Club 84 - Supporter’s Group

Club84

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

How can seeing the way the 1884 Group was treated not make you give up on Pride Park?

People don't want an atmosphere. They honestly don't. 

Those few that do already create one. 

That 1884 Group gave every opportunity. They put flags in seats, Derby put scarves, the music was turned down for a few games, they told people where they could find them. They tried to introduce new songs and arranged meets for anyone who wanted a more casual chat. 

Pride Park is a dull negative ground. 

I find it hilarious when we have a full ground and people start talking about expanding the stadium!! For who? 10,000 glory hunting moaners?

Everyone has tried everything. I wish a new group all the best but I hope you don't spend too much time or money on it. 

Derby do have potential but this idea that we have amongst our fans that we always back our team is balls. Our away numbers are not good. Our home numbers are good but the atmosphere is as dead as any of the other grounds you mock. 

It's not a Derby problem. It's just football in the UK. But it seems to me that the Derby fan spends to much time thinking they are owed something, that the club let's them down, that the players let them down, that they belong in the PL. 

It's all a negative spin. If you can turn the attitude around and ignite some passion and get people to start thinking about how we can be the club we want to be instead of thinking about why we aren't there, then you will succeed. But all the best. 

It's just people. They are negative. Like I am in this post. 

People just like being pissed off. There's something quite wrong about our society. We like reality tv, Twitter, being thin, healthy, the perfect parent, the perfect partner, the perfect employee, we like getting stuff on finance because why should we wait? We like social media and being fake as duck. 

Everybody acts like they're on a stage now. All showing off how mighty we are. No wonder we are all suffering with mental health when we put ourselves under so much pressure and require so much maintenance. 

But yeah, people aren't about grouping together and creating something. It's all about what you can do for me. 

Create me an atmosphere, bitch! Create one and I will come. 

Until then I'm going to complain about the lack of atmosphere. I'll boo the team, spend my money going to watch them and complain that my money puts them players on 100k per week. They don't deserve that. Now I'm bitter about them. I'm going onto social media to abuse them. But they better not saying anything dodgy because I will hold that against them forever.

I blame X Factor and Twitter. Everyone is a diva!!! 

I blame the modern world. Everyone is far too busy on social media trying to get 'likes' from people they don't know.

So getting these people to clap, to sing, to encourage, to wave flags, wave scarfs and make any kind of positive noise is nearly impossible.

As you say, the ones that already create an atmosphere are the ones likely to carry on or eventually give up and will be replaced with the modern day zombie that's glued to his/her mobile phone.

Unfortunately the best thing Club 84 and Derby County Football Club could do right now, is to place a boiled egg on the centre spot and wait for millions of zombies to go wild in the modern world........which is by pressing the 'like' button.

So come on fellow Rams fans, I love you all, please like my post, plenty of hearts, pints, eyes of laughter, sheep, none of them angry faces!, and guess what?.....I know where I can get us a boiled egg that will drive your fingers wild with atmosphere.........can you hear it boys and girls, ladies and gentleman? I rest my case.

Club 84......the very best of luck!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Alpha said:

People just like being pissed off. There's something quite wrong about our society. We like reality tv, Twitter, being thin, healthy, the perfect parent, the perfect partner, the perfect employee, we like getting stuff on finance because why should we wait? We like social media and being fake as duck.

Reality tv - never watch it

Twitter - never used it

Being thin - I'm more of a pot bellied pig

Healthy - are you having a laugh?

Perfect parent - my kids tell me they hate me on a weekly basis 

Perfect partner - I'm going through divorce so I probably won't qualify for this

Perfect employee - I'm self employed and my boss still thinks I'm a knob

Fake - must admit my moobs don't look real sometimes

Other than that I think you've nailed why I enjoy being pissed off. 

Safe standing will be the catalyst for better atmosphere at grounds. 

While it's all seating, you will always get a mix of people in every block. Those that want to sing, those that want to stand and sing, those that want to sit and sing and those that want to sit and watch the game in silence. 

It all adds up to the frustration and tension from all parties and lack of apparent atmosphere. 

Theres no right or wrong. 

However, a dedicated section of the ground for standing will obviously attract the people who want to sing, bounce, shout etc. 

It also needs to be priced the same as a seat.

The comment about Norn Irn and Glasgow was a bit daft. It insinuates sectarianism. I dont think its a problem within Derby fans, and Id be astonished and disappointed if any fans group came away with banners or chants regarding this anyway. 

Ill assume the Brexit comment was the inexperience of youth.... .

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Reality tv - never watch it

Twitter - never used it

Being thin - I'm more of a pot bellied pig

Healthy - are you having a laugh?

Perfect parent - my kids tell me they hate me on a weekly basis 

Perfect partner - I'm going through divorce so I probably won't qualify for this

Perfect employee - I'm self employed and my boss still thinks I'm a knob

Fake - must admit my moobs don't look real sometimes

Other than that I think you've nailed why I enjoy being pissed off. 

I would really like to make a joke here but I can't now because you're having a divorce and you've got kids.

So, this is awkward innit? 

Dunno what to say really.

Snow next week I think. 

So, yeah. Cool. Going offline for a bit. Probably be back in about... wheneveryou'renotaround o'clock. 

(Sorry to hear about your divorce by the way. You seemed alright to me. Her loss)

I'm hoping people give them a chance.

