Sign in to follow this  
AdamRam

Emiliano Sala

Its a tragic situation and shameful that Cardiff should renege upon their agreement with Nantes. Looks like cardiff are waiting to take legal action against third parties and seek potential damages before they will pay up. Disgraceful if true, and the football authorities should intervene.

the people who have come out of this with the most credit are the family and David Mearns, who undertook the underwater search for free despite the availability of private funding. He also went out of his way to avoid causing any embarrassment to the the official partners in the search operation, and allowed their vessel to verify the find.

There won't be any quick resolution.

This model of plane was apparently prone to problems with airspeed indicators operating correctly when encountering problems with ice. The plane could have stalled when attempting to descend. It is supposed to be a difficult plane to fly when encountering those sort of problems. So many have crashed in America that they are called 'Doctor Killers' in an apparent reference to the many wealthy amateur owner pilots who have lost their lives. 

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Its a tragic situation and shameful that Cardiff should renege upon their agreement with Nantes. Looks like cardiff are waiting to take legal action against third parties and seek potential damages before they will pay up. Disgraceful if true, and the football authorities should intervene.

the people who have come out of this with the most credit are the family and David Mearns, who undertook the underwater search for free despite the availability of private funding. He also went out of his way to avoid causing any embarrassment to the the official partners in the search operation, and allowed their vessel to verify the find.

This model of plane was apparently prone to problems with airspeed indicators operating correctly when encountering problems with ice. The plane could have stalled when attempting to descend. It is supposed to be a difficult plane to fly when encountering those sort of problems. So many have crashed in America that they are called 'Doctor Killers' in an apparent reference to the many wealthy amateur owner pilots who have lost their lives. 

Your knowledge of all things aviation has been both surprising (I don't really know why it's surprised me to be fair) and it's added a really interesting insight. To this and the Leicester owners thread.👍

Do you fly or are you just really good with google?

I agree the bloke Mearns has been really classy.

Headlines of 2 clubs squabbling over money when 2 sets of friends and families have lost a loved one, with one body yet to be found doesn’t seem right at all.

It’s the news but I wish the media wouldn’t write about it, leave it for the clubs and lawyers to sort out in the background.

11 hours ago, Anon said:

I already hate the way our media are framing this. "Nantes Demand Sala Fee". Why is this even a headline or a story? Did people seriously believe that Nantes would just waive the fee out of respect? "Cardiff stall on Sala payment" would be far more accurate.

'Stall' probably not the best choice of word in this situation.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Murky waters, in more ways than one!  

1 hour ago, Srg said:

'Stall' probably not the best choice of word in this situation.

Respect to you both for appropriate use of humour in difficult circumstances.

Corporate legal advice to Cardiff fc would be not to pay a penny until all facts are considered - they have done the right thing. These are exceptional circumstances . 

Not saying they shouldn’t pay but they are right to wait until all circumstances are clear - it shows an interesting state of desperation from Nantes that they have decided to take this public approach . It makes one wonder why they have done this 

17 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Corporate legal advice to Cardiff fc would be not to pay a penny until all facts are considered - they have done the right thing. These are exceptional circumstances . 

Not saying they shouldn’t pay but they are right to wait until all circumstances are clear - it shows an interesting state of desperation from Nantes that they have decided to take this public approach . It makes one wonder why they have done this 

FWIW I don't agree.  He was Cardiff's player at the time of the incident, I suppose the only circumstance worthy of note would be if they sabotaged the plane!  Unlucky for Cardiff but I damn sight more unfortunate for the 2 on the plane.  Buy a house and it burns down before you get to move in pretty sure you will be looking to your insurance to pay up rather then the vendor

23 minutes ago, Spanish said:

FWIW I don't agree.  He was Cardiff's player at the time of the incident, I suppose the only circumstance worthy of note would be if they sabotaged the plane!  Unlucky for Cardiff but I damn sight more unfortunate for the 2 on the plane.  Buy a house and it burns down before you get to move in pretty sure you will be looking to your insurance to pay up rather then the vendor

Your house was burnt down in very strange circumstances 

you would be happy to pay out large sums of money before the circumstances were clear 

I’m thinking you are a bit isolated on this one Spanish 

21 hours ago, RamNut said:

That's what brought down the Air France 447 flight from Rio to Paris ,more common than you would like to think.

4 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Your house was burnt down in very strange circumstances 

you would be happy to pay out large sums of money before the circumstances were clear 

I’m thinking you are a bit isolated on this one Spanish 

you would have already paid and you would need to rely on your insurance

Neither club will benefit from his services anymore unfortunately and it has left both clubs in a difficult situation.

Maybe a compromise and half the fee? I don't know.