Derby vs Reading Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

On 19/01/2019 at 20:58, Vulcanboy said:

Where on earth did you get that from? 

Experience!  25 miles in competitve road bike terms is very short, probably the equivilant of the 400m on the track. Or a football match of 15mins each way if   you like. Only really a 10 mile TT would be shorter. Tour De France, Giro etc stages are nearly all in excess of 100 miles.(daily for 3 weeks)

Not sure why you have your knickers in a twist. I was only pointing out that apples need to be measured against apples. I think. 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/01/2019 at 20:40, IronRam 70.3 said:

25 mile on a bike is like a 400m jog by the way. 100 mile plus (4.5hrs) is the industry standard for a Tour stage.

My mate was a pro footballer me an enthusiastic endurance athlete. He’d batter me at interval sprints type stuff. Explosive power was incredible. 

He’d be crying for his mum after 7.5 miles of steady pace jogging. So horses for courses! 

Bryson is a very very impressive athlete. 

I can’t comment on other sports but I remember back at the turn of the millennium seeing stats showing Scholes, Keane and Vierra right at the top of the distance run during a match .. that effort matched Arsenal and United’s items league positions. They were all covering between 9 and 10 kms in a 90 minute game. Just about everyone else was 5% / 10% less. 

Interestingly in Leicester’s title wining season Kante was head and shoulders above everyone at nearly 11k.interesting isn’t it ? 

Archived