Signing Tomori permanently needs to be a priority this summer

RamLad1884

18 hours ago, Archied said:

Here’s the thing for me , he a young player who is not yet pigeon holed into what# his best position , centre half ? Right back? Defensive midfield shielding centre halves ? Sweeper ? , 

he has been ever present at centre half because Davies is not fit ,has not been fit and is now long term injured 

so for me your wrong ,, sign the lad up if we possibly can ,worth his wieght in gold to our squad whether we are championship or prem 

Happy to agree to disagree

its not like I haven’t been wrong before lol 

He’s just not for me at Cb, full back no idea never seen him play there, maybe he’d be roberto Carlos ... maybe he’d be jay mceverly lol bless him  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alpha said:

Of course he was going to do that today. Can't make a thread like this and it not happen can we?

Shame though because he and Keogh were mostly comfortable. 

Just 1 bad pass. No biggie. 

I agree its no biggie - but it was more than just a bad pass. It was so clear he was going there the Reading player was already blocking the path of the ball before he kicked it!

Gotta keep his concentration levels up ? 

I'll blame fatigue from the 120 v Soton and give him the benefit of the doubt. Didn't cost us much, other than a league debut cleansheet for Roos.

Maybe not for us but I can see him being moved to right back in the future and then slowly moved back to centre back when he matures. I made the David Luiz comparison but he makes the same mistakes Joe Gomez used to, it’s scary how similar they are. Maybe because they have lots of speed  , which leads to complacency as they think they can use their pace to recover. I think that like Gomez, Tomori will move to right back whilst he matures and then eventually moves back to centre back as a much improved player(like Gomez). The process will probably take longer than Gomez to mature though, Gomez was relevativly unique in how quick it has taken him to mature.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Maybe not for us but I can see him being moved to right back in the future and then slowly moved back to centre back when he matures. I made the David Luiz comparison but he makes the same mistakes Joe Gomez used to, it’s scary how similar they are. Maybe because they have lots of speed  , which leads to complacency as they think they can use their pace to recover. I think that like Gomez, Tomori will move to right back whilst he matures and then eventually moves back to centre back as a much improved player(like Gomez). The process will probably take longer than Gomez to mature though, Gomez was relevativly unique in how quick it has taken him to mature.

What the heck are you on about? Do you seriously believe all this stuff?

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What the heck are you on about? Do you seriously believe all this stuff?

What are you on about? It was a genuine comparison. Joe Gomez used to be very similar to Tomori a few years ago but look at how good he is now. Point is that players shouldn’t be written off at that young age, especially at centre back.

1 hour ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Silly free kick from Huddlestone in the first place to put them under pressure

Thought the same myself, Huddlestone seemed to be rushing it when it wasn’t necessary but rather than dig either out too much, like Frank let’s put it down to tired legs and minds. 

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Thought the same myself, Huddlestone seemed to be rushing it when it wasn’t necessary

Yep ditto. Half the reason he took the free kick backwards was that the Reading players wouldn't retreat the 10 yards. At 2-0 we had no need to rush, so should have waited for the ref to make them go back... the fact that they hadn't retreated more than about 5 yards allowed 2 if their players a 5 yard head start when they won the ball and broke on us. Wait next time Huddz ffs!

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Of course he was going to do that today. Can't make a thread like this and it not happen can we?

Shame though because he and Keogh were mostly comfortable. 

Just 1 bad pass. No biggie. 

It was written in the stars wasnt it lol

if I like him or not I certainly wasn’t sat there hoping for that to happen that’s for sure lol

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yep ditto. Half the reason he took the free kick backwards was that the Reading players wouldn't retreat the 10 yards. At 2-0 we had no need to rush, so should have waited for the ref to make them go back... the fact that they hadn't retreated more than about 5 yards allowed 2 if their players a 5 yard head start when they won the ball and broke on us. Wait next time Huddz ffs!

Awful officiating by the refs to not sort the reading players out. Huddz should have refused to take it, they were barely more than 3 yards and either side of him at that! Was amateur hour most the match by the officials tbf, tho to both sides.

I think he’s quite an exciting defender to watch. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not.

But I really like him. He has made an impact on the team and is really passionate about playing for Derby. I might be a silly bugger but to me that is really important. 

52 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Awful officiating by the refs to not sort the reading players out. Huddz should have refused to take it, they were barely more than 3 yards and either side of him at that! Was amateur hour most the match by the officials tbf, tho to both sides.

Didn't think the ref was too bad in general, compared to some of the clowns we have to endure!

Huddz should have just waited. Even if he'd then played it backwards (why?!!) the Reading players would have been a good 15 yards away from Keogh/Tomori and everything is different from there!

On 16/01/2019 at 18:20, cosmic said:

I’m totally split down the middle about him. He’s obviously quality, and I see all the good that gets posted on here, his pace, composure, passing, tracking back and winning possession. But his inability to head the ball or stay close to his man in the box frustrates the hell out of me. Dealing with long balls and crosses in the box, and marking your man, are bread and butter for a defender. He just can’t do the basics, and it’s cost us far too many soft goals this season.

My biggest worry is actually his lapses in concentration because that cannot be coached.

Anybody on this board older than 20 can remember players whose potential was never matched. Steve powell was better at 16 than he was at 26.

And who remembers Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan?

Answers on a postcard.

And you get an extra point if you know the movie that the chant was referencing.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Interestingly enough the Derby commentary team on RamsTV commented on how good the officiating was. I agree fwiw, so not sure we watched the same game.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Interestingly enough the Derby commentary team on RamsTV commented on how good the officiating was. I agree fwiw, so not sure we watched the same game.

I dunno really, guess it wasn’t to the detriment of the game hugely, or bias, but just some decisions he got wrong were just ametrurish imo. Sort of things like playing advantage wrong, missing obstructions etc. Just annoys me when officials get stuff like that wrong.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I dunno really, guess it wasn’t to the detriment of the game hugely, or bias, but just some decisions he got wrong were just ametrurish imo. Sort of things like playing advantage wrong, missing obstructions etc. Just annoys me when officials get stuff like that wrong.

He played one great advantage and went back and yellow carded Malone after he scythed down a Reading player maybe a minute or so later. They were fine.

The reality of today is we should have been 3 or even 4 up inside 20 minutes. If we can maintain that early form through games we will be irresistible. 

Thought even with his lapse of concentration today he was otherwise excellent again, got his tackles in where needed and won the ball in the air plenty of times. Dont think he had to break out of first gear to keep up with their striker most the time in fairness, never seemed beaten for pace today. 

40 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Strange game by Huddlestone. The one player you expect to remain calm in most situations yet I lost count of the number of times he seemed to panic when put into possession.

He's the player we should look to when  we've lost control and the young players are trying to counter attacks that aren't on. He's the perfect player just to ease the ball about and get control. 

But yeah, he got a bit carried away today. Even trying some skills out and getting in a mess. When we were good I thought he was great. As the game became end to end though he just lost his head.

Archived