Johnson and Ledley

wombatram

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnson will have been told to duck off after the stoke game I suspect, what he did has no place in football, frank perhaps doesn’t want him repsresnting the club. Always thought Ledley was a decent player, but he wasn’t good early in the season and hes told old and expensive to have on the bench. Can understand both decisions, tho I think we will need at least one replacement.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Johnson will have been told to duck off after the stoke game I suspect, what he did has no place in football, frank clearly doesn’t want his repsresnting the club. Always thought Ledley was a decent player, but he wasn’t good early in the season and hes told old and expensive to have on the bench. Can understand both decisions, tho I think we will need at least one replacement.

With the money we save we will buy someone, but we certainly don't need a "replacement" for two players who don't even make the match day squad.

Just now, richinspain said:

With the money we save we will buy someone, but we certainly don't need a "replacement" for two players who don't even make the match day squad.

Johnson did for the majority of the season until his suspension. We lack cover in centre mid at the moment, so we need to replace him.

Shame for both of them.

Ledley was one of the first names on the team going into the season and had near enough nailed down the defensive midfield role going into the Reading game. I thought the criticism of him in the games against Reading and Leeds were unfair because he was playing injured in both games. I’d still have him around because he’s the only midfielder we have who can tackle and has good defensive awareness.

As for Johnson, I’d keep him around in the squad in some capacity for the rest of the season because he can be used in different roles. I’m not a fan of his though so I’d let him go at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Johnson will have been told to duck off after the stoke game I suspect, what he did has no place in football, frank perhaps doesn’t want him repsresnting the club. Always thought Ledley was a decent player, but he wasn’t good early in the season and hes told old and expensive to have on the bench. Can understand both decisions, tho I think we will need at least one replacement.

You do get excited don't you. Johnson was the one who was mugged. He chewed his shirt? Big deal.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You do get excited don't you. Johnson was the one who was mugged. He chewed his shirt? Big deal.

Still not a particulary normal reaction is it? Can’t say I’d ever have the reaction to turn around and go in for a bite, might be tempted to spin his jaw, but going for a late night snack on joe Allen isn’t High on my list of priorities. Regardless it’s not about what I think, I’d have probs fined him a weeks wages and got on with it, it’s about what frank thinks. Can’t be a coincidence he does that and is bombed out the squad for 17 year olds.

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Still not a particulary normal reaction is it? Can’t say I’d ever have the reaction to turn around and go in for a bite, might be tempted to spin his jaw, but going for a late night snack on joe Allen isn’t High on my list of priorities. Regardless it’s not about what I think, I’d have probs fined him a weeks wages and got on with it, it’s about what frank thinks. Can’t be a coincidence he does that and is bombed out the squad for 17 year olds.

Its seems that frank has ditched him but it was a non-event really. Certainly not the worst thing you'll see on a football field. If the cameras hadn't been there it would have been quickly forgotten.

Archived