Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chadlad

Waghorn

Recommended Posts

If we want the best out of Waghorn he has to play as a front 2 with Wilson playing just behind and a midfield 3 of Bryson (deep with Lawrence and Mount either side 

Something like

                                                 Carson

          Holmes                Keogh                  Tomori                            Malone

                     Lawrence                  Bryson                     Mount

                                             Wilson 

                          Marriott                        Waghorn

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

If we want the best out of Waghorn he has to play as a front 2 with Wilson playing just behind and a midfield 3 of Bryson (deep with Lawrence and Mount either side 

Something like

                                                 Carson

          Holmes                Keogh                  Tomori                            Malone

                     Lawrence                  Bryson                     Mount

                                             Wilson 

                          Marriott                        Waghorn

We'll never get the best out of Waghorn then 😞

Share this post


Link to post

I still think he needs to be in our starting XI either through the middle or on the wing. He gives us aggression and holds the ball up, one thing that is lacking throughout our side once we get it forward. It would also help Marriott out as you can see recently he is getting more and more frustrated feeding off scraps. 

He also needs a run of games in the side. I do think we could play with a 2 up front in a 4-3-1-2 style or even the diamond 4-1-2-1-2 if we are hell bent on the holding midfielder. We don't really play with that much conventional width anyway so why not give this a go? It also gets Wilson where he is most dangerous which is in between the lines: I'd opt for something like: 

               Carson 

Bogle  Keogh Tomori Cole (😱)

Holmes Hudds Mount 

           Wilson 

Marriott     Waghorn 

 

or 

 

Bogle  Keogh Tomori Cole (😱)

        Hudds

Holmes        Mount 

           Wilson 

Marriott     Waghorn 

 

Just spit-balling ideas here. Will be 4-3-3 on Saturday with Waghorn back on the bench I imagine... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

It’s a travesty he’s not played more since coming back from Injury. Our best performances were when he was in the team.

i hope he makes the eleven on Saturday. We need someone with physical presence up front

He’s a clever player to and his link up play was excellent the other night,Marriott looked liked he was carrying a knock so he might start up top tomorrow if not wide right as he gets in our best team all day long.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

I still think he needs to be in our starting XI either through the middle or on the wing. He gives us aggression and holds the ball up, one thing that is lacking throughout our side once we get it forward. It would also help Marriott out as you can see recently he is getting more and more frustrated feeding off scraps. 

He also needs a run of games in the side. I do think we could play with a 2 up front in a 4-3-1-2 style or even the diamond 4-1-2-1-2 if we are hell bent on the holding midfielder. We don't really play with that much conventional width anyway so why not give this a go? It also gets Wilson where he is most dangerous which is in between the lines: I'd opt for something like: 

               Carson 

Bogle  Keogh Tomori Cole (😱)

Holmes Hudds Mount 

           Wilson 

Marriott     Waghorn 

 

or 

 

Bogle  Keogh Tomori Cole (😱)

        Hudds

Holmes        Mount 

           Wilson 

Marriott     Waghorn 

 

Just spit-balling ideas here. Will be 4-3-3 on Saturday with Waghorn back on the bench I imagine... 

 

Isn't that a sexual term? 🤓

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Foghorn Waghorn is a big, overweight rooster with a strange accent. He has a bombastic and somewhat unrefined personality, added to which he shows a penchant for mischief. An obscure reference, the name "Waghorn" refers to a type of persistent rubbery stiffy. 

Waghorn fancies himself as something of a mentor figure to the smaller and younger characters, particularly Harry Wilson and Mason Mount, tossing off bits of self-styled sagacity interjected with phrases like "Pay attention, son", or "Look at me when I'm talkin' to ya, boy".

Info from Bielsa's powerpoint presentation.

Edited by RamNut

Share this post


Link to post

Waghorn got MoM today playing wide. I thought that when Marriott went off Waghorn would play through the middle with Mason going wide but MB seemed to go central. Soon after Nugent came on to play through the middle with MB out left and MW out right.

Looks like Frank doesn’t see Waghorn as his centre forward.

Share this post


Link to post
On 18 January 2019 at 16:29, EnigmaRam said:

It’s a travesty he’s not played more since coming back from Injury. Our best performances were when he was in the team.

i hope he makes the eleven on Saturday. We need someone with physical presence up front

I would much prefer it, if he made the starting 11, on Friday night away to Preston as that is when we play next lol, but yes agree that Waghorn needs to be starting games from now on, and I am sure that he will be, Frank knows his onions.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.