Emiliano Sala

AdamRam

Sith Happens
35 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I dont think the governing body is responsible . Just they should do it as a gesture of goodwill. They get are mega rich anyway

Id rather see them donate to something like keep audrina dancing before getting involved in anything like you suggest.

You know what gets me is there will end up being more spunked on legal fees because Cardiff are trying to get out of paying than would pay for that little girls treatment.

So its a no from me, let cardiff sort their own problems out.

12 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

15 mill is a lot to cardiff tbh. Fifa should just step in and pay. 15 mill is peanuts to the premierleague/Fifa

You are just so so wrong. Cardiffs handling of this is disgraceful. I wish them nothing but ill will.

17 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

If sala was alive , cardiff would have stayed up tbh

Oh, absolutely. A 28 year old who'd never played at a higher level than Ligue 1 was almost certain to keep Cardiff up.

15 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

If sala was alive , cardiff would have stayed up tbh

He would have settled in a new country with new team mates immediately?

Sudden adjustment to the premier league?

1 player can keep a poor team up?

You also vaguely say 'If Sala was alive'. If he was somehow alive after the crash, i'm sure he would have had some injuries and psychological issues from being involved in the plane crash. He probably wouldn't have played this season at all.

tbh? you're not being honest at all are you?

4 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

He would have settled in a new country with new team mates immediately?

Sudden adjustment to the premier league?

1 player can keep a poor team up?

You also vaguely say 'If Sala was alive'. If he was somehow alive after the crash, i'm sure he would have had some injuries and psychological issues from being involved in the plane crash. He probably wouldn't have played this season at all.

tbh? you're not being honest at all are you?

He means he signed him on Football manager and he scored for fun...

Obviously, the family of Sala are the one's who have suffered most. Not simply about the money to them and it would certainly be the moral thing to do to see a sizeable compensation go their way. 

But football is a business, and in business morals rarely hold any water and I don't think that's even remotely likely, so putting that aside and looking purely at the financials of this situation you can certainly see why this has become what it has.

£15m is an awful lot of money for a team on the brink of relegation to have effectively thrown into the wind, so you can understand why they're trying to fight it. However, £15m is an equally large sum for Nantes to not receive, especially considering that Sala would not have been on a plane at all and would still be a Nantes player had that deal not been agreed.
I really don't see how Cardiff can avoid paying this unless Sala was travelling before anything was signed between the clubs. Regardless of how unqualified the pilot may have been.

I can see no reason why any agent should get their hands on any money from this deal, though.

53 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Obviously, the family of Sala are the one's who have suffered most. Not simply about the money to them and it would certainly be the moral thing to do to see a sizeable compensation go their way. 

But football is a business, and in business morals rarely hold any water and I don't think that's even remotely likely, so putting that aside and looking purely at the financials of this situation you can certainly see why this has become what it has.

£15m is an awful lot of money for a team on the brink of relegation to have effectively thrown into the wind, so you can understand why they're trying to fight it. However, £15m is an equally large sum for Nantes to not receive, especially considering that Sala would not have been on a plane at all and would still be a Nantes player had that deal not been agreed.
I really don't see how Cardiff can avoid paying this unless Sala was travelling before anything was signed between the clubs. Regardless of how unqualified the pilot may have been.

I can see no reason why any agent should get their hands on any money from this deal, though.

Agents fees will just end up being lawyers fees instead. Some suit will end up buying a new yacht out of this. Maybe it’ll sink, and we can do it all again. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I keep reading how the Sala family should get compensated and yet at no point has this been the issue that Cardiff are arguing about. Dependant on his contract, there is every likelihood that he will have a clause that thankfully mean that the family will get the majority of this, if not all paid up. Hopefully he will also have private insurance in place that will pay a tidy sum to the family.

As for the transfer fee, this is in the hands of the lawyers, because of the insurance companies arguing who is liable for paying the fee.

If you smash your car into somebody today, and the insurance company argues that it was the result of something else even if you didn’t agree, how many on here would step in and pay for the other persons car, or would you leave it in the hands of your insurance company to argue ?

13 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I keep reading how the Sala family should get compensated and yet at no point has this been the issue that Cardiff are arguing about. Dependant on his contract, there is every likelihood that he will have a clause that thankfully mean that the family will get the majority of this, if not all paid up. Hopefully he will also have private insurance in place that will pay a tidy sum to the family.

As for the transfer fee, this is in the hands of the lawyers, because of the insurance companies arguing who is liable for paying the fee.

If you smash your car into somebody today, and the insurance company argues that it was the result of something else even if you didn’t agree, how many on here would step in and pay for the other persons car, or would you leave it in the hands of your insurance company to argue ?

It shouldn't be a difficult thing to determine though. For all intents and purposes, a football player is a commodity and whichever club owned Sala at the time of the crash is the club who will be out of pocket after the rulings. From what I've read, I believe that to be Cardiff.

23 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Surely Cardiff can see how distasteful this whole episode is and how it reflects on their club.

Can I add to the above that Cardiff pay the 15 million transfer fee to Nantes,  the agent's fees get paid to the relatives of the deceased and also Cardiff get relegated this year to give them opportunity to reflect on what actually matters in this whole episode 

This is a club that hired Neil Warnock as their manager. I'm not sure they know what good taste is.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It shouldn't be a difficult thing to determine though. For all intents and purposes, a football player is a commodity and whichever club owned Sala at the time of the crash is the club who will be out of pocket after the rulings. From what I've read, I believe that to be Cardiff.

When 15 million quid is involved I expect the insurance companies are trying every loop hole possible to get out of playing.

I do agree though it looks clear cut, but then I’m no lawyer.

2 hours ago, David said:

You think Cardiff will stay up? Think they’ll go down myself.

No David,if you read my post I said that I think we will be entertaining Cardiff next season,meaning they will have dropped a league and will be playing in the Championship next year,alongside Derby

1 minute ago, Malagaram said:

No David,if you read my post I said that I think we will be entertaining Cardiff next season,meaning they will have dropped a league and will be playing in the Championship next year,alongside Derby

Right, but we won’t be in the Championship next year. Mason Mount is back to take the Rams up!

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, i-Ram said:

His father has tragically passed away now (heart attack late 50s). Terribly sad. It is good of Cardiff City to continue to uphold their period of ‘dignified’ silence.

Wonder if they’ll send a representative from the club to the funeral?

Surely?

19 hours ago, i-Ram said:

His father has tragically passed away now (heart attack late 50s). Terribly sad. It is good of Cardiff City to continue to uphold their period of ‘dignified’ silence.

You have got to feel tremendous sympathy for that family. They have gone through hell.