We are coming to Derby!

AmericanRam

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Nip down to the south coast pal where it's typically 0.2 degrees warmer than Derby  and we've made eating mushy peas a capital offence ?

Ignore him @AmericanRam, the south is where they let invaders and French  ones at that overrun the country, whereas in Derbyshire we send them packing!

59 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If you guys are coming to London town as part of the trip, I'll happily show you some of the sights. Whatever, have a great trip!

Would you mind if a few of us tag along.

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Nip down to the south coast pal where it's typically 0.2 degrees warmer than Derby  and we've made eating mushy peas a capital offence ?

@AmericanRam ignore @HantsRam and the south coast.

Just go anywhere in Northern Britain and you'll be welcomed by right proper people who will serve up proper fish n chips with a proper big lashing of mushy peas on top, and you'll get treated to some proper ales, lagers and beers in the drinking establishments and none of that warm pish that they attempt to serve in the south by some spiv or some div called Joey Essex.

So take as long as you like to come up North and chill out and whatever you do, we won't take offence.......or a gate.......

9 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Just go anywhere in Northern Britain and you'll be welcomed by right proper people who will serve up proper fish n chips with a proper big lashing of mushy peas on top, and you'll get treated to some proper ales, lagers and beers in the drinking establishments and none of that warm pish that they attempt to serve in the south by some spiv or some div called Joey Essex.

So take as long as you like to come up North and chill out and whatever you do, we won't take offence.......or a gate.......

Yeah but they have to learn a new language.. 

@AmericanRam the further north you go cannibalism is still an issue.. 

Stay South, bring a knife.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

The home of the smokey mountains and Asheville, a totally gorgeous part of the world,

i remember it very fondly 

You and me both.  Mind you, my visits were always work related and tended to be airport - hotel - office - hotel - airport (in that typical running order), but I did get around enough to see some of the scenery south of Raleigh.

14 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Or build a wall

9 hours ago, RedSox said:

You and me both.  Mind you, my visits were always work related and tended to be airport - hotel - office - hotel - airport (in that typical running order), but I did get around enough to see some of the scenery south of Raleigh.

Never forget The drive into Asheville on the interstate 

look to the left just a sea of green trees as far as the eye can see, look right exactly the same, gorgeous 

Cheers gents Toya and I are very much looking forward to it indeed. Intend on arriving in Derby the day before the game and leaving the evening after it and then check out London for a couple days before heading home.So @Carl Sagan might indeed take you up on your offer cheers.And @Angry Ram let's meet for a pint in London also?

Also again when it gets closer to the time any going to the game or just want to meet to get a pint just shoot me a message on here, would be great?

COYR.

On 21 January 2019 at 21:03, HantsRam said:

Once he's tried mushy peas he won't want to go home.

• 3 weeks later...

Have ordered Toya an 18/19 home shirt; she's very much looking forward to getting it in the mail. Also after going over some stuff, bought the plane tickets and we will be flying into London on the 9th, staying till the 11th, and then spending all day in Derby the day before and the day of, the game. After a great Rams wins of course, we will head to Amsterdam for a day and then fly back.

Cannot really put into words how excited we both are. This Yank wants to be meet as many forum members as possible for sure, so just send a pm and we can grab a pint.Might even bring over some American treats for ya'll to try.? ?

COYR.

2 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Have ordered Toya an 18/19 home shirt; she's very much looking forward to getting it in the mail. Also after going over some stuff, bought the plane tickets and we will be flying into London on the 9th, staying till the 11th, and then spending all day in Derby the day before and the day of, the game. After a great Rams wins of course, we will head to Amsterdam for a day and then fly back.

Cannot really put into words how excited we both are. This Yank wants to be meet as many forum members as possible for sure, so just send a pm and we can grab a pint.Might even bring over some American treats for ya'll to try.? ?

COYR.

What sort of treats are ya thinking?

3 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

COYR.

Chewing tobacco??

Archived