch a negligence claim over the Emiliano Sala plane disaster as the club faces a financial loss of around £14 million even after insurance payouts, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

Sounds like nonsense to me. How can Cardiff possibly be liable for 3 years salary when the player is not able to fulfil his side of the contract.

57 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Sounds like nonsense to me. How can Cardiff possibly be liable for 3 years salary when the player is not able to fulfil his side of the contract.

If a player was injured for 3 years so unable to fulfil his side of the contract he'd still be paid in full.

Who knows how loaded contracts are these days in favour of a player and agent?

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

So they’ve given up on finding Sala,  but keep on looking for Madeline McCann.

You think she's somewhere in the English Channel?

58 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

48 hours and they stop the search compared to 20 years and you are still wasting your tax money on looking for someone who we all know is dead. 

I bet Trump would love some of our tax money at the moment ?

On 26 January 2019 at 16:07, MuespachRam said:

48 hours and they stop the search compared to 20 years and you are still wasting your tax money on looking for someone who we all know is dead. 

The Guernsey Coastguard has been looking for Madelaine Mccann for 20 years!  Wow. 

you learn some amazing stuff from the experts on here.

I'm about to be a massive dhead (moreso than usual), so stop reading if you're particularly devastated that some people you didn't know died in a plane crash.

I just can't get over how odd the reaction in Cardiff has been to this tragedy. I completely understand any commemorations held by Nantes. These were people who knew the guy and were friends with him, but few people at Cardiff ever even spoke to him. Just imagine if this happened at your place of work. You're told the new sales director, Emiliano, will not be taking up the position as he unfortunately died in a road traffic accident. You never met him, but saw him once or twice when he was in for interviews. A week later you decide to thank the accounts team for putting in some overtime on one of your projects, "We did it for Emiliano" they earnestly reply. Everyone claps. Ian from the fabrication team is openly weeping. Would you not find this a little bizarre?

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I'm about to be a massive dhead (moreso than usual), so stop reading if you're particularly devastated that some people you didn't know died in a plane crash.

I just can't get over how odd the reaction in Cardiff has been to this tragedy. I completely understand any commemorations held by Nantes. These were people who knew the guy and were friends with him, but few people at Cardiff ever even spoke to him. Just imagine if this happened at your place of work. You're told the new sales director, Emiliano, will not be taking up the position as he unfortunately died in a road traffic accident. You never met him, but saw him once or twice when he was in for interviews. A week later you decide to thank the accounts team for putting in some overtime on one of your projects, "We did it for Emiliano" they earnestly reply. Everyone claps. Ian from the fabrication team is openly weeping. Would you not find this a little bizarre?

A Psychologist on TV said its called competitive grieving, showing you care more than the next guy! Driven by social media. Apparently the stiff upper lip British culture of the past is rapidly eroding away, so I guess we can look forward to more of this stuff.

17 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

A Psychologist on TV said its called competitive grieving, showing you care more than the next guy! Driven by social media. Apparently the stiff upper lip British culture of the past is rapidly eroding away, so I guess we can look forward to more of this stuff.

I can completely understand people getting emotional over the loss of a loved one, but I can't help feeling that the experience is cheapened somewhat when a random bloke claiming he wants to sing on Britain's Got Talent to honour his dead nan elicits the exact same reaction.

Regarding the psychological aspect, do you think I could be accused of the competitive rationalism along the same line of thinking. "Look how logical and unconcerned by mortality I am. I am so clever."

Edited by Anon

47 minutes ago, Anon said:

I can completely understand people getting emotional over the loss of a loved one, but I can't help feeling that the experience is cheapened somewhat when a random bloke claiming he wants to sing on Britain's Got Talent to honour his dead nan elicits the exact same reaction.

Regarding the psychological aspect, do you think I could be accused of the competitive rationalism along the same line of thinking. "Look how logical and unconcerned by mortality I am. I am so clever."

No you are right it's pathetic these days how people bang on about it .I've lost my parents and my sister at a very young age .There's not a Mothers Day or Father's Day that doesn't piss me off but it's life .

My mum and dad wouldn't want me to be miserable for the rest of my life and I want my kids and grandkids to go on and enjoy their after I've popped my clogs .It's the circle of life.

Everything going off on the Cardiff side of things is pretty bizarre and i don't think that is insensitive.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/cardiff-city-players-afraid-to-fly-after-emiliano-sala-plane-disappears/ar-BBSWkHK?li=BBoPWjP

The Cardiff players are now afraid of flying? Really? Just in case airborne tragedies are picking out players contracted to Cardiff City.

Warnock told the players they don't have to play against Arsenal but they all chose to play because they have all been so brave.

I've been trying to transfer it to a real life situation. Such as a new starter at work who i briefly met at their interview being in a fatal car crash on the way to their first day. Of course i would be quite upset, but probably only slightly more than if i saw the story on the news.

I'd be at work that day and every day that follows. Wouldn't make me scared to drive to work...

Am i missing something?

1 hour ago, McRainy said:

Hated Diana tbf. 

We've all just repressed the fear of our own mortality so much that it leaks out in bizarre ways. 

Own as quite young at the time, but I always found it weird that, at least according to my perception, the media was hounding her out as a cheating whore one minute, and then she died, and suddenly the whole country should be in mourning, and she was the best person in the world. 

Frok what I’ve seen about her since, I think the latter may be more true than the former, but it’s funny how the media suddenly flipped, and they spin any narrative that works for the cause of selling papers. 

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

Everything going off on the Cardiff side of things is pretty bizarre and i don't think that is insensitive.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/cardiff-city-players-afraid-to-fly-after-emiliano-sala-plane-disappears/ar-BBSWkHK?li=BBoPWjP

The Cardiff players are now afraid of flying? Really? Just in case airborne tragedies are picking out players contracted to Cardiff City.

Warnock told the players they don't have to play against Arsenal but they all chose to play because they have all been so brave.

I've been trying to transfer it to a real life situation. Such as a new starter at work who i briefly met at their interview being in a fatal car crash on the way to their first day. Of course i would be quite upset, but probably only slightly more than if i saw the story on the news.

I'd be at work that day and every day that follows. Wouldn't make me scared to drive to work...

Am i missing something?

It’s interesting that it’s happened in the same season as Leicester’s owner. 

Put that in the same analogy, and it’s your companies owner, who you probably saw reasonably often, if not to chat too, but by all accounts was a nice man, and used to pay for the Christmas party. And his death was extremely violent, right at the front door of your office.

Now, I’d still say the outpouring of grief there was still probably a bit much, but definitely more justified in that scenario. That would probably shake you up a bit at work. Even if you didn’t know the guy, just the helicopter exploding on your doorstep would be enough to willies up you.

So hats off to the Leicester players there. But the Cardiff players aren’t exactly hero’s for showing up to work the next day, they’re making a bit of a meal of it. And that’s the distasteful thing, are some people jumping on the tragedy for their own PR gain?