Sign in to follow this  
chadlad

Waghorn

I am surprised that more hasn’t been said about Waghorn’s performance last night. I thought he was excellent and we looked much better when he played through the middle, he’s solid, good in the air, and can hold the ball up.

In a 433 he looks a better option than Marriott who seems to prefer running in behind, perhaps Frank will now give him a bit more game time...

Thoughts anyone?

7 minutes ago, chadlad said:

I am surprised that more hasn’t been said about Waghorn’s performance last night. I thought he was excellent and we looked much better when he played through the middle, he’s solid, good in the air, and can hold the ball up.

In a 433 he looks a better option than Marriott who seems to prefer running in behind, perhaps Frank will now give him a bit more game time...

Thoughts anyone?

I think he'll start on Sat, especially as Marriott seems to have a knock

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Lovely man but I can't understand a word he says.

Could be why we’re signing Ashley Cole, bring him in as a translator.

Reason he hasn’t played much is Frank doesn’t understand a word he says either.

Ashley’s time with Cheryl means he will understand the Geordie lingo. 

I fully expect Waghorn to feature more if Cole does arrive.

Playing 433 we need someone to hold the ball up else it just keeps coming back. He seems to be capable of doing just that and his 16 goals last season show that he knows how to score goals.

I think he could be a big plus for the 2nd half of the season if he stays fit.

I thought he was excellent last night; a powerful lad with a low centre of gravity and still wonder why he hasn’t featured so much. Hope we get to see more of him too. 

2 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

I thought he 'grew' into the game and looked much better right up front.

I think he looked decent up front but was little help to Bogle or Bryson out wide.

Needs to play down the middle for sure. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Could be why we’re signing Ashley Cole, bring him in as a translator.

Reason he hasn’t played much is Frank doesn’t understand a word he says either.

Ashley’s time with Cheryl means he will understand the Geordie lingo. 

I fully expect Waghorn to feature more if Cole does arrive.

Is Cheryl a mackem?

It's always confused me why he doesn't get in the team. He was our most expensive signing, was given the number 9 shirt, he's just had a couple of prolific seasons... I thought he was going to be our star player! 

Hopefully he can become that now because he looks good! And not another player who comes to Derby to kill his career.

3 hours ago, chadlad said:

Thoughts anyone?

Love him. Reminds me facially of a fatter Vyd’s and play wise of Martin. He makes us tick. I hope Frank can see this. The only reason I can imagine frank doesn’t like him is because maybe he’s a bit lazy in training? Ask Bielsa it will be on his spreadsheet/PowerPoint 😆

Edited by Remy the hare

3 hours ago, chadlad said:

Thoughts anyone?

Yes that's why he was signed and I don't understand why he spends most of his time warming the bench. Good player, want to see more of him. 

I agree he's better through the middle. Being a Suffolk based Ram I got to see a few of his games for Ipswich last year and he played in a Role between the midfield and striker (between the lines as they all it nowadays). Joe Garner was the battler/runner up top similar to Jack Marriott for us. 

The only problem is that is the area that Mount currently plays his best stuff so hard to get them both in the same side in their best positions. 

Thinking ahead to next year if we were without Mount and Wilson and still in the Championship ☹.

Carson/Roos

Bogle      Keogh   Tomori?   Malone 

Evans   Huddlestone?

Holmes        Waghorn      Lawrence 

Marriott 

Edited by Franks Tanked

22 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think I'm falling in love with Martyn Waghorn. It's been a lust thing thus far where I adore him from a distance but I think it's now escalated . 

4 hours ago, chadlad said:

Thoughts anyone?

Errrrr..... I basically declared my undying love for him .