Derby vs Reading Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

When was the last time we beat these at home?

I have nightmares still of that 0-3 last game of the season. Will’s back pass ?‍♂️

Almost two years to the very day! 3-2.

What are ticket sales looking like for this one?

I would like to see a 442 and go with.

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh  Tomori   Malone

Holmes   Mount  Evans   Wilson

Marriott      Waghorn

Wisdom in for Bogle to try and stop the crosses coming in and it looked like Lawrence was not fit the other night so on the bench for him.

We need to do better defending as a team and I think this shape can help achieve that. Roos was outstanding against Southampton and would not be a surprise to see him in again.

Lee Buchanan u18s defender will be on the bench. Tyress Wilson & Max Bird in the squad.

Wisdom Johnson & Jozefzoon all didnt make the bench vs Southampton so surely our bench wont be that young? Unless Bennett & Bogle are on it as well then maybe you can say its young. If Johnson doesnt make the bench and youth players do i'd say his Derby career is done.

Cant see Bogle, Waghorn, Wilson, Huddlestone or Bryson starting

Carson

RB Wisdom (Bogle could probably do with a rest - Reading are quite physical)

CB Keogh

CB Tomori 

LB Malone

CDM Evans (Fresh pair of legs)

CM Wilson 

CM Mount

RW Jozefzoon (again, fresh legs)

ST Waghorn (probably won't last the 90 after wednesday, but deserves a start based on that performance)

LW Holmes 

Bench of Huddlestone, Elsnik, Marriott/Nugent, Bogle/Macdonald, Lawrence/Bennett, Bird

3 "/" depend on fitness of the former after Wednesday

Both full backs and Waghorn looked absolutely shattered on Wednesday. Wisdom to come in for Bogle, Holmes in for Waghorn. Malone has only just come back from injury so would be a risk to start, and highly unlikely to last the full game. Too soon for Cole to come in so we'll probably see Macdonald make his debut.

Roos/Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Malone; Bryson, Evans, Mount; Wilson, Marriott, Holmes

Macdonald, Bennett and Bird to come on for Malone, Wilson and Bryson

50 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we have a slow or bad start I just thought I would wish all the moaning arses we have a good afternoon & I look forward to seeing your posts.

They won't need a second invitation. Just read the comments once the starting eleven is announced tomorrow.

2 hours ago, David said:

I know he had three decent chances he didn't take, but I thought Tom Lawrence made a really big contribution when he came on against Southampton and am very disappointed to hear he's out. Changes my expected team. If Marriott's also carrying a knock I guess that might mean Nugent down the middle and Waghorn out wide.

Keogh, Tomori, Holmes, Huddlestone, Nugent, Wilson, Bennett played less than 90 mins. (centre backs should be fine for 120 mins !! )

Marriott & Bogle looked to be struggling & Lawrence is out

Waghorn, Bryson, & Malone will be shattered

Carson, Evans, Wisdom, Jozefzoon & Johnson didn't play

So 'worst' case scenario Carson, Holmes, Keogh, Tomori, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Mount, Johnson, Wilson, Nugent, Jozefzoon plus Evans, Bennett, Roos, & some other tired legs

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Have Leeds announced our likely team yet?

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Lampards done them a favour, he’s already announced half our bench 

For those who've not seen, three from the academy are on the bench tomorrow: Max Bird, Tyree Wilson and Lee Buchanan. We all know Max Bird by now. Tyree Wilson is very young but has been tearing it up and training well with the first team. He's normally further forward, but played left wingback in the FA Youth Cup this week to set up Louie Sibley's goal shown in this short clip:

Lee Buchanan is a left-sided centre half (I think). It was interesting Andre Wisdom wasn't on the bench on Wednesday. If he's been overtaken by one of the U18s it looks as if we might be trying to make him feel unwelcome and move him on. Frank definitely likes all his players to be mobile and comfortable on the ball.

I'm disappointed for Sibley he's not yet been given the chance to step up. But surely his time will come. Here's the story: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tyree-wilson-lee-buchanan-derby-2444591

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

For those who've not seen, three from the academy are on the bench tomorrow: Max Bird, Tyree Wilson and Lee Buchanan. We all know Max Bird by now. Tyree Wilson is very young but has been tearing it up and training well with the first team. He's normally further forward, but played left wingback in the FA Youth Cup this week to set up Louie Sibley's goal shown in this short clip:

Lee Buchanan is a left-sided centre half (I think). It was interesting Andre Wisdom wasn't on the bench on Wednesday. If he's been overtaken by one of the U18s it looks as if we might be trying to make him feel unwelcome and move him on. Frank definitely likes all his players to be mobile and comfortable on the ball.

I'm disappointed for Sibley he's not yet been given the chance to step up. But surely his time will come. Here's the story: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tyree-wilson-lee-buchanan-derby-2444591

Mmm....FL starting to have an eye to the future when needs must. Exciting in one respect...who will be the next Will Hughes  to emerge? 

I would only make 1 change to Wednesdays team. Bring in Holmes for Bryson and play him wide with Wilson moving centrally. I’m a firm believer in letting players keep their shirt, until they deserve to lose it. Bryson does NOT deserve to lose his shirt after a very good display against Southampton but had ran himself to a standstill. With his game based on running and being a little older, I doubt he would have recovered. The subs will be crucial today, they must be used to replace the players who flag in the later stages. I suspect Wilson may tire after his lay off, Marriott seems to be struggling to maintain 90 mins of late ( since that horrible tackle against Boro). I’m hoping the adrenaline and confidence gained from the Southampton match will outweigh the fatigue factor. Can’t wait for this one COYR 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

I would only make 1 change to Wednesdays team. Bring in Holmes for Bryson and play him wide with Wilson moving centrally. I’m a firm believer in letting players keep their shirt, until they deserve to lose it. Bryson does NOT deserve to lose his shirt after a very good display against Southampton but had ran himself to a standstill. With his game based on running and being a little older, I doubt he would have recovered. The subs will be crucial today, they must be used to replace the players who flag in the later stages. I suspect Wilson may tire after his lay off, Marriott seems to be struggling to maintain 90 mins of late ( since that horrible tackle against Boro). I’m hoping the adrenaline and confidence gained from the Southampton match will outweigh the fatigue factor. Can’t wait for this one COYR 

So do you think Hudders can manage 2 games in 3 days?

2 hours ago, Doodle said:

Bryson ran over 16 km during the game v Soton and of course had a perfectly good goal erased by incompetent VAR Personnel. 

Archived