Champions & Europa League 18/19

David

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rynny said:

giphy.gif

Who would have thought taking the best midfielder in the world out of a team would make them a lot worse? 

Not quite the best but he’s certainly up there but for the money City have spent, they should have adequate replacements.  Look City’s champions league rivals, if Madrid lose Kroos or Modric, they can put Isco in midfield, if Barca lose Coutinho or Rakitic, they can bring in Arturo Vidal. They will pay the price for not adequately strengthening in midfield.

It’s not just De Bruyne’s injury either. The World Cup finished Fernandinho, Gundogan looks overweight and sluggish. The likes of David Silva, Delph and Jesus look a lot worse than they did last season. Probably the only player who is performing better than they did last season is Bernardo Silva. 

16 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Both teams proved why they wont win it, neither can defend.

nice to see unrest in the victims camp with the one season wonder blowing up. ha ha

The famous Anfield atmosphere was non existent yet again. Meanwhile the plastic PSG fans outsung the Liverpool fans ha ha. Liverpool really are something, did you know that when Joe Cole joined Liverpool, the Liverpool press told him that Liverpool are the biggest club in England? Even Joe Cole knew that it was nonsense.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/blog/joe-cole-when-i-joined-liverpool-they-told-me-they-were-the-biggest-club-in-england-but-theyre-not-any-more/amp/

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The famous Anfield atmosphere was non existent yet again. Meanwhile the plastic PSG fans outsung the Liverpool fans ha ha. Liverpool really are something, did you know that when Joe Cole joined Liverpool, the Liverpool press told him that Liverpool are the biggest club in England? Even Joe Cole knew that it was nonsense.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/blog/joe-cole-when-i-joined-liverpool-they-told-me-they-were-the-biggest-club-in-england-but-theyre-not-any-more/amp/

Forget the nonsense in the stands and who’s bigger than who, what about the actual game on the pitch, Liverpool 3-2 PSG?

25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Interesting article - apart from the Liverpool angle it also mentions that Forest have won two European Cups! Why don’t their fans ever mention it?

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What about it? @MuespachRam has it bang on. Two teams who look weak in defence. Watched the game after Derby and wasn’t impressed with either side.

What about it? ?

You do realise football is played on the pitch, not in the stands or in the papers.

Seem more interested in the sideshow and stereotyping the fans than the actual football, which Liverpool have a pretty entertaining side to watch at the minute, great for the neutrals to enjoy.

Forget that though, Joe Cole said Liverpool are not the biggest club...

AFD5387A-D2C6-47BA-BACB-DE74BA1EEA0B.gif

39 minutes ago, David said:

What about it? ?

You do realise football is played on the pitch, not in the stands or in the papers.

Seem more interested in the sideshow and stereotyping the fans than the actual football, which Liverpool have a pretty entertaining side to watch at the minute, great for the neutrals to enjoy.

Forget that though, Joe Cole said Liverpool are not the biggest club...

AFD5387A-D2C6-47BA-BACB-DE74BA1EEA0B.gif

Because my comment was nothing to do with the game, they are a dislikeable club with many poisonous fans. Is it any surprise that many fans of the other top 6 clubs despise Liverpool?  But it’s their year ha ha.

Only a matter of time before their team blows up anyway and their best players want to leave like Alonso, Mascherano, Suarez, Torres and Coutinho did and I for one will be laughing my head off. Wouldn’t surprise me to see one of Salah or Mane leave at the end of the season as there appears to be bitterness there since they conflicted in pre season.

Just now, McLovin said:

Because my comment was nothing to do with the game, they are a dislikeable club with many poisonous fans. Is it any surprise that many fans of the other top 6 clubs despise Liverpool?  But it’s their year ha ha.

Only a matter of time before their team blows up anyway and their best players want to leave like Alonso, Mascherano, Suarez, Torres and Coutinho did and I for one will be laughing my head off. Wouldn’t surprise me to see one of Salah or Mane leave at the end of the season as there appears to be bitterness there since they conflicted in pre season.

How many of these poisonous fans do you know of? And can you provide proof of this hatred amoungst other clubs.

Pretty sure a mutual dislike of clubs fighting at the top is common, Wolves and Cardiff were no fans of us last season if we’re going by online comments alone, which I guess you are as well. 

Nothing more than sweeping statements made over stereotypes after events which occurred before you even stepped foot on this planet.

I could understand it if this was an Everton forum and we had the rivalry, but it’s more than a little odd over here but whatever floats your boat.

A club that thinks this year might be there’s, oh no, how dare they be optimistic about their chances for the season ahead. They have a very good team, one that will raise expectations. 

