Non matchday parking

jowon

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone know whether there is a time restriction on the main west stand car park? Had a look on their website and it just says free parking, no mention of time so I’m guessing there’s no time restriction? Had a look on street view and don’t seem to see any restrictions signs at the entrance of the car park. Also, do we need to give the reception our number plate? Apologies in advance for all the questions!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No time restriction.

No need to login in reg anywhere.

Strange seeing as everywhere else on Pride Park there are restrictions of some sort. Only a matter of time I'm sure. 

I wouldn't leave your car there though if you're jetting off on two weeks holiday.

Never had a problem in the West car park, although I've only used it to nip in to the Derby County Ticket Office Presented By Showcase Cinema De Lux (and breath!).  I believe plenty park there to use the coffee shop?  I also believe Roadrider users also park there, although they may be restricted to the half nearest The Yard?

Have the problems with those parking bays in front of the club shop subsided now?  I know the signs are still up (Staff and permit holders only?) but wondered if folk are still getting penalty notices through the post, just for nipping into Greggs for a pasty, (or even the club shop itself!), like they were when the signs first went up (a couple of years ago now, I think?)

Thanks for the replies everyone. Much appreciated! I confirmed this with the receptionist today so no time restrictions and no need to give them your number plate. The receptionist also noted just don’t park in the reserved bays and the staff&permit holder car park on the east side. 

You referring to these bays, right? 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Never had a problem in the West car park, although I've only used it to nip in to the Derby County Ticket Office Presented By Showcase Cinema De Lux (and breath!).  I believe plenty park there to use the coffee shop?  I also believe Roadrider users also park there, although they may be restricted to the half nearest The Yard?

Have the problems with those parking bays in front of the club shop subsided now?  I know the signs are still up (Staff and permit holders only?) but wondered if folk are still getting penalty notices through the post, just for nipping into Greggs for a pasty, (or even the club shop itself!), like they were when the signs first went up (a couple of years ago now, I think?)

You referring to these bays, right? I had a look today and there’s two ANPR cameras, one on entrance and another on exit. Theres DCFC’s own sign that says ‘staff and permit holder only’ and another sign which I presume is the camera’s company sign which is a lot more in-depth about the car park. Definitely wouldn’t enter this car park. Though, is there a grace period in which you’re allowed to leave the car park penalty free. E.g. you entered the car park to find out that its staff and permit holder only then you leave like 2 minutes later? 

D5AE76FA-65EE-4C82-831B-F1888A39D404.jpeg

53 minutes ago, jowon said:

You referring to these bays, right? 

You referring to these bays, right? I had a look today and there’s two ANPR cameras, one on entrance and another on exit. Theres DCFC’s own sign that says ‘staff and permit holder only’ and another sign which I presume is the camera’s company sign which is a lot more in-depth about the car park. Definitely wouldn’t enter this car park. Though, is there a grace period in which you’re allowed to leave the car park penalty free. E.g. you entered the car park to find out that its staff and permit holder only then you leave like 2 minutes later? 

D5AE76FA-65EE-4C82-831B-F1888A39D404.jpeg

Yes, them ones.

I knew the signs and cameras were still up, but wondered if folk are still getting "fines" through the post for parking there, or whether things had calmed down.

I recall many folks getting caught out when these new restrictions were first put in place, even when using the club shop, but as Boycie says, I also recall folk reporting that the club stepped in and sorted things.

Must admit, I have parked there for 5 mins on a number of occasions, and have never heard any more.

Archived