Sign in to follow this  
chadlad

Waghorn

3 hours ago, chadlad said:

I am surprised that more hasn’t been said about Waghorn’s performance last night. I thought he was excellent and we looked much better when he played through the middle, he’s solid, good in the air, and can hold the ball up.

In a 433 he looks a better option than Marriott who seems to prefer running in behind, perhaps Frank will now give him a bit more game time...

Thoughts anyone?

Love him. Reminds me facially of a fatter Vyd’s and play wise of Martin. He makes us tick. I hope Frank can see this. The only reason I can imagine frank doesn’t like him is because maybe he’s a bit lazy in training? Ask Bielsa it will be on his spreadsheet/PowerPoint 😆

Edited by Remy the hare

3 hours ago, chadlad said:

I am surprised that more hasn’t been said about Waghorn’s performance last night. I thought he was excellent and we looked much better when he played through the middle, he’s solid, good in the air, and can hold the ball up.

In a 433 he looks a better option than Marriott who seems to prefer running in behind, perhaps Frank will now give him a bit more game time...

Thoughts anyone?

Yes that's why he was signed and I don't understand why he spends most of his time warming the bench. Good player, want to see more of him. 

I agree he's better through the middle. Being a Suffolk based Ram I got to see a few of his games for Ipswich last year and he played in a Role between the midfield and striker (between the lines as they all it nowadays). Joe Garner was the battler/runner up top similar to Jack Marriott for us. 

The only problem is that is the area that Mount currently plays his best stuff so hard to get them both in the same side in their best positions. 

Thinking ahead to next year if we were without Mount and Wilson and still in the Championship ☹.

Carson/Roos

Bogle      Keogh   Tomori?   Malone 

Evans   Huddlestone?

Holmes        Waghorn      Lawrence 

Marriott 

Edited by Franks Tanked

22 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think I'm falling in love with Martyn Waghorn. It's been a lust thing thus far where I adore him from a distance but I think it's now escalated . 

4 hours ago, chadlad said:

Thoughts anyone?

Errrrr..... I basically declared my undying love for him . 

I like him. Unlike most of our first XI, he looks like a tough little sod. Loved the way he insisted on taking that first penalty despite being prone with cramp not 10 mins earlier.

Saw plenty of instances of him providing cover for Bogle last night but would prefer him more central. Maybe a deeper striker role could suit him - his touch is good & his awareness seems sound (he was part of the slick move that set up Mount in the first half). Also think him being there could bring the best out of Marriott, who has looked a little isolated in recent matches.

i really like Waghorn, he has attitude.  Didn't like him much in previous seasons playing against him, but appreciated his quality.  Am delighted he is a Ram now and hope we use him to his fullest extent.  Loved his interview and understood every word and i am Icelandic. 

Still thinking about that amazing cross he pulled off from the left for Lawrence, it was sweet and that header goal, a beauty.  He´s got a lot more like that in him i am betting.

4 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Love him. Reminds me facially of a fatter Vyd’s and play wise of Martin. He makes us tick. I hope Frank can see this. The only reason I can imagine frank doesn’t like him is because maybe he’s a bit lazy in training? Ask Bielsa it will be on his spreadsheet/PowerPoint 😆

That’s what I suspect too. He did get game time early season up front but was very quiet. I think it took him a while to settle...sometimes it’s hard to “fit in” straight away...but that game v Soton will have helped him enormously.

10 hours ago, Franks Tanked said:

I agree he's better through the middle. Being a Suffolk based Ram I got to see a few of his games for Ipswich last year and he played in a Role between the midfield and striker (between the lines as they all it nowadays). Joe Garner was the battler/runner up top similar to Jack Marriott for us. 

The only problem is that is the area that Mount currently plays his best stuff so hard to get them both in the same side in their best positions. 

Thinking ahead to next year if we were without Mount and Wilson and still in the Championship ☹.

Carson/Roos

Bogle      Keogh   Tomori?   Malone 

Evans   Huddlestone?

Holmes        Waghorn      Lawrence 

Marriott 

Two goal keepers, that should help sort out our clean sheet problem.

However I am not sure the FA will go for it