Kelle Roos

Sean

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he started nervy and his distribution in the first 20 minutes was awful, that said, after that he was excellent.

hes got a presence about him that Carson doesn’t, one thing that stood out tonight is that Bogle at one stage let Redmond get round him and unleash a shot that Roos saved, he went ballistic at Bogle and on numerous occasions I saw him trying to organise the back line, seems a lot more vocal than Carson. 

He gets a run in the team for me 

a bit confused about the penalties last night, if by sheer chance he'd stopped one it was obvious that he had moved off his line early.  might as well of not been there.  I thought he would have been schooled in to avoid that sort of mistake?

Its a long time since we've had two good keepers. Hopefully we get him signed up.

no point playing him over Carson unless he has signed a new contract. 

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Its a long time since we've had two good keepers. Hopefully we get him signed up.

no point playing him over Carson unless he has signed a new contract. 

That was Jim Smiths negotiation with the young Dean Sturridge... Sign the contract Dean and your playing on Saturday. 

And the rest is history. 

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

a bit confused about the penalties last night, if by sheer chance he'd stopped one it was obvious that he had moved off his line early.  might as well of not been there.  I thought he would have been schooled in to avoid that sort of mistake?

Even with VAR involved, I don't think I've ever seen a penalty called back for moving too early in the last decade. I also don't think I've ever seen a GK not take a half-step off his line (pre-kick) before diving. Really think you'd have to take a full couple of steps for owt to be done about it.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Even with VAR involved, I don't think I've ever seen a penalty called back for moving too early in the last decade. I also don't think I've ever seen a GK not take a half-step off his line (pre-kick) before diving. Really think you'd have to take a full couple of steps for owt to be done about it.

I've noticed a lot of goalies standing behind the goal line these days to get a jump out.  We are Derby and it would have been disallowed

Theoretically VAR could be extended to penalties. Leaving aside the fact the referee has a pair of eyes, how often is the keeper stepping forward overlooked, or encroachment ignored? 

Funnily enough the Redmond miss, Kelle didn’t move forward much, but previous to that it was really blatant!

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

When the rule first came in I remember Lee Grant (during his first spell for us) being penalised for jumping forwards, even though he deliberately started a yard behind his goal line so he was on the line when the save was made.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

When the rule first came in I remember Lee Grant (during his first spell for us) being penalised for jumping forwards, even though he deliberately started a yard behind his goal line so he was on the line when the save was made.

Fair enough, I don't recall that. But still, I'm pretty sure that's outside my stipulated decade so I'm ok ? 

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Taking the step to dive is ok, it's the jump forward then dive that seems to mean a retake.

Archived