Bielsa to resign over spygate?

Carl Sagan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're working on the assumption that all the fuss about this caused a distraction to Frank & the team prioe to the Leeds game (as it seemed to with Frank), it does make me wonder if the timing of the press conference - just before our cup game - was deliberately timed as such in order to derail us again.

Bielsa & Leeds must have been miffed that it was Derby who discovered the espionage, so the timing just smells a bit ratty to me.

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

If we're working on the assumption that all the fuss about this caused a distraction to Frank & the team prioe to the Leeds game (as it seemed to with Frank), it does make me wonder if the timing of the press conference - just before our cup game - was deliberately timed as such in order to derail us again.

Bielsa & Leeds must have been miffed that it was Derby who discovered the espionage, so the timing just smells a bit ratty to me.

The whole thing has been ratty and the journalists who’ve lapped all this up rather than questioning any part of all this  are the worst. They’ve not looked into a single reason why Lampard might have been miffed on Friday night or what the point of that stupid press conference was. They’ve all fell hook, line and sinker and haven’t even realised it!

58 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

And the choice of Derby far a good chunk of his examples. From a professional point of view, he should have used Bilbao or one of his previous clubs as examples instead as anything being shown wouldn't be current. Massive lack of respect towards our club.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And the choice of Derby far a good chunk of his examples. From a professional point of view, he should have used Bilbao or one of his previous clubs as examples instead as anything being shown wouldn't be current. Massive lack of respect towards our club.

He was trolling us for making it an issue. Ay, genius that is.

The more I see of him, the more I think **** *** Road is his natural home.

It's good that the rest of the Championship is taking it seriously, with 11 clubs writing to the EFL to express their concerns. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46933075

This does mean we can't get the result reversed because the league would have to do that for every match. But it increases the likelihood of a points deduction. The authorities have a tricky decision. If they do deduct points Leeds will appeal and it will turn into a very expensive court case. But if they don't, the division will have no confidence in the way the competition is run, and will think one team had had an unfair  advantage. 

In the end I think there'll be a big suspended points deduction (maybe 23 points - 1 for each team that's been spied on) to be enforced if it happens again and a fine of up to £500k. But probably closer to £200k.

I suspect Leeds would accept that pretty happily. But would Bielsa? Hopefully he'd be mad enough to keep doing it. 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's good that the rest of the Championship is taking it seriously, with 11 clubs writing to the EFL to express their concerns. 

This does mean we can't get the result reversed because the league would have to do that for every match. But it increases the likelihood of a points deduction. The authorities have a tricky decision. If they do deduct points Leeds will appeal and it will turn into a very expensive court case. But if they don't, the division will have no confidence in the way the competition is run, and will think one team had had an unfair  advantage. 

In the end I think there'll be a big suspended points deduction (maybe 23 points - 1 for each team that's been spied on) to be enforced if it happens again and a fine of up to £500k. But probably closer to £200k.

I suspect Leeds would accept that pretty happily. But would Bielsa? Hopefully he'd be mad enough to keep doing it. 

Or hopefully they’ll just keep loosing now they’re not doing it. That would have the same effect as a points deduction. 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It will be intresting, it is a form of cheating for me, observing the last training sessions before a game shows many things 

new set piece routines - injured players not returning for that game ( Wilson and malone  in our case) who is going to play at left back? What formation are they training at for the next game - great example of stoke on Saturday picking a totally alien formation with half of the team never having played this season which Leeds didn’t expect 

so basically you can select your own team to combat facts not guessing which is an unfair advantage ( which is why the Leeds manager declared his team against stoke 2 days before hand to try and diffuse the issue) 

i believe leeds football club are very worried about this and rightly so - they deserve punishment and that’s not because they are dirty Leeds that nobody likes and I would have the same view if it was any club doing it even ourselves 

Archived