Tyrone Mings - joined Villa on loan

Sheikh n Bake

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Pearce was a great back up and a decent guy. We need to replace him . 

It would only make sense to let him go if his replacement was a first choice player, imo.

If so, I hope it's Tomori that drops out, no point in dropping Keogh from the side, with the resulting knock to his confidence, only to have to bring him back in next season once Tomori has returned to Chelsea.

I also believe at this moment in their respective careers, Keogh is better than Tomori.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Mr Cahill has been spotted.

Nothing in this one.

I've just bumped into him in B+M Bargains in Spondon.

He was upset that no-one told him B&Q shut long ago, but was looking for unseasonal discounted patio sets to take back home with him to Australia, where he wanted to flip them on for a profit in the middle of their summer.

It wasn't a totally wasted trip though, I saw him loading 128 rolls of Dunny paper and 2 dozen boxes of solar lights into his Ute on my way out.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

If we didn't let him go, we wouldn't be looking for cover now! 

Is there something I'm missing, do we have a new first choice CB incoming?

We needed players to go out before we can bring them in. We took a gamble letting Pearce go, I guess we will have to see if it has paid off tomorrow whether or not we get someone else in, and if they are of better quality. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

We needed players to go out before we can bring them in. We took a gamble letting Pearce go, I guess we will have to see if it has paid off tomorrow whether or not we get someone else in, and if they are of better quality. 

Got to be a starter if that's the case, would you agree?

I think you'd struggle to find a better bench warmer, for lots of reasons, than the Posh boss.

31 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It would only make sense to let him go if his replacement was a first choice player, imo.

If so, I hope it's Tomori that drops out, no point in dropping Keogh from the side, with the resulting knock to his confidence, only to have to bring him back in next season once Tomori has returned to Chelsea.

I also believe at this moment in their respective careers, Keogh is better than Tomori.

Play Tomori at right back. He has been brilliant for us.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Got to be a starter if that's the case, would you agree?

I think you'd struggle to find a better bench warmer, for lots of reasons, than the Posh boss.

For me a new centre back has to be as good as Keogh and Tomori, and earn their place in the starting line up. 

Reading Frank Lampard's interview, its looks like we will miss out in bringing in a centre half. Lets look at the situation from an incoming player. Straight away he will know that he will playing only if Keogh or Tomori get injured or suspended. So if we do get any one in before Thursday evening, i suspect they will be not as good as Tyrone Mings. Alex Pearce must have requested to go on loan to enhance his career or get noticed to move on for first team football. If we fail in the transfer window, I think Frank has got to look at using Wisdom in the centre half position. I just hope this situation does'nt bite us in the bum and we end up with 2 centre halfs getting injured during the business end of the season. I wonder if we could call back Alex Pearce from loan.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Reading Frank Lampard's interview, its looks like we will miss out in bringing in a centre half. Lets look at the situation from an incoming player. Straight away he will know that he will playing only if Keogh or Tomori get injured or suspended. So if we do get any one in before Thursday evening, i suspect they will be not as good as Tyrone Mings. Alex Pearce must have requested to go on loan to enhance his career or get noticed to move on for first team football. If we fail in the transfer window, I think Frank has got to look at using Wisdom in the centre half position. I just hope this situation does'nt bite us in the bum and we end up with 2 centre halfs getting injured during the business end of the season. I wonder if we could call back Alex Pearce from loan.

No is the short answer, loans run window to window, even if he came back we couldn't play him.

Maybe if we dont get a CB in now we could get a free agent in for a few months, may not be the best option but would be better than nobody. Liam Ridgewell is on a free, can play across the back 4 and is experienced enough to come in and do a decent job

19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Maybe if we dont get a CB in now we could get a free agent in for a few months, may not be the best option but would be better than nobody. Liam Ridgewell is on a free, can play across the back 4 and is experienced enough to come in and do a decent job

Liam Ridgewell was on a free last time I saw Tim Lovejoy hosting SoccerAM, thanks but no thanks.

Archived