Signing Tomori permanently needs to be a priority this summer

RamLad1884

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Don't normally like this sort of thing but I absolutely love it when something goes against us and he has a right paddy.

Shows the passion and commitment to the cause, plus after he’s had his paddy he switches back on and gets on with the game.

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Don't normally like this sort of thing but I absolutely love it when something goes against us and he has a right paddy.

In all fairness he picks himself up and keeps going afterwards, Sheffield Wednesday away was the only game I really thought he had lost his head this year. 

Like a championship van dijk now, has that aura about him with the fans chanting his name as he calmly steps around players like they aren’t there and appears out of nowhere with perfectly timed tackles. Hopefully we can keep him beyond the end of the season, he’s an amazing modern centre back, the way he starts attacks as well is brilliant.

He will probably cost at least 15-20 million at least with chelski’s transfer ban. Their centre backs next season will probably be Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori. It’s typical, whenever they really start to grow, it’s time for them to go back. Wish him all the best for his career, I will certainly hold him in high regards and will be considered one of the better loan signings we have ever had.

Cant see us signing him unless we got promoted and even then it would more than likely be on loan.

What I am looking forward to is seeing him in the England first team in a few years, absolute beast of a centre back and has it all...reminds me of a young Rio Ferdinand only with more pace!

On 16/01/2019 at 22:52, Alpha said:

Some people don't like him. I fell in love a long time ago.

He does give away goals. I don't know if he just loses his head slightly and so loses his man. I don't know if he's just struggling with the timing of strikers movement as he's getting a proper crash course vs first team, high level football. But he does let players get wrong side of him 

However he defends so many lost situations. Where we'd concede a cross, a shot, a throw, a corner Tomori is there to win possession. Where a defender may clear his lines it's Tomori who manages to retrieve the ball. 

Yeah, his pace gets him out the pooh but that shouldn't be seen as a negative. It's his legs doing the running! They're one of his weapons.

Very rare does his passing cause us any problems. He is always happy to take the ball/pressure off a teammate. 

Very often teams get behind our full backs, especially LB, and Tomori is there. For every goal he gives away he goes the extra mile on a couple of other situations.

But I can't see any chance of signing him. He's a young lad getting a crash course. He's in the school of hard knocks and is going to be playing 50 games for a top 30 team. He's in a great place for Chelsea. He couldn't be in a better place to learn. I'm sure they are loving what their loaned players are doing here. Their technical ability is still shining but it's their mental and physical attributes getting a true test. 

Mount and Tomori will look back on videos of their season and be able to apply their ability even better next season. Hopefully with us but possibly at the next step up. I can't see Chelsea selling either of these young lads anytime soon

Precisely. Tomori is a joy to watch. Yes his reading of the game isn’t quite there yet, but on the ground he is imperious and that shimmy on the half-way line yesterday to beat a player had a collective “ooooh” echoing around the ground. “You’ll never beat Tomori” is a regular chant these days. Earlier in the season he looked like a circle in a square hole ?...now he just looks class and he has a brilliant passion. He visibly pumps his chest out when he hears the crowd chant his name...for me perhaps just a year away from a full England call-up. 

The likelihood of us signing him permanently has decreased as the season has gone on. The only real chance we’d have is if we went up, and then I’d really hope we went for him.

Not only would he be a fantastic signing but he’d also be a fantastic investment. He’s going to be a top-class player in 5/6 years if he’s given enough game time.

He is frighteningly good, with his pace he basically doesn’t need to defend properly but when he improves his positioning, which will come with experience and is already happening, he is going to be unbelievably good. Only thing he struggles on is set pieces but we are a small team and therefore naturally quite susceptible.

Will be such a waste if he sits on Chelsea’s bench next season. I’m not sure I can even see him getting a loan at a Premier League club, it’s not exactly a position you can risk a player like him in that league, despite him definitely being good enough. 

5 hours ago, Yojimbo said:

I haven't watched the forum,  I was going off of discussions on this website; according to this post from @loweman2 he did.

Can't remember exactly what he said.

Think it was something along the lines of it being difficult to get them on loan again but it could depend on what division we were playing in and they would revisit the situation in the summer.

Certainly wasn't a straight out no.

No chance, however Chelsea did let Nathan Ake leave who was just as good. We woud need to be in the premier league to maybe see  Tomori again next season. He will have lots of admirers, he may well get a chance at Chelsea but that's questionable. 

Archived