Emiliano Sala

AdamRam

Anniversary of the lads death, I’ve just been watching SSN showing what tributes are being done for the lad.......does anyone else still feel Cardiff’s actions after his death all wrong, I honestly think they have a nerve honouring him as 1 of there own, it really doesn’t sit right with me how they acted, and there chairman’s just been on saying they did nothing wrong.....the player signed a contract, he’d posted farewell pictures with his Nantes teammates....he was a Cardiff player they should have paid the money, I just find Cardiff’s actions very distasteful 

2 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Anniversary of the lads death, I’ve just been watching SSN showing what tributes are being done for the lad.......does anyone else still feel Cardiff’s actions after his death all wrong, I honestly think they have a nerve honouring him as 1 of there own, it really doesn’t sit right with me how they acted, and there chairman’s just been on saying they did nothing wrong.....the player signed a contract, he’d posted farewell pictures with his Nantes teammates....he was a Cardiff player they should have paid the money, I just find Cardiff’s actions very distasteful 

I do yes. I think their behaviour has been appalling. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Squid said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51870306

Emiliano Sala crash: Pilot Ibbotson 'not licensed for flight'

Just read the BBC article. Had a feeling this would be the upshot. It's an absolute disgrace. The lad was worried about the state of the plane before he even got onboard so I do wonder what the urgency was that meant he had to fly that night. If only he'd trusted his instincts and said, 'duck this, I'm not flying in that thing' and insisted they put him on a flight the next day with a proper operator. 

A final thought would be that Cardiff are an absolute dog of a club. Really feel for Emi's family and friends as this could clearly have been easily avoided. 

• 2 years later...
45 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I didn't realise Cardiff have still only paid one instalment of the transfer fee, but this sounds a bit dodge....

Cardiff City tried to take out £20m insurance on Emiliano Sala the day after he was killed in a plane crash, say papers filed to the High Court.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64333540

So Cardiff claim the player wasn't theirs, refuse to pay the transfer fee.

Same player they tried to insure for £20m the very next day after he died.

Now suing the insurance broker for not covering the player.

Whilst still refusing to pay Nantes as he wasn't their player yet.

At this point the EFL should just ban them from registering any players indefinitely until the Sala fee has been paid.

Exceptional circumstances don't include the transaction in FFP submissions.

31 minutes ago, David said:

At this point the EFL should just ban them from registering any players indefinitely until the Sala fee has been paid.

i thought Cardiff had paid 5 million quid to Nante in overdue payment to have an EFL charge removed..

32 minutes ago, David said:

I think, but may well be wrong, that they have only just paid the first instalment of the fee probably because they have been under a transfer embargo (not for very long though). The embargo has been lifted. Interesting to see what they do when the next instalment is due. The efl are remarkably silent on the matter