Huddersfield

Ghost of Clough

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much emphasis we try to put on aspects of their failure, they are still better than we were.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the 11 point season as a footballing badge of honor.

Some tries to give "mad bantz" about it I just simply say "I was there, saw the games and still kept coming back every week and still do" "oh you support man utd, city, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea (insert as appropriate)..... Ever been to watch them?

49 minutes ago, KBB said:

Some tries to give "mad bantz" about it I just simply say "I was there, saw the games and still kept coming back every week and still do" "oh you support man utd, city, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea (insert as appropriate)..... Ever been to watch them?

In some perverse way I enjoyed that season, especially some of the away trips. I think that the 'beach day' at Blackburn Rovers was the highlight - especially the giant inflatable schlong wearing the Forest shirt.

10 hours ago, eddie said:

In some perverse way I enjoyed that season, especially some of the away trips. I think that the 'beach day' at Blackburn Rovers was the highlight - especially the giant inflatable schlong wearing the Forest shirt.

Kenny burns there was he?

10 hours ago, KBB said:

My nephew also uses that reply at school when they ask why support Derby? I think some of those teams also voted us as fans of the season.

Still gives me a sense of pride when I think back to that horrendous season. How we the fans kept turning up to every home game, even long after the players had stopped turning up, to show our support.

9 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Still gives me a sense of pride when I think back to that horrendous season. How we the fans kept turning up to every home game, even long after the players had stopped turning up, to show our support.

That's what happens when you travel by Band Wagon to go and buy your first season ticket!  ;-)

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Nice to see you haven't fallen off.

Never mind falling off, there have been numerous times when I've actually wanted to bloody jump off!  Just haven't been brave enough thus far!

Although to be fair, the particular wagon I got on was the finest of them all... The 1975 cabriolet V8 Turbo model... with leather interior and rear view camera so we could keep an eye on all the other teams in the land!  :-)  

Archived