Waghorn

chadlad

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18 January 2019 at 16:29, EnigmaRam said:

It’s a travesty he’s not played more since coming back from Injury. Our best performances were when he was in the team.

i hope he makes the eleven on Saturday. We need someone with physical presence up front

I would much prefer it, if he made the starting 11, on Friday night away to Preston as that is when we play next lol, but yes agree that Waghorn needs to be starting games from now on, and I am sure that he will be, Frank knows his onions.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why didn't he get to play through the middle, Bennett preferred. Can't be right?

I reckon he would have played through the middle in the latter stages if he hadn't come off and been replaced by Bennett. I would prefer to see him starting up front - I think he'd be more of a nuisance to opposition defences than Nugent.

On 01/02/2019 at 22:52, 1967Ram said:

I reckon he would have played through the middle in the latter stages if he hadn't come off and been replaced by Bennett. I would prefer to see him starting up front - I think he'd be more of a nuisance to opposition defences than Nugent.

Yes I really do think Waghorn has more to offer. Needs to be utilized properly and regularly. 

On 01/02/2019 at 21:48, TexasRam said:

Waghorn has to be tried down the middle. Nuge is spent and Bennett is rubbish 

Played in the No9 role today and guess what - scores 2 goals and puts in a MoM performance.

I thought he was immense today, held the ball up, brought others into the play, chased defenders down and put the ball in the back of the net twice.

All in all one of the best all round centre forward displays I have seen in a Derby shirt for a while. Clearly he prefers the CF position judging by his post match interview.

I really think he could be the difference....

49 minutes ago, chadlad said:

Played in the No9 role today and guess what - scores 2 goals and puts in a MoM performance.

I thought he was immense today, held the ball up, brought others into the play, chased defenders down and put the ball in the back of the net twice.

All in all one of the best all round centre forward displays I have seen in a Derby shirt for a while. Clearly he prefers the CF position judging by his post match interview.

I really think he could be the difference....

Spot on. I just hope Franklin can see this. 

2 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Waghorn must play as a no 9 with Marriott playing off him could cause chaos for the remaining games

I agree Waghorn needs to be our number 9 right now, but I wouldn't sacrifice the formation to force Marriott in. Marriott is an exceptional finisher, but Waghorns general play seems to bring more into the team, we'd be better to rotate and sub on Marriott, especially until he's at 100%.

Playing Waghorn up top with Wilson and Marriott either side of him could be the way to go.... our fullbacks tend to give us the width anyway so could be the answer for the rest of the season hopefully, one things for sure you don't drop a striker in form.

Archived