Xbox live help anyone?

Parsnip

So my 7 year old has enlisted me to set him up on xbox live so he can play games with his mate. I've signed up to xbox live gold and it's all ok - we can find his friend, we can see what game his mate's playing - but when I go to their usernames, things like 'join party' and 'join game' are ghosted out.

His NAT is open, everything seems ok...

Why is it messing with me???

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

In the privacy and online settings there’s an adult and teen setting I think you need to set it to one of those to allow friends requests etc

Yeah I've messed about with those - I reckon it's his mates issue

17 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Another question! What's the deal with headsets? I've plugged a headset into the controller but nothing! Do I need to buy one of those adapters for it???

Do you want us to play the game for you as well? ?

What headset do you have? 

47 minutes ago, David said:

What headset do you have

Recon turtle beach plugged in like this...

20190121_094738.thumb.jpg.8f64cde9aa942a69204f5dd95a799df8.jpg

48 minutes ago, David said:

Do you want us to play the game for you as well? ?

Normally I'd inform you that I don't play computer games because I'm a 40 year old man - but I fired up GTA5 last night to see if I could play that online (a gift from the Mrs last Christmas - never used!) and ended up glued to it till 2am! Awesome game! I'm definitely getting into that - it's come on a bit since GTA2 when I last played!

12 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You're a genius. Simple but effective. Thanks @David!

Right, next up the join party and join game issue, are you just attempting to join both without an invite?

If so, that’s your problem right there. How many party’s have you been to without an invite?

Ask his friend to send him a party invite, it will show up in his notifications, join the party that way. Or send him an invite.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/xbox-live/how-to-start-a-party

Also most games have invite a friend option somewhere, each game is different but it’s usually in the lobby area.

47 minutes ago, David said:

Right, next up the join party and join game issue, are you just attempting to join both without an invite?

Right I'm ditching work at 3.30 and going home to get this nailed.

Possibly the weakest excuse I've ever given myself for ditching work early. At least I'm not getting drunk.

Archived