League 1 & 2 18/19

Shuff264

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Would it surprise you if I told you they lost badly?

Not one bit.

It's the margins though for sure. We did nothing quite as bad as either of those in the first half against Reading, but had they been more clinical we could've been talking about two defensive howlers of our own.

Are Grimsby fans not optimistic about the season then?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Are Grimsby fans not optimistic about the season then?

Optimistic about what exactly?

They don’t think they’ll be fighting for promotion, but feel like they have enough to stay in the League.

League 2 is about right for them, just one of those clubs where they are where they’ll be unless someone comes and pumps a ton of money in which is unlikely.

New ground would have helped revenue as there was talk of events and supermarket deals, nothing ever happens though, just talk

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's been a great game. Chaplin & Clarke-Harris are the reason they'll struggle to get goals. Poor players at any professional level. 

Chaplin is still young enough I wouldnt judge him to harshly, Clarke-Harris hardly has a great record mind.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Better midfielder than Frank or Stevie G, lets see if he turns out to be a better manager...

Scholes = Hughes (talented playmaker)

Steve Gerrard = Hendrick (bit of everything)

Frank Lampard = Bryson (hardest working man in showbiz, work made more of his talents than ordinary humans could have done)

Stretching the comparisons a bit there, but you catch my drift hopefully.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Scholes = Hughes (talented playmaker)

Steve Gerrard = Hendrick (bit of everything)

Frank Lampard = Bryson (hardest working man in showbiz, work made more of his talents than ordinary humans could have done)

Stretching the comparisons a bit there, but you catch my drift hopefully.

Can’t be right. Those 3 worked wonders in a derby midfield (or at least 2 of the 3 interchanging with a Thorne behind them), but we could never seem to make a combination of those 3 work for England. 

On 11/02/2019 at 16:18, TigerTedd said:

Can’t be right. Those 3 worked wonders in a derby midfield (or at least 2 of the 3 interchanging with a Thorne behind them), but we could never seem to make a combination of those 3 work for England. 

Lampard and Gerrard talked about this on some sky thing a couple years back. 

Said they were confident they could work together, and with Scholes (later with a DM behind them), with a formation change - but all the old-man managers refused to switch out of 4-4-2. They went into more detail but that's the gist. 

I'm looking forward to the era of English football where the top 3 teams are Man Utd under Scholes, Chelsea under Lamps and Liverpool under Gerrard. With Derby comfortably nestled in the mid-table of the PL. ? 

Archived