Signing Tomori permanently needs to be a priority this summer

RamLad1884

Absolutely love the passion and commitment from our CB pairing, might not be the best defensively but my god Keogh and Tomori are exciting to watch. 

The calmness and maturity Tomori shows every week is an absolutely credit to the lad. To think he has plenty of time to improve yet is scary, genuinely think if we bagged him on a permanent deal he could go on to be a legend at the club. 

Sign him up Frankie 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady on. 

If we're still in this division I absolutely wouldn't mind him on loan for another year. Realistically I think that's quite possible, he's not PL class so another full season playing in the Championship seems likely. 

He's got some really good attributes and looks the bizz when he puts in a performance like tonight but there's a lot of work to do before he becomes the finished article. Plenty of potential there. 

Some people don't like him. I fell in love a long time ago.

He does give away goals. I don't know if he just loses his head slightly and so loses his man. I don't know if he's just struggling with the timing of strikers movement as he's getting a proper crash course vs first team, high level football. But he does let players get wrong side of him 

However he defends so many lost situations. Where we'd concede a cross, a shot, a throw, a corner Tomori is there to win possession. Where a defender may clear his lines it's Tomori who manages to retrieve the ball. 

Yeah, his pace gets him out the pooh but that shouldn't be seen as a negative. It's his legs doing the running! They're one of his weapons.

Very rare does his passing cause us any problems. He is always happy to take the ball/pressure off a teammate. 

Very often teams get behind our full backs, especially LB, and Tomori is there. For every goal he gives away he goes the extra mile on a couple of other situations.

But I can't see any chance of signing him. He's a young lad getting a crash course. He's in the school of hard knocks and is going to be playing 50 games for a top 30 team. He's in a great place for Chelsea. He couldn't be in a better place to learn. I'm sure they are loving what their loaned players are doing here. Their technical ability is still shining but it's their mental and physical attributes getting a true test. 

Mount and Tomori will look back on videos of their season and be able to apply their ability even better next season. Hopefully with us but possibly at the next step up. I can't see Chelsea selling either of these young lads anytime soon

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Some people don't like him. I fell in love a long time ago.

He does give away goals. I don't know if he just loses his head slightly and so loses his man. I don't know if he's just struggling with the timing of strikers movement as he's getting a proper crash course vs first team, high level football. But he does let players get wrong side of him 

However he defends so many lost situations. Where we'd concede a cross, a shot, a throw, a corner Tomori is there to win possession. Where a defender may clear his lines it's Tomori who manages to retrieve the ball. 

Yeah, his pace gets him out the pooh but that shouldn't be seen as a negative. It's his legs doing the running! They're one of his weapons.

Very rare does his passing cause us any problems. He is always happy to take the ball/pressure off a teammate. 

Very often teams get behind our full backs, especially LB, and Tomori is there. For every goal he gives away he goes the extra mile on a couple of other situations.

But I can't see any chance of signing him. He's a young lad getting a crash course. He's in the school of hard knocks and is going to be playing 50 games for a top 30 team. He's in a great place for Chelsea. He couldn't be in a better place to learn. I'm sure they are loving what their loaned players are doing here. Their technical ability is still shining but it's their mental and physical attributes getting a true test. 

Mount and Tomori will look back on videos of their season and be able to apply their ability even better next season. Hopefully with us but possibly at the next step up. I can't see Chelsea selling either of these young lads anytime soon

He reminds me of David Luiz a bit. Prone to lapses of concentration but quick and really good technically on the ball. I wonder if the best way to get the most out of him individually is to play him in a back three where there’s more cover? You could play him in the centre of the back three like Conte did with Luiz at Chelsea but I think he would work well as one of the two outside centre backs too as cover when the wing backs push on, due to his speed.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

He reminds me of David Luiz a bit. Prone to lapses of concentration but quick and really good technically on the ball. I wonder if the best way to get the most out of him individually is to play him in a back three where there’s more cover? You could play him in the centre of the back three like Conte did with Luiz at Chelsea but I think he would work well as one of the two outside centre backs too as cover when the wing backs push on, due to his speed.

Yeah, reminds me of Luiz too.

Tomori certainly isn't getting an easy ride. I bet Chelsea love that we have slightly dodgy full backs. I bet they love Keogh moments. I bet they love that Davies is injured!! Every game he's doing a bit of everything. He's not playing in a compact defensive team where he's facing attacks head on and then hoofing clear. He's not got solid defenders around him that he can ride on the back of. He's getting tested constantly. 

I get the frustration with him. His education is costing us goals here and there. But I think he does enough good to earn a place. 

Played really well tonight 

But no thanks 

Has the concentration span of a goldfish when balls start flying into the box 

one game in 5 doesn’t make u a good centre half 

before tonight he had been an utter liability recently 

Ask kamal roofe and billy sharpe what they make of him ?

I see someone has put he remind them of David luiz lol

of late he’s been a dead ringer for Claude Davis tbh 

I’m totally split down the middle about him. He’s obviously quality, and I see all the good that gets posted on here, his pace, composure, passing, tracking back and winning possession. But his inability to head the ball or stay close to his man in the box frustrates the hell out of me. Dealing with long balls and crosses in the box, and marking your man, are bread and butter for a defender. He just can’t do the basics, and it’s cost us far too many soft goals this season.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

You cannot be bloody serious? I hate some of our fans.

Marking and heading isn’t his game, you can’t deny that? Everything else, he’s about as good as you get in this division. Two big flaws which will hopefully be ironed out as the season and his career progresses. Majestic performance tonight though

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Marking and heading isn’t his game, you can’t deny that? Everything else, he’s about as good as you get in this division. Two big flaws which will hopefully be ironed out as the season and his career progresses. Majestic performance tonight though

He has flaws, but Claude Davies was our worst defender of all time. Tomori is a young centre half with a huge future ahead of him, comparing the two is so ludicrous. Tomori is the best defensive partner we've had for Keogh for a long time.

Archived