Ticket phone line

Seaside Ram

I ordered some tickets before Xmas on the phone , i used my mobile at work . It took 6 n a half mins including all the 2 min unecessary waffle at the start . It also says it costs 13p a min . It doesnt tell you it costs 55p +vat to use a mobile. My call was a Fiver !! I know there are other ways to buy but has anyone else been stung by this total rip off? ?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't remember the game (might have been Norwich away?), but I used my mobile a while back and got charged about £14. Luckily I used my work phone, so I just submitted expenses and crossed my fingers. Thank God we work on a trust basis and I'm so trustworthy...

58 minutes ago, Paese said:

Can't remember the game (might have been Norwich away?), but I used my mobile a while back and got charged about £14. Luckily I used my work phone, so I just submitted expenses and crossed my fingers. Thank God we work on a trust basis and I'm so trustworthy...

I'll see you in my office in the morning Paesey. I can't believe you didn't realise I was on this forum too. ?

43 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'll see you in my office in the morning Paesey. I can't believe you didn't realise I was on this forum too. ?

Please don't discuss our internal managerial business on a public forum Steve, I'm your CEO, and I'll see you in the boardroom at 9am sharp. I can't believe you didn't realise I was on this forum too. ?

46 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Please don't discuss our internal managerial business on a public forum Steve, I'm your CEO, and I'll see you in the boardroom at 9am sharp. I can't believe you didn't realise I was on this forum too. ?

I’m the founder, and it seems you're letting the plebs do what the hell they want!

YOU’RE FIRED!

3 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I ordered some tickets before Xmas on the phone , i used my mobile at work . It took 6 n a half mins including all the 2 min unecessary waffle at the start . It also says it costs 13p a min . It doesnt tell you it costs 55p +vat to use a mobile. My call was a Fiver !! I know there are other ways to buy but has anyone else been stung by this total rip off? ?

I got charged a wedge for Tickets on the phone too mate.

I know what Mel would probably say, reduce call costs by all means, what shall we add the lost revenue on to in place though?

3 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Isn’t that number being down to being charged at that rate by your mobile provider? It does say plus your providers access charge. It costs me 15p to call the ticket office on my current mobile plan. 

I don't mind it.

Apart from when youre counting how much it has cost you for the lady with a nice voice to tell me that from June 1997, the ticket office hours have changed. She then tells me the hours they are now open for the cheap price of £10.55 or something.

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Isn’t that number being down to being charged at that rate by your mobile provider? It does say plus your providers access charge. It costs me 15p to call the ticket office on my current mobile plan. 

I am with EE and phoned up to ask just that, they said that is what they get charged and there is nothing they could do to help . What annoys me also is that if you call the club on a 01332 line they will refuse to put you through to the ticket office. 

21 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

I am with EE and phoned up to ask just that, they said that is what they get charged and there is nothing they could do to help . What annoys me also is that if you call the club on a 01332 line they will refuse to put you through to the ticket office. 

I have some sympathy with you being with EE and having been hit with a £21 phone call recently to @JJMSports32 who failed to mention his location, ahem!! 

Basically 0800 and anything that starts with 01, 02 or 03 is charged at local rate or uses your inclusive minute, anything else do the tinkle twice and make them ring you back.

Doesn't help you now but it's an easy one to remember. Use the website to order tickets, it's the future, embrace it!

8 hours ago, David said:

I have some sympathy with you being with EE and having been hit with a £21 phone call recently to @JJMSports32 who failed to mention his location, ahem!! 

Basically 0800 and anything that starts with 01, 02 or 03 is charged at local rate or uses your inclusive minute, anything else do the tinkle twice and make them ring you back.

Doesn't help you now but it's an easy one to remember. Use the website to order tickets, it's the future, embrace it!

The ticket ordering part of the ap is very poor on iOS devices. I think I have succeeded in getting it to work just once. It’s clunky, finding the seat selection part is misleading. Luckily I live quite close to PP so I usually end up going in person.

as to the phone charge.... I know the club needs to make money but a premium rate call charge to a customer buying a ticket is like those dodgy booking fees. Don’t like it, not cricket and the idea that you have to listen to all the announcements really narks me. 

Archived