We had a fair crack at it, and enjoyed it for the first season, id even say it helped a little bit, I still like watching some of the videos of the displays we did, hearing how loud it was, but people very quickly got bored or decided we were too big for our boots and then the abuse started. 

By the time we packed it in it was making me dread going to matches, just because of what I heard in the stands about the 1884 group, or posts from people online from our own fan base. We didn't get any benefit from running the 1884 group, it was a massive amount of work on matchdays and evenings after work, this group will learn that fast!

Whoever this group is, just give them a chance. I don't know anyone who thinks our atmosphere is good at the moment so just see what happens.

DCFC will have some difficult choices to make about how far they're willing to go to improve things but if they're willing to listen and try things out, it stands a chance.

Good luck, get some new songs and work with @therams69 to get safe standing introduced in the right way.

20 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@TomBustler1884, I seem to remember your group actually improving the atmosphere somewhat, but I don’t remember the abuse you speak of. Why on Earth were people unhappy at you lot?

No need to go over it again pal, but on several occasions we were told we were embarrassments to the club and insinuations that we molested children because we gave them flags to try and encourage their involvement in supporting the club.

Fairly typical keyboard warrior stuff, and no worse than a lot of abuse people get for having an opinion on anything online, and we also got a substantial amount of positive feedback, especially from the good people on here. Even @Angry Ram I think!

Just not worth the hassle in the end, looking forward to seeing someone else have a go.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I would really like to make a joke here but I can't now because you're having a divorce and you've got kids.

Snow next week I think. 

So, yeah. Cool. Going offline for a bit. Probably be back in about... wheneveryou'renotaround o'clock. 

(Sorry to hear about your divorce by the way. You seemed alright to me. Her loss)

Does that mean we've Cardiff home next then?

Good luck is all I will say.

You wont be able to please everyone though. Just keep at it.

Regarding the twenty is plenty. Not going to happen in the championship. Clubs cannot afford it. Obviously the premier league can and this is where the pressure needs to be. That or a major shift change in the TV right split down the leagues. Until that happens it would be a waste of your time to pursue it whilst we are in the championship.

Safe Standing. Still plodding on.

Good luck again!

28 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

No need to go over it again pal, but on several occasions we were told we were embarrassments to the club and insinuations that we molested children because we gave them flags to try and encourage their involvement in supporting the club.

Fairly typical keyboard warrior stuff, and no worse than a lot of abuse people get for having an opinion on anything online, and we also got a substantial amount of positive feedback, especially from the good people on here. Even @Angry Ram I think!

Just not worth the hassle in the end, looking forward to seeing someone else have a go.

Flags were great, those song videos though ? at least you tried, not many have, good on yer Tom ?

33 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I take my hat off to you and the other groups... Just don’t think it’s a winnable situation.

As someone mentioned earlier, safe standing might be the catalyst for change, it would give the club a chance to completely revamp the SouthStand and relocate.. Until the, Doris and Bert won’t go anywhere..

I agree with our cockaney friend, make the south stand all standing and it may make some move. 

Threaten non singers who still remain with a sniper placed on the roof of the north stand.  

Could even link the snipers scope to the large screen.  Snipercam, the look on their faces when they clock themselves with a cross hair on their snout.

”oh duck!? If you don’t flippen bounce!.....”

We joke about the non-singing thing.

When I lived in Warsaw I went to a few Legia Warsaw games. They have a whole stand, led by their Ultras, where if you don't sing, they chuck you out of the stand into one of the other ones.

Shouldn't, won't and can't happen here, but that's how far things go in European football at clubs with big atmospheres.

Check out what's happening at Wisla Krakow to see what happens when ultra influence goes too far!

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Snow next week I think. 

? perfect time for jokes!

Life goes on and there's much more important things to worry about such as someone breaking into DCFC training ground and whether I'm singing loud enough at matches! 

Cheers for the kind words. Appreciated. 

Is it really going to snow next week, shame because we've got no match to call off!

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I'm hoping people give them a chance.

We had a fair crack at it, and enjoyed it for the first season, id even say it helped a little bit, I still like watching some of the videos of the displays we did, hearing how loud it was, but people very quickly got bored or decided we were too big for our boots and then the abuse started. 

By the time we packed it in it was making me dread going to matches, just because of what I heard in the stands about the 1884 group, or posts from people online from our own fan base. We didn't get any benefit from running the 1884 group, it was a massive amount of work on matchdays and evenings after work, this group will learn that fast!

Whoever this group is, just give them a chance. I don't know anyone who thinks our atmosphere is good at the moment so just see what happens.

DCFC will have some difficult choices to make about how far they're willing to go to improve things but if they're willing to listen and try things out, it stands a chance.

Good luck, get some new songs and work with @therams69 to get safe standing introduced in the right way.

@TomBustler1884 you and all the guys and girls at 1884 always did a fantastic job and all of you should always feel proud about all the brilliant work you achieved. A great shame that a few bad eggs spoiled it once again for those trying and achieving such a great positive support. D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

Unfortunately we're half awake in a fake empire.

Stay out super late tonight
Picking apples, making pies
Put a little something in our lemonade
And take it with us

We're half awake in a fake empire

Tiptoe through our shiny city
With our diamond slippers on
Do our gay ballet on ice
Bluebirds on our shoulders