Derby County, 14/15. Been there ourselves.

Know a couple Liverpool fans myself that don’t wear shell suits, great guys, would buy any fan a pint and chew your ear off over football all night without pinching your wheels. They think they will do well this year but under no illusion that it will be difficult with Man City having such a strong squad.

As seen v PSG they have problems in defence, mainly that they have little interest in defending, which as a neutral I don’t mind as it’s more entertaining but it’s frustrating the natives apparently. 

32 minutes ago, David said:

How many of these poisonous fans do you know of? And can you provide proof of this hatred amoungst other clubs.

Pretty sure a mutual dislike of clubs fighting at the top is common, Wolves and Cardiff were no fans of us last season if we’re going by online comments alone, which I guess you are as well. 

Nothing more than sweeping statements made over stereotypes after events which occurred before you even stepped foot on this planet.

I could understand it if this was an Everton forum and we had the rivalry, but it’s more than a little odd over here but whatever floats your boat.

A club that thinks this year might be there’s, oh no, how dare they be optimistic about their chances for the season ahead. They have a very good team, one that will raise expectations. 

Derby County, 14/15. Been there ourselves.

Know a couple Liverpool fans myself that don’t wear shell suits, great guys, would buy any fan a pint and chew your ear off over football all night without pinching your wheels. They think they will do well this year but under no illusion that it will be difficult with Man City having such a strong squad.

As seen v PSG they have problems in defence, mainly that they have little interest in defending, which as a neutral I don’t mind as it’s more entertaining but it’s frustrating the natives apparently. 

Man Utd- Self explanatory

Chelsea- Liverpool blaming Chelsea fans for the Heysall disaster Chelsea fans take great pleasure in mocking Liverpool whenever they play Liverpool for Gerrard  slipping on his bottom

Arsenal- The Suarez saga

Spurs- Liverpool’s obsession with Harry Kane in his rivalry with Salah last season and the Robbie Keane saga

Man City- What happened last year in the champions league and the attack by Liverpool fans on the Man City players.

As you can see Liverpool have a habit of causing trouble wherever they go. Their own fans send death threats to their players(Karius earlier this year), including getting gang members involved to send death threats to their beloved Stevie G, who would have moved to Chelsea but for the death threats to his family(look it up it’s true). Defending racist players. Death threats to opposition players including Rooney and Ramos. The arse licking by the media. First to mock other tragedies including the Munich air disaster.

I dislike Liverpool, but the dislike isn’t unwarranted. They have good and bad fans like any club, but their victim like mentality is what sets them apart.

Just now, McLovin said:

Man Utd- Self explanatory

Rivals, exactly.

Just now, McLovin said:

Chelsea- Liverpool blaming Chelsea fans for the Heysall, Chelsea fans take great pleasure in mocking Liverpool whenever they play Liverpool for Gerrard  slipping on his bottom

Again, over disasters that happened years ago which many fans were not around for, including yourself. It’s like a 21 year old Forest fan gloating over their European Cups.

Just now, McLovin said:

Arsenal- The Suarez saga

What saga?

Just now, McLovin said:

Spurs- Liverpool’s obsession with Harry Kane in his rivalry with Salah last season and the Robbie Keane saga

Rivalry over top scorers. Good grief.

Just now, McLovin said:

Man City- What happened last year in the champions league and the attack by Liverpool fans on the Man City players.

Wasnt great that, totally understandable will give you that.

Just now, McLovin said:

As you can see Liverpool have a habit of causing trouble wherever they go. Their own fans send death threats to their players(Karius earlier this year), including getting gang members involved to send death threats to their beloved Stevie G, who would have moved to Chelsea but for the death threats to his family(look it up it’s true). Defending racist players. Death threats to opposition players including Rooney and Ramos. The arse licking by the media. First to mock other tragedies including the Munich air disaster.

I dislike Liverpool, but the dislike isn’t unwarranted. They have good and bad fans like any club, but their victim like mentality is what sets them apart.

I don’t see this Liverpool cause trouble wherever they go no, and only your Man City example is semi relevant when you listed this hatred from the top 6. 

Most are laughable petty rivalry incidents which all clubs have, no different to Derby and Cardiff snowgate.

We could go on facts, where Liverpool fans have one more banning order in place than Barnsley yet you never hear much about their fans? 43, to 44. Derby have 34.

Arrests, not even top 5. Birmingham, West Ham, Leeds, Villa and Man City are.

For what it’s worth the Championship has more arrests than any league in the country.

Sure Liverpool have isolated incidents which hit the papers, they are a big club, bigger the club the more idiots you will have. 

