Emiliano Sala

AdamRam

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, David said:

Not really a punishment is it? 2 men lost their lives, would the right thing to do, look after the families who are the real losers in all this. 

If you sold a 20 k car on ebay. The buyer comes, picks the car up and crashes on the way home and dies, would you give the 20k to his family?

5 minutes ago, David said:

Not really a punishment is it? 2 men lost their lives, would the right thing to do, look after the families who are the real losers in all this. 

It’s a tradegy but I’m not sure why you think either the club or agents are responsible.

The question is which insurance company becomes liable for the £17m fee - Cardiff's, Nantes', or is it public liability insurance via the owners of the plane, this is what the legal dispute will be about at the moment.

In terms of the player they should have a policy in the case of accidental death although very few will be probably covered to their true value, it’s the same for you or me, same if their career ended through injury for example.

46 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If you sold a 20 k car on ebay. The buyer comes, picks the car up and crashes on the way home and dies, would you give the 20k to his family?

Football is a completely different world, 20k car would take up the bulk of an average persons yearly salary.

We’re talking about football clubs that generate millions. Last season £2.4bn was dished out between clubs, West Brom for example went down with £95m payment, this doesn’t include revenue the clubs also generated. The Sala fee is just £15m.

5F83BD5D-570C-4972-AB0F-71040A154D6C.png

Find it pretty distasteful watching both clubs heading to court possibly wrangling over the fee whilst 2 families mourn their lost ones, one of which was not found.

Just think both clubs could and should have settled this privately, look after the families, possibly use some of the fee to setup a charity in their names, anything but this.

1 hour ago, David said:

Football is a completely different world, 20k car would take up the bulk of an average persons yearly salary.

We’re talking about football clubs that generate millions. Last season £2.4bn was dished out between clubs, West Brom for example went down with £95m payment, this doesn’t include revenue the clubs also generated. The Sala fee is just £15m.

Find it pretty distasteful watching both clubs heading to court possibly wrangling over the fee whilst 2 families mourn their lost ones, one of which was not found.

Just think both clubs could and should have settled this privately, look after the families, possibly use some of the fee to setup a charity in their names, anything but this.

What if we end up selling Bogle for £17m this summer and he gets killed? Would you be happy if we wrote the money off?

Its not our fault but we’d be punished. One good player down & still in FFP struggles.

It’s all very well claiming the moral high ground but it shouldn’t be dependent on whether it can be easily afforded or not & in the real world, that’s what we all pay insurance for. 

Edited by Wolfie

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

What if we end up selling Boyle for £17m this summer and he gets killed? Would you be happy if we wrote the money off?

Its not our fault but we’d be punished. One good player down & still in FFP struggles.

It’s all very well claiming the moral high ground but it shouldn’t be dependent on whether it can be easily afforded or not & in the real world, that’s what we all pay insurance for. 

I would like to think this wouldn’t ever happen again to be honest, and that we would never sell Susan, not for that paltry fee.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

What if we end up selling Bogle for £17m this summer and he gets killed? Would you be happy if we wrote the money off?

Cardiff pay

Nantes get transfer fee

Agents fees goes to family, agents get feck all

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, David said:

So how much would you write off? What if it was a 2k car? Or does the value not matter because we dont get the millions clubs do? Derby's turnover is millions but if the same happened having sold Marriott for 10 million does Mel give the money away knowing we have lost an asset we need to replace, and/or need the money to avoid FFP sanctions.

EDIT: Sorry similar answer to Wolfies, delete if you want.

Edited by Sith Happens
Just read Wolfies post

Just now, Paul71 said:

So how much would you write off? What if it was a 2k car? Or does the value not matter because we dont get the millions clubs do? Derby's turnover is millions but if the same happened having sold Marriott for 10 million does Mel give the money away knowing we have lost an asset we need to replace, and/or need the money to avoid FFP sanctions.

?

37 minutes ago, David said:

I would like to think this wouldn’t ever happen again to be honest, and that we would never sell Susan, not for that paltry fee.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

15 mill is a lot to cardiff tbh, cant the premierleague step in and pay? or fifa?

No 

Surely Cardiff can see how distasteful this whole episode is and how it reflects on their club.

Can I add to the above that Cardiff pay the 15 million transfer fee to Nantes,  the agent's fees get paid to the relatives of the deceased and also Cardiff get relegated this year to give them opportunity to reflect on what actually matters in this whole episode 

Edited by Inglorius

29 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

15 mill is a lot to cardiff tbh. Fifa should just step in and pay. 15 mill is peanuts to the premierleague/Fifa

Why has it got anything to do with fifa or the premier league though?

you buy a car, and crash it in the way home before youve insured it. £30k isn’t a lot to the local council, they should pay for your car.

also, make your mind up, premier league or FIFA. The idea of a governing body paying on Cardiff’s behalf is nuts, but even if it wasn’t, which governing body is responsible? It’s jusf another court case waiting to happen. solicitors must be rubbing their hands with glee.

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

15 mill is a lot to cardiff tbh. Fifa should just step in and pay. 15 mill is peanuts to the premierleague/Fifa

Well what would have happened in a parallel universe if Sala had played for Cardiff turned out a flop then they had to absorb his huge wages for 3 years loan him out and then he left on a free at the end of his contract? Who would have paid for that?

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Why has it got anything to do with fifa or the premier league though?

you buy a car, and crash it in the way home before youve insured it. £30k isn’t a lot to the local council, they should pay for your car.

also, make your mind up, premier league or FIFA. The idea of a governing body paying on Cardiff’s behalf is nuts, but even if it wasn’t, which governing body is responsible? It’s jusf another court case waiting to happen. solicitors must be rubbing their hands with glee.

I dont think the governing body is responsible . Just they should do it as a gesture of goodwill. They get are mega rich anyway

2 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I dont think the governing body is responsible . Just they should do it as a gesture of goodwill. They get are mega rich anyway

Cardiff will have made a shed load of money this season.

pay up you ankers.

10 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Far more clubs deserving of a hand-out before Cardiff. If they get relegated it's predicted that next season they will receive in excess of £40m - if they survive then they'll get even more.

26 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Richard Branson has a shed load of money, he should pay up as a gesture of good will?

in fact, I’ve got a few bills that need paying too. Maybe Richard, or even fifa, could cover them for me. I’ve got even less money than Cardiff, and I’d only ask for a few thousand.