Emiliano Sala

AdamRam

I’ve just read more about this - absolutely horrible. There is an apparent voice note he sent over WhatsApp saying how bad the plane was, also reports that they struggled to take off in the first instance. Absolutely mental. It’s hard to comprehend that things like this could possibly be allowed to happen, especially if the reports of how bad the plane was are true. 

People are hoping for the best, but I can’t possible envisage any scenario where they are stranded and still alive. 

Such a needless waste of life.

21 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Really nice touch by Ronaldo yesterday...

Apart from his chronic lack of self-awareness, sensitivity and general all round brains - what I don't get is "who took this photo?"

It's a photo of him taking a selfie, but it's not the selfie. The selfie will be on his phone. Yet he tweeted this, so whoever took it must have sent it to him first and he preferred it to the actual selfie?

Whilst the timing isn’t great, I’d image he’s completely unaware having being tied up in court with his tax fraud case all day, accepted a 23 month prison sentence which he won’t have to serve as Spanish law is a bit different, but paying a €18.8m fine.

Not like he will have notifications on either to see the mayhem he’s caused in his mentions, just a typical celebrity posting a pic of happy they are. 

As sad as this story is, one of the photos in The Mirror article made me laugh.

image.thumb.png.9f2717b46e21e630092c7c6acca5495d.png

This isn't a photo of Sala on the plane that went down, but a random photo of him on a different plane last year, just in case Mirror readers were having trouble imagining what a man sitting on a plane might look like.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This is such a tragic event and I feel for their family so much.

Taking all emotion and sentiment away from the situation, and again, you can't put money on a life but I assume Cardiff will still be required to pay the £15 Million? Anyone seen any official comments about this?

I imagine a substantial amount of the money has already changed hands - and it's up to Nantes what they do with that money.

As for installments beyond the initial fee - I'd imagine in such circumstance that any guaranteed installments are written off. 

Still, lets hold out hope something incredibly unlikely has occurred and he's still with us.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I imagine a substantial amount of the money has already changed hands - and it's up to Nantes what they do with that money.

As for installments beyond the initial fee - I'd imagine in such circumstance that any guaranteed installments are written off. 

Still, lets hold out hope something incredibly unlikely has occurred and he's still with us.

Last para - yep.

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This is such a tragic event and I feel for their family so much.

Taking all emotion and sentiment away from the situation, and again, you can't put money on a life but I assume Cardiff will still be required to pay the £15 Million? Anyone seen any official comments about this?

REPORT: CARDIFF CITY LIABLE FOR FULL SALA TRANSFER FEE

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Cardiff City 'liable for full £15m Emiliano Sala fee'
By Neil Wilkes, Editor-in-chief

Cardiff City are reportedly liable for the full £15m transfer fee for striker Emiliano Sala, who is feared to have died in a plane crash.

The Bluebirds concluded a deal for the 28-year-old with Ligue 1 side Nantes last Saturday but as he made his way to the Welsh capital just two days later, his plane disappeared from radar and has yet to be found.

Yesterday the search operation was officially abandoned by rescue workers, all but ending any slim hopes that Sala could still be found alive.

According to The Times, there was initial speculation that the transfer had technically not gone through before Sala's disappearance but the Football Association of Wales has now confirmed that the player's registration with Cardiff had already become official.

The newspaper says that the club paid Nantes £5m when the paperwork was signed on Saturday, with a commitment of two further instalments of £5m to follow in the future.

Cardiff have yet to confirm whether they have an insurance policy to cover their liability for the player.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204400

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

REPORT: CARDIFF CITY LIABLE FOR FULL SALA TRANSFER FEE

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Cardiff City 'liable for full £15m Emiliano Sala fee'
By Neil Wilkes, Editor-in-chief

Cardiff City are reportedly liable for the full £15m transfer fee for striker Emiliano Sala, who is feared to have died in a plane crash.

The Bluebirds concluded a deal for the 28-year-old with Ligue 1 side Nantes last Saturday but as he made his way to the Welsh capital just two days later, his plane disappeared from radar and has yet to be found.

Yesterday the search operation was officially abandoned by rescue workers, all but ending any slim hopes that Sala could still be found alive.

According to The Times, there was initial speculation that the transfer had technically not gone through before Sala's disappearance but the Football Association of Wales has now confirmed that the player's registration with Cardiff had already become official.

The newspaper says that the club paid Nantes £5m when the paperwork was signed on Saturday, with a commitment of two further instalments of £5m to follow in the future.

Cardiff have yet to confirm whether they have an insurance policy to cover their liability for the player.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204400

Thank you.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Cant imagine they don't have insurance. All decent sized employers I've ever worked for have had this kind of insurance for key staff members. 

Aye, but insurance companies will no doubt have certain stipulations in place that mean they don't pay out a single penny. I've luckily never needed to contact any insurance about a payout but the small print in some make it impossible to get any money back.

If he had been at the club for a calendar year, sure, but I'd imagine that they would have had to register him and his worth and there would be a number of days/months before that becomes viable. 

It's a horrible situation for them on a number of accounts, certainly, but I hope they can all pull together and pull off the unlikely. I never thought I'd say that after last season, but it would be good to see this spur them on!