Sign in to follow this  
David

Champions & Europa League 18/19

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

It's too early to be writing them off yet......... 

😂

Aw, c'mon Rynny. Least I waited until the season had started 🤣 Jesting aside, they do rather seem to be missing De Bruyne. Also, I'd be chuffed to see any