Champions & Europa League 18/19

David

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

image.thumb.png.a6bbd3345020c94a1232940f0f79deb5.png

Good lad.

He's taken so much stick this season it's incredible. Nowt wrong with giving a bit back.

Charlie Nicholas defends Neil Lennon's right to celebrate a goal being disallowed but then tries to have a go at Jose here.

The double standards in the media is a joke.

For what it's worth. I think Neil Lennon is also within his rights.

It's all banter when the fans give it out but the delicate little flowers get all indignant at the first sign of someone dishing it back.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The group stage is over in the CL, who would you like to see matched up against each other?

Man City v Atletico

Barcelona v Liverpool

Bayern v Spurs

PSG v Man Utd

Juventus v Lyon

Real Madrid v Schalke

Porto v Roma

Dortmund v Ajax

I think this would provide us with a well balanced and competitive round of fixtures.

I am living and working in Porto at the moment. So I might be able to twist my boss’ arm and get a night off to watch the home leg at the Dragão.

It’d be good to get a winnable tie rather than a prestigious one.

Some cracking looking ties in the Round of 16 draw just now:

Schalke vs Man City 

Atletico  vs Juventus

Man Utd vs PSG

Tottenham vs Dortmund

Lyon vs Barcelona

Roma vs Porto

Ajax vs Real Madrid

Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Feel Jose's pain is set to continue.......(?)

Don't get me wrong, I hate Man U, and Jose' has long since ceased to be a good manager, but I'd absolutely love it if they beat PSG.  Just to see Neymar crying after being knocked out would be priceless.

The Spurs & Liverpool games look very finely balanced, and should make for cracking games

A very kind draw for my local team, Porto, all things considered.

They breezed through the easiest group in the competition. Roma will be a good step up in competition for them and the games should be evenly matched.

Roma are not having a great year and they are certainly not as consistent as they have been in recent years, but they are still dangerous and it’d be daft to underestimate them.

My feeling is that the first leg will be critical. No-one enjoys going to the Olimpico. If Porto handle the occasion well, I expect them to go through.

Tie of the round is Liverpool v Bayern.

Possible upset of the round is Lyon v Barcelona.

On 17/12/2018 at 12:24, Jourdan said:

A very kind draw for my local team, Porto, all things considered.

They breezed through the easiest group in the competition. Roma will be a good step up in competition for them and the games should be evenly matched.

Roma are not having a great year and they are certainly not as consistent as they have been in recent years, but they are still dangerous and it’d be daft to underestimate them.

My feeling is that the first leg will be critical. No-one enjoys going to the Olimpico. If Porto handle the occasion well, I expect them to go through.

Tie of the round is Liverpool v Bayern.

Possible upset of the round is Lyon v Barcelona.

Interesting you think tie of the round is Liverpool Bayern. By name value I would say maybe, but Bayern are aging and have been pretty woeful this year. I expect Liverpool will beat them handily. I think Spurs vs Dortmund is tie of the round, two youthful teams, full of exciting talents.

• 1 month later...

United chasing shadows all night. 

PSG looked so comfortable on the ball passing round United's midfield. 

Mbappe and Di Maria were brilliant. 

Whats happened to Sanchez and Lukaku?

Pogba red card deserved, no complaints surely. I thought Young was lucky not to get one in the 1st half.   

Archived