Armed Police Rescue Starving Gerbil in Derby

Day

GUN cops smashed their way into a prisoner’s home to free his gerbil.

They swooped after the RSPCA warned the pet could be starving to death.

It was found alive and taken to a vet, and will now be looked after by the animal charity.

But the Saturday night rescue in Derby was branded “absolutely crazy” by local MP Pauline Latham. She said: “Why did they need the armed response unit? What did they think the gerbil was going to do?

Full story https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8249629/gun-cops-save-prisoners-gerbil/ 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, David said:

GUN cops smashed their way into a prisoner’s home to free his gerbil.

They swooped after the RSPCA warned the pet could be starving to death.

It was found alive and taken to a vet, and will now be looked after by the animal charity.

But the Saturday night rescue in Derby was branded “absolutely crazy” by local MP Pauline Latham. She said: “Why did they need the armed response unit? What did they think the gerbil was going to do?

Full story https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8249629/gun-cops-save-prisoners-gerbil/ 

Did Pauline Latham ever watch The young ones?

She would have seen a very violent Gerbil.

Special Patrol Group!!! Hardest Gerbil on TV

I expect they tidied up a bit too.

maybe put one or two mugs in the sink to soak. That sort of thing.

makes a change from the police in Salisbury who sealed the Skripal's cat up inside the house and left it to starve.

6 hours ago, David said:

I hope this isn't too 'political' and is accepted as fact.

Because, Pauline, if you actually knew anything about the Police, you would know that the armed response veichles carry the tools that break down doors, not any of the patrol/traffic cars carry that type of kit.

17 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Because, Pauline, if you actually knew anything about the Police, you would know that the armed response veichles carry the tools that break down doors, not any of the patrol/traffic cars carry that type of kit.

This “I hope it’s not political” is getting a tad old like the Bielsa already knew lines.

Suspicion was that this gerbil was affiliated to a number of unaffiliated antisocial groups and may have played an integral part in the recent spy gate affair involving Leeds united although this has yet to be confirmed  by police. Dispite numerous attempts of questioning the gerbil has refused to cooperate with all enquiries and so far has only been identified as gerbil ,having refused to supply a name.The police are however confident that they have sufficient evidence and reason to keep the accused behind bars for a very long time.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

I suppose they could have tried knocking first. 

Archived