Jim Smith

Mafiabob

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Keep fighting jim

We all love you

I say we get old jim smith balmy amy chant going on saturday.

I remember Barmy Amy. Used to be down destiny and elite most Thursdays. All in for a tenner. Wonder what she’s up to these days. 

Love TBE. Remember sitting behind the dugout when he was giving Wanchope a boll@#king . Great team he built, couple of his quotes I’ll never forget.

“Like an octopus juggling soap”......Wanchope 

“I’d like to finish top of the bottom 6”.......first season in top flight.

Keep fighting Jim.

this is sad to hear

some great times had under TBE, the last 10 minutes of that Palace game felt like an hour! shame it all went pear shaped towards the end of his tenure here, ravanelli etc. though the good memories outweigh the bad most definately! that team of the mid - late 90’s has to be the most exciting rams team I’ve seen play

would like to think ‘arry would’ve been to visit him..as close as they are.

Hope you get better soon, a great football man, and a gentleman, you gave myself and many others some great memory's, playing football how it's meant to be played, thanks for bringing great players to our club like Poom, Both Powells, Stimac, Dailly, Earino, Biano, McGrath, Wanchope and many more, it was a great time to be a Ram. We will sing your name loud and proud for the rest of the season. 

Well....i've bought the autobiography.

read the chapter on mcgrath and wanchope.

unfortunately jim couldn't resist a bit of wheeling and dealing. Selling carsley, dailly, and wanchope wrecked that team and led to igor losing faith. Baiano didn't last long either. Nor chris powell. Set us off on a series of poor transfers and undid everything.

spencer prior, schnoor, carbonari, strupar, fuertes, beck, burley, kinkladze, lee fkn morris, borbokis, bragstad.....barely one decent signing amongst the whole lot.

still. It was good while it lasted. ?

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Well....i've bought the autobiography.

read the chapter on mcgrath and wanchope.

unfortunately jim couldn't resist a bit of wheeling and dealing. Selling carsley, dailly, and wanchope wrecked that team and led to igor losing faith. Baiano didn't last long either. Nor chris powell. Set us off on a series of poor transfers and undid everything.

spencer prior, schnoor, carbonari, strupar, fuertes, beck, burley, kinkladze, lee fkn morris, borbokis, bragstad.....barely one decent signing amongst the whole lot.

still. It was good while it lasted. ?

Nowt like focusing on the negatives.

Jim Smith's team is what made me a Derby fan at the age of 7 in a family of Forest fans.

Plus i'd argue that most of the signings you mentioned were at least 'decent'.

19 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Nowt like focusing on the negatives.

Jim Smith's team is what made me a Derby fan at the age of 7 in a family of Forest fans.

Plus i'd argue that most of the signings you mentioned were at least 'decent'.

Would you indeed. 

Jim should have sat on his hands. He had a very good team and spent more money trying to recreate what he destroyed. 

Been lucky enough in my lifetime to have witnessed the three best managers we could have ever wished for in no particular order Brian,Arthur and Jim here is offering all the best wishes to Jim and all the rest of his family in this sad time,will always be one of the best rams managers of all time.

ps am hoping to add Frank to that list of  real  true great managers

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Would you indeed. 

Jim should have sat on his hands. He had a very good team and spent more money trying to recreate what he destroyed. 

Jesus. The man may be on his death bed, can we not just focus on the many positive times he gave us?

Met him at the training ground once and also went to "An Evening with Jim Smith" - great character - always happy to chat - full of funny stories...and certainly gave us some exciting times!

I remember a couple of the questions he answered at the aforementioned evening :

Technically Best Derby player you ever worked with? - Asanovic

Favourite wine? - Any!

Archived