Champions & Europa League 18/19

David

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew that Messi didn't make the UEFA finalists for best player award, but I didn't realise he missed out on a top three spot in the Balon d'Or award too. What the hell is that all about?

As good as Salah was last season, Messi scored more goals, had more assists, created more chances and won more trophies. He didn't even lose a league game in the entire season and was the golden boot winner.

Sooo? I don't get it? The criteria for this award is stupid. Modric wasn't even Madrid's best midfielder last season. Kroos scored more, assisted more, averaged better passing %, more tackles per game. 

Also, Real Madrd finished 3rd, posting their worst points tally in over a decade. You know, the league being the bread and butter, needing to be the most consistent to win. Ronaldo and Modric were average domestically.

But I guess they did have one or two good games in the CL. So let's ignore the 46 league and cup matches and just focus on five games in the CL to decide who has been the best individual player in the world over the entire season.

Moronic.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I knew that Messi didn't make the UEFA finalists for best player award, but I didn't realise he missed out on a top three spot in the Balon d'Or award too. What the hell is that all about?

As good as Salah was last season, Messi scored more goals, had more assists, created more chances and won more trophies. He didn't even lose a league game in the entire season and was the golden boot winner.

Sooo? I don't get it? The criteria for this award is stupid. Modric wasn't even Madrid's best midfielder last season. Kroos scored more, assisted more, averaged better passing %, more tackles per game. 

Also, Real Madrd finished 3rd, posting their worst points tally in over a decade. You know, the league being the bread and butter, needing to be the most consistent to win. Ronaldo and Modric were average domestically.

But I guess they did have one or two good games in the CL. So let's ignore the 46 league and cup matches and just focus on five games in the CL to decide who has been the best individual player in the world over the entire season.

Moronic.

They had to reward Salah for last season because it is the only season he will ever get a shot at anything like that.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

They had to reward Salah for last season because it is the only season he will ever get a shot at anything like that.

The likes of Van Nistleroy, Henry, Ronaldo, Drogba, Suarez, and Aguero have all failed to score as many goals in a single Premiership season as Salah did last season. and for the most part, they all played in more dominant sides. After 6 games last season he'd notched 'only' twice, the same tally as this year. Also, referring to your earlier rants about Heysel, nobody 'murdered' anybody. I'm guessing you don't really understand the meaning of the word. Also, your claim that nobody was held accountable is just more attention-seeking bum guff. 14 fans were extradited, charged and found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and were imprisoned as a result of their behaviour. I know this rather flies in the face of your puerile and hysterical screechings but these are the facts of the matter. I hope this helps to clear things up for you. 

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

The likes of Van Nistleroy, Henry, Ronaldo, Drogba, Suarez, and Aguero have all failed to score as many goals in a single Premiership season as Salah did last season. and for the most part, they all played in more dominant sides. After 6 games last season he'd notched 'only' twice, the same tally as this year. Also, referring to your earlier rants about Heysel, nobody 'murdered' anybody. I'm guessing you don't really understand the meaning of the word. Also, your claim that nobody was held accountable is just more attention-seeking bum guff. 14 fans were extradited, charged and found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and were imprisoned as a result of their behaviour. I know this rather flies in the face of your puerile and hysterical screechings but these are the facts of the matter. I hope this helps to clear things up for you. 

Well we will see how many goals he gets his season won’t we...!

and you really think that a couple of suspended scentences is ok for the death of 39 people......? 

41 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Well we will see how many goals he gets his season won’t we...!

and you really think that a couple of suspended scentences is ok for the death of 39 people......? 

However many he scores this season won't undo what he achieved last year, so you'd best get over whatever issue you have with the lad. Also, all 14 fans who were indicted served half their sentences in keeping with standard prison tariffs, so please stop making poo up to support your argument. You seem to forget that back in the day we've all seen bad behaviour at the football. That same season we'd seen similar behavior but without the tragic outcomes from both Spurs and United fans, lest you forget. At Heysel, people panicked and crushed and trampled their own. It's tragic and while I won't defend the behaviour of the Liverpool fans who were a feckin disgrace, I'll not throw words around like 'murderers' either. It's by God's good graces we've not seen more instances like Heysel which like Hillsborough, was shitty stadium with ill thought out crowd control and a police force who aggravated the situation rather than trying to fix it. If you have a problem with Liverpool, that's your business, but please don't bother debating me on this as I'm not buying what you're selling.

@86 points you’ve raised some valid points but it’s more the fact that Liverpool as a club tried to blame others for Heysel rather than accepting responsibility. They tried to blame everyone, the Belgian police, Millwall, Chelsea, hence the chant by rival fans, always the victims it’s never your fault . Imagine if Liverpool had blamed Derby? We wouldn’t take it very lightly would we?

