Sign in to follow this  
AdamRam

Emiliano Sala

33 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

They might want to hide all those t-shirts saying ‘always a bluebird’, and maybe delete all the footage of the thousands of fans wearing them. 

I wonder if we could claim that the deal we struck for Nick Blackman is null and void. 

Nick Blackman only "died" on the pitch!

If there is any truth then Cardiff aren't covering themselves in glory, but yet if their legal advisors have advised a way out I guess you can sort of understand them doing it, taking emotion out of it of course.

Not a pleasant situation though.

28 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If there is any truth then Cardiff aren't covering themselves in glory, but yet if their legal advisors have advised a way out I guess you can sort of understand them doing it, taking emotion out of it of course.

Not a pleasant situation though.

This kind of behaviour is why people think football is just money obsessed - I understand why they're doing it but makes them look like the worst kind of scumbags - Held vigils with shirts or his name and image printed on it and then deny he was ever even a Cardiff player... 

I find this behaviour a LOT more unpalatable than the whole Leeds spygate thing - I would love to see the FA/FIFA/Someone slap a big old fine and/or point reduction on them for doing this - If this isn't bringing the game into disrepute I don't know what is 

I read last week it's not unusual at all for the League to reject the first draft of a playing contract.

They will ask the club to remove or amend contract clauses which are against the rules, or request further information etc, but they always allow the player to represent the club in the meantime, knowing the club have to alter terms to suit. This normally takes a few weeks at most.

Cardiff may well have a valid legal case, but I can't imagine the league or fellow clubs will be happy if this defence is allowed to stand. 

You'd have to shut the transfer window 2 weeks earlier, to give the league time to ratify the contracts, and the player wouldn't be able to play or even train in the meantime. Clubs could change their minds, deliberately not offering up an acceptable contract to avoid signing the player. Clubs may look back on results against teams who've signed a player close to the deadline, and wonder if that player had a valid contract at the time, and if not should the result stand?

For the above reasons, I'd imagine the PL will be leaning heavily on Cardiff to change their stance.

I'd imagine a compromise will be found where both Nantes and Sala's family will receive some compensation, but the fact it's come to this is a stain on Cardiff City FC.

They've put money ahead of principle, and in doing so have cast aside years of hard work from the people on the ground level of the club to turn around their image.

Of course if "The Football Family"  actually gave a poo about one another as much as the outpourings of grief purport,  they'd quite easily have found a way to cover the transfer fee on behalf of Cardiff with a chunk left over for Salah's family.

16 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Of course if "The Football Family"  actually gave a poo about one another as much as the outpourings of grief purport,  they'd quite easily have found a way to cover the transfer fee on behalf of Cardiff with a chunk left over for Salah's family.

Rubbish. Richard Scudamore's golden handshake was a far worthier cause.

19 minutes ago, Coconut said:

There's snow way I'd be happy for DCFC to plough money into that particular whip-round!  Feckem!