We have our own fair share at Derby, one woman in hospital Saturday, fighting in the South Stand which led to a fan group shifting down and certainly no angels when it comes to Social Media. We recently had a fan in court over racism as well. 

If we ever reached the size of Liverpool I guarantee you that the same problems would exist for us. But to call the fan base poisonous is just daft.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Rivals, exactly.

Again, over disasters that happened years ago which many fans were not around for, including yourself. It’s like a 21 year old Forest fan gloating over their European Cups.

What saga?

Rivalry over top scorers. Good grief.

Wasnt great that, totally understandable will give you that.

I don’t see this Liverpool cause trouble wherever they go no, and only your Man City example is semi relevant when you listed this hatred from the top 6. 

Most are laughable petty rivalry incidents which all clubs have, no different to Derby and Cardiff snowgate.

We could go on facts, where Liverpool fans have one more banning order in place than Barnsley yet you never hear much about their fans? 43, to 44. Derby have 34.

Arrests, not even top 5. Birmingham, West Ham, Leeds, Villa and Man City are.

For what it’s worth the Championship has more arrests than any league in the country.

Sure Liverpool have isolated incidents which hit the papers, they are a big club, bigger the club the more idiots you will have. 

We have our own fair share at Derby, one woman in hospital Saturday, fighting in the South Stand which led to a fan group shifting down and certainly no angels when it comes to Social Media. We recently had a fan in court over racism as well. 

If we ever reached the size of Liverpool I guarantee you that the same problems would exist for us. But to call the fan base poisonous is just daft.

The Heysel disaster, which Liverpool still haven’t apologised for and had the nerve to blame Millwall and Chelsea.  They also still haven’t apologised for getting ALL of the English sides banned in Europe. I wasn’t around during the hillsborough disaster, doesn’t make it any less of a tragedy whether I was around or not.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The Heysel disaster, which Liverpool still haven’t apologised for and had the nerve to blame Millwall and Chelsea.  They also still haven’t apologised for getting ALL of the English sides banned in Europe. I wasn’t around during the hillsborough disaster, doesn’t make it any less of a tragedy whether I was around or not.

No it doesn’t make any less of the tragedy, but the point is, like yourself you wasn’t on this earth just as many of the Liverpool fans you label today weren’t. 

What happened was a disaster, but you cannot blame the entire fan base going forward for that.

It was 1985, anyone under the age of 33 wasn’t around. You’re looking at fans maybe 50+ now that were there that night.

As for the apology.

The match programme featured a two-page apology by Liverpool fan Terry Wilson, who was jailed for his part in the rioting, while Reds fans held a banner spelling out the Italian word ‘amicizia’ (friendship).

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/heysel-disaster---30-years-9350754

BC6DECDF-608F-4944-996B-1BFA070CBD7D.jpeg

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/264913-lfc-marks-32nd-anniversary-of-heysel-stadium-disaster

Just now, David said:

No it doesn’t make any less of the tragedy, but the point is, like yourself you wasn’t on this earth just as many of the Liverpool fans you label today weren’t. 

What happened was a disaster, but you cannot blame the entire fan base going forward for that.

As for the apology.

The match programme featured a two-page apology by Liverpool fan Terry Wilson, who was jailed for his part in the rioting, while Reds fans held a banner spelling out the Italian word ‘amicizia’ (friendship).

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/heysel-disaster---30-years-9350754

BC6DECDF-608F-4944-996B-1BFA070CBD7D.jpeg

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/264913-lfc-marks-32nd-anniversary-of-heysel-stadium-disaster

ONE Liverpool fan who was involved. 

“Of the hundreds of Liverpool fans who joined the stampede, only a handful were punished. A total of 14 fans were found guilty of manslaughter, and given three-year suspended sentences.”

Liverpool as a club failed to apologise and blamed other clubs for the disaster. That is unforgivable.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

ONE Liverpool fan who was involved. 

“Of the hundreds of Liverpool fans who joined the stampede, only a handful were punished. A total of 14 fans were found guilty of manslaughter, and given three-year suspended sentences.”

Liverpool as a club failed to apologise and blamed other clubs for the disaster. That is unforgivable.

Ok. I’ll bow out now. You hold on to that hatred and make all Liverpool fans accountable for this going forward if it makes you happy, ignore the fact many were not around when it happened. 

Just now, David said:

Ok. I’ll bow out now. You hold on to that hatred and make all Liverpool fans accountable for this going forward if it makes you happy, ignore the fact many were not around when it happened. 

Where did I say all Liverpool fans were accountable? If you’re in favour of a club that condones racists, where death threats are regularly present to their own players and opposition players, justifying gang presence to prevent players from leaving and mocking other tragedies, be my guest.

Archived