Kelle Roos

Sean

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, angieram said:

Is Roos going to be that rare phenomenon of a Derby player who actually gets better when he is playing? (As opposed to the majority who suddenly turn into world beaters when they are not?)

Don't be absurd, needs to be dropped so we can sell him for £10m in the summer

25 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Theoretically VAR could be extended to penalties. Leaving aside the fact the referee has a pair of eyes, how often is the keeper stepping forward overlooked, or encroachment ignored? 

Funnily enough the Redmond miss, Kelle didn’t move forward much, but previous to that it was really blatant!

I just about recall the ref having a word to him as he was walking towards the goal for one of the penalties. Could have been before Redmond’s

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Should start Saturday imo. Excellent today, great save and is much better on the ball than Carson. But shaky In command and I think we’ll probably need a new goalie if I’m honest, but he deserves a shot given Carson’s recent mistakes.

Absolutely agree start him on Saturday. He deserves a chance especially after  the last few performances from Carson. What's there to lose. If he does well again keep him there. If nothing else it'll be a wake up call for Frank, (Carson that is).

17 hours ago, Sean said:

Deserves some credit for his two Southampton games. Was very good tonight, will be interesting to see if he can wrestle the #1 spot from Carson!

Both shots hit him.

Let's just calm down because Carson would have had those easily.

Not sure if he has 'it', but the knee-jerk reactions here are plain silly imho.

I’d always back Scott to pull a worldy. He is a great keeper we are lucky to have him. But I was impressed last night with Kelle he was flipping brave with that late save. .. He’s done us all a world of good, including himself. Take a bow. Capable young keeper, needs games to build rapport with Keogh and Tomori and for his own self belief. .. i’d Be tempted to give him a game on Saturday, he deserves a start.  

The loyalty of some fans on here is truly astonishing, Carson has been amazing for us for 2 seasons. Questionable form? What questionable form? Me made a mistake in the Leeds game. So did pretty much every player on the pitch - they were all poor. He saved us against Bristol City, he saved us against Norwich, he saved us against Middlesbrough, he made a great save in the game against Sheffield United. There are many, many amendments we can make to this squad and our system, but our goalkeeper is certainly not one of them.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Both shots hit him.

Let's just calm down because Carson would have had those easily.

Not sure if he has 'it', but the knee-jerk reactions here are plain silly imho.

That’s harsh, the second hit him because he did a brilliant job in being in the right position to block the shot!

1 hour ago, jono said:

I’d always back Scott to pull a worldy. He is a great keeper we are lucky to have him. But I was impressed last night with Kelle he was flipping brave with that late save. .. He’s done us all a world of good, including himself. Take a bow. Capable young keeper, needs games to build rapport with Keogh and Tomori and for his own self belief. .. i’d Be tempted to give him a game on Saturday, he deserves a start.  

Scott would pull a worldy and then kick the ball straight to the attacked who would shoot directly at him on the ground and the ball would go under Scott when he tries to use his hand to stop it instead of his feet. He would then get the ball out of the net and punch it back to the half way line.

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Scott would pull a worldy and then kick the ball straight to the attacked who would shoot directly at him on the ground and the ball would go under Scott when he tries to use his hand to stop it instead of his feet. He would then get the ball out of the net and punch it back to the half way line.

Now come along, play nice .. wher’s The blow a raspberry emoji ?

2 hours ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

The loyalty of some fans on here is truly astonishing, Carson has been amazing for us for 2 seasons. Questionable form? What questionable form? Me made a mistake in the Leeds game. So did pretty much every player on the pitch - they were all poor. He saved us against Bristol City, he saved us against Norwich, he saved us against Middlesbrough, he made a great save in the game against Sheffield United. There are many, many amendments we can make to this squad and our system, but our goalkeeper is certainly not one of them.

Carson has looked a little shaky this season and often refuses to come for routine crosses but he should still start Saturday as he is the best keeper at the club.

20 hours ago, Sean said:

Deserves some credit for his two Southampton games. Was very good tonight, will be interesting to see if he can wrestle the #1 spot from Carson!

Distribution a bit poor on occasions, but he needs to be given a run of games at some point. 

6 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Carson has looked a little shaky this season and often refuses to come for routine crosses but he should still start Saturday as he is the best keeper at the club.

Carson is no longer an automatic choice. In my opinion. It has yet to be established if Roos is the answer. But it’s entirely the correct time to be asking the question. 

33 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Shaky this season? I think some fans need to wake up and see that they ain't gonna find much better in the Championship. Darren Randolph has made some atrocious errors this season and is regarded as the best keeper in the league! The Preston goalie let the ball run under his own foot into his net! It's ridiculous, that's what it is. No-one's suggesting dropping Mason Mount when he certainly hasn't been very good recently. But let's not question a guy who's been here 6 months, let's question the guy who's time and time again got us out of sticky situations. I'm not suggesting dropping Mount by the way, just making a point.

Archived