It’s only in recent years that they have started to admit ‘some responsibility’, though as a club they still haven’t issued an apology, individuals have but as a club they haven’t. The Juventus fans refer to the Hillsborough disaster as karma for what happened in Heysel because of Liverpool’s failure to accept responsibility. Disgusting I know because many people lost their lives in both disasters.

Meanwhile, sections of Liverpool fans mock the Munich air disaster. Any set of fans who mocks disasters are ‘scum’ regardless of whether they are Liverpool, Utd, Juve or Chelsea fans.

If one man murders another, does that make all males murderers?

If one armed blonde female robs a bank, does that make all blonde women armed robbers?

If one man wearing a Derby County shirt throws a plastic chair at a female fan, does that make all Derby County fans plastic chair throwers?

You will find many bad apples in this world, be it men or blondes, what you cannot do is stereotype thousands or even millions of people over the actions of a few because they have the same gentials, genes or wear the same football colours. 

Thousands of fans turn up at Anfield under the age of 40 who will either not have been on this earth when Heysel or Hillsborough happened or young children playing with Lego. They are not murderers, they are not fans that entered a stadium without tickets. 

Some of those Liverpool fans today will be nurses, doctors, policemen/women, firemen/women that save lives on a daily basis, run marathons, jump out of planes to raise money for others that are suffering. 

They are not murderers because they chose to support Liverpool and buy the clubs colours.

To suggest that Liverpool fans are murderers is quite frankly absurd, pathetic and slanderous. 

Condemn the individuals for what they did, not the thousands of innocent people that just enjoy watching a game of football and having a quiet pint after.

Remove the club colours from those that’s actions caused the loss of life to others be it in the ground or on the streets.

Football clubs do not choose their fans, I would not expect Derby County to apologise for any of my actions because I chose to support that club.

Google Tony Evans journalist Hysel. 

Its an article in the Annfield Rap that gives his experiance of the day.  He's a good plain talking journalist who sounds like back then was a normal punter following his team accross Europe. 

Its a good honest account of the atmosphere in Brussels and what fuelled the trouble. 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

@86 points you’ve raised some valid points but it’s more the fact that Liverpool as a club tried to blame others for Heysel rather than accepting responsibility. They tried to blame everyone, the Belgian police, Millwall, Chelsea, hence the chant by rival fans, always the victims it’s never your fault . Imagine if Liverpool had blamed Derby? We wouldn’t take it very lightly would we?

It’s only in recent years that they have started to admit ‘some responsibility’, though as a club they still haven’t issued an apology, individuals have but as a club they haven’t. The Juventus fans refer to the Hillsborough disaster as karma for what happened in Heysel because of Liverpool’s failure to accept responsibility. Disgusting I know because many people lost their lives in both disasters.

Meanwhile, sections of Liverpool fans mock the Munich air disaster. Any set of fans who mocks disasters are ‘scum’ regardless of whether they are Liverpool, Utd, Juve or Chelsea fans.

....and they all have. Every club has its own set of complete ****** 'fans', even Derby. If you judge a club, even in part, by the often moronic and deeply offensive chants that some alleged supporters pass off as 'banter', then not too many stand up to examination. I'm going to leave it there as it's a subject I'd rather not be discussing further and my opinions are relatively entrenched in any case, for reasons I choose not to discuss further.

2 hours ago, David said:

If one man murders another, does that make all males murderers?

If one armed blonde female robs a bank, does that make all blonde women armed robbers?

If one man wearing a Derby County shirt throws a plastic chair at a female fan, does that make all Derby County fans plastic chair throwers?

You will find many bad apples in this world, be it men or blondes, what you cannot do is stereotype thousands or even millions of people over the actions of a few because they have the same gentials, genes or wear the same football colours. 

Thousands of fans turn up at Anfield under the age of 40 who will either not have been on this earth when Heysel or Hillsborough happened or young children playing with Lego. They are not murderers, they are not fans that entered a stadium without tickets. 

Some of those Liverpool fans today will be nurses, doctors, policemen/women, firemen/women that save lives on a daily basis, run marathons, jump out of planes to raise money for others that are suffering. 

They are not murderers because they chose to support Liverpool and buy the clubs colours.

To suggest that Liverpool fans are murderers is quite frankly absurd, pathetic and slanderous. 

Condemn the individuals for what they did, not the thousands of innocent people that just enjoy watching a game of football and having a quiet pint after.

Remove the club colours from those that’s actions caused the loss of life to others be it in the ground or on the streets.

Football clubs do not choose their fans, I would not expect Derby County to apologise for any of my actions because I chose to support that club.

I’ll ask again like I asked previously, where did we state that all Liverpool fans are murderers? And again you’re ignoring my point that Liverpool as a club failed to take responsibility. Some of the Liverpool players suggested at the time that the Juventus fans were to blame, other players suggested that Chelsea and Millwall were to blame as did the Liverpool chairman at the time. Liverpool’s lack of acceptance as a club is what angers many Juventus fans to this day.

