Jump to content
admira

Ipswich v Derby tickets

Recommended Posts

So this article in my local rag states that adult tickets for the above game will be priced at £12 in ALL areas of the ground. 

I really hope this turns out to be the case since along with Leeds and Norwich, this is generally the most expensive away game of the season. (Even though with zero travel costs, it’s ironically my cheapest game of the season)! 

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-ticket-prices-reduced-for-derby-1-5857531

Should be on sale this week I’d imagine. Would a £12 ticket encourage more to travel on a Wednesday night? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, admira said:

So this article in my local rag states that adult tickets for the above game will be priced at £12 in ALL areas of the ground. 

I really hope this turns out to be the case since along with Leeds and Norwich, this is generally the most expensive away game of the season. (Even though with zero travel costs, it’s ironically my cheapest game of the season)! 

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-ticket-prices-reduced-for-derby-1-5857531

Should be on sale this week I’d imagine. Would a £12 ticket encourage more to travel on a Wednesday night? 

 

Do they still have the cash gates, normally just go to them and pay on the day, Ipswich only ever sell out when Norwich visit.

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen this too as I live in Stowmarket but have a feeling it's for home areas only (the cheeky bar stewards). 

They did cheap tickets last week vs Rotherham and got 20k where as they only normally get 13 or 14k. It actually created a better atmosphere from what I've been told and spurred them on to a much needed win! They're doing all they can to get them going.

I did click on to Ipswich ticket office to find out more and it looks like you need ticket purchasing history with ITFC which I don't but know a few friends or colleagues that do. 

12 quid is plenty......Marcus Evans is an a$$hole!

I guess we'll find out soon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Do they still have the cash gates, normally just go to them and pay on the day, Ipswich only ever sell out when Norwich visit.

I think they do. 

Share this post


Link to post

Don't think they'll do cheap away tickets as it makes no difference to them wether we bring 800 odd fans @ £25 Or 1600 odd @£12. 

Do I be tight and pretend to be a tractor boy for the day or pay over the odds to be in the away end?

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Franks Tanked said:

Don't think they'll do cheap away tickets as it makes no difference to them wether we bring 800 odd fans @ £25 Or 1600 odd @£12. 

Do I be tight and pretend to be a tractor boy for the day or pay over the odds to be in the away end?

I thought they can't charge away fans more than the most expensice ticket in  the home end?

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Franks Tanked said:

Don't think they'll do cheap away tickets as it makes no difference to them wether we bring 800 odd fans @ £25 Or 1600 odd @£12. 

Do I be tight and pretend to be a tractor boy for the day or pay over the odds to be in the away end?

Come up to the cash gate, if they do offer it, it will be top tier to the far left of the main stand (the one that’s near their main rabble behind the goal - can’t remember stand names).

It’s a decent view and the locals usually provide comedy gold at half time; very often agree with some old git moaning about how crap they are playing and Marcus Evans is a banker that won’t spend his cash 😂

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Norman said:

I thought they can't charge away fans more than the most expensice ticket in  the home end?

Here's hoping.🤞.

 Its £8 For seniors too so will try taking my old man as he was unwell for the Norwich away game the other week. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Come up to the cash gate, if they do offer it, it will be top tier to the far left of the main stand (the one that’s near their main rabble behind the goal - can’t remember stand names).

It’s a decent view and the locals usually provide comedy gold at half time; very often agree with some old git moaning about how crap they are playing and Marcus Evans is a banker that won’t spend his cash 😂

Are you a Suffolk based Ram or is that knowledge from experience? 

I used to watch Ipswich (living locally, not as a fan) Back in the late 90s and their stand with the main rabble used to be known as the North Stand but might be the Bobby Robson or something like that nowadays.

I've played local club football cup finals at Portman Road on two occasions (ten years ago). Won one, lost one. 

Share this post


Link to post

No. Several years back I had business that way, noticed they were playing Southampton (who beat them 5-2) by chance an hotelier told me as a neutral I could go up there. Ironically probably the best game I’ve seen there bar our recent 3-0 demolition but I was lucky to be a guest behind the goal for that one.

Think I’ve watched the Rams sat up there as a result 3 times since originally going (and a couple of other games as a neutral since), we seem to have played Ipswich midweek a few times; it’s handy for me, as I combine it with a stay over before going to the ports; or as my missus says, very coincidental around business interests.

Not been for around 2 years now though, so things change.

Edited by Zag zig

Share this post


Link to post

Didn't we do some sort of deal with Ipswich  where we pay the same to their  ground as they pay for ours or was that just last season cos they normally  charge a fortune  to get into  Portman road 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.