48 minutes ago, 86 points said:

....and they all have. Every club has its own set of complete ****** 'fans', even Derby. If you judge a club, even in part, by the often moronic and deeply offensive chants that some alleged supporters pass off as 'banter', then not too many stand up to examination. I'm going to leave it there as it's a subject I'd rather not be discussing further and my opinions are relatively entrenched in any case, for reasons I choose not to discuss further.

That’s just one example, there are many examples of Liverpool as a club doing things that I don’t like, e.g, supporting racist players(Suarez), failing to take appropriate action against their fans for all sorts of behaviour, using deaths of legends of football as a PR exercise for themselves, the gangster involvement to prevent their legend Steven Gerrard from leaving to join Chelsea and their failure to do anything about that.

I will bite one more time before going back to the football.

39 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That’s just one example, there are many examples of Liverpool as a club doing things that I don’t like, e.g, supporting racist players(Suarez),

I'm no Suarez fan, far from it, should be banned for life after the biting incidents, but this case was very much a he said this and he said that. There was no witness statements from either side other than the 2 players. Liverpool listened to their players understanding of events and supported their player. Still not clear what happened, but neither are exactly angels with Evra kicking out at fan in the head. 

failing to take appropriate action against their fans for all sorts of behaviour

Not true at all. 30 seconds Google search will show this if you bothered. Lifetime bans for racial abuse of Tom Adeyemi, also fans have been given life bans for anti semitism. 

using deaths of legends of football as a PR exercise for themselves

Behave.

the gangster involvement to prevent their legend Steven Gerrard from leaving to join Chelsea and their failure to do anything about that.

Again just very wrong. Gerrard's dad even rubbished these claims. Gerrard did have issues with gangsters threatening to shoot him, absolutely nothing related to Chelsea move but looking to extort money out of him. His dad got fixer in to deal with it and Gerrard had no problems since. John Kinsella.

It was also his Dad that played a part in him staying at Liverpool to remain a club legend, Carragher also claims that if they didn't qualify for Europe he would have gone. 

As for your earlier post quoting me calling all Liverpool fans murderers, read earlier posts. 

Again, I'll bow out from this because I refuse to waste anymore time rubbishing your claims for this petty hatred you hold of a club that most of us have little interest in. It's Saturday, football day, not rubbish conspiracy theorist day

1 hour ago, David said:

I will bite one more time before going back to the football.

I'm no Suarez fan, far from it, should be banned for life after the biting incidents, but this case was very much a he said this and he said that. There was no witness statements from either side other than the 2 players. Liverpool listened to their players understanding of events and supported their player. Still not clear what happened, but neither are exactly angels with Evra kicking out at fan in the head. 

Not true at all. 30 seconds Google search will show this if you bothered. Lifetime bans for racial abuse of Tom Adeyemi, also fans have been given life bans for anti semitism. 

Behave.

Again just very wrong. Gerrard's dad even rubbished these claims. Gerrard did have issues with gangsters threatening to shoot him, absolutely nothing related to Chelsea move but looking to extort money out of him. His dad got fixer in to deal with it and Gerrard had no problems since. John Kinsella.

It was also his Dad that played a part in him staying at Liverpool to remain a club legend, Carragher also claims that if they didn't qualify for Europe he would have gone. 

As for your earlier post quoting me calling all Liverpool fans murderers, read earlier posts. 

Again, I'll bow out from this because I refuse to waste anymore time rubbishing your claims for this petty hatred you hold of a club that most of us have little interest in. It's Saturday, football day, not rubbish conspiracy theorist day

I think you’ll find that we wouldn’t have stated our reasons for disliking Liverpool but for the reference made about Liverpool the other day. As for a club most of us have little interest in, I agree, but we have a whole topic dedicated to Guardiola and Man City so isn’t that a bit hypocritical? Gerrard and Liverpool have a history with gang involvement, hence the chants by the Everton fans which I won’t go into but are easily accessible on the internet. Gerrard’s Dad was hardly going to admit for gangster involvement for the reason, but Gerrard Houllier was also threatened by the gangsters to not sell Gerrard. Bit coincidental don’t you think? The John Kinsella was another incident to do with Gerrard’s Mrs’ ex.

Thats my last point.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Wasn’t a bad goal by that “average” Rakitic either ?

I wouldn't say he is average. He's a brilliant player. He just isn't as effective as before and he has had quite an average season so far. His best games seem to come against teams willing to attack Barca. When it comes to playing against a packed defence, he isn't technical enough to really create and you need that from a linking midfielder.

Barca looked much better tonight with Arthur there and Coutinho dropping back making it four in midfield. Not surprise they look far more fluid without Dembele in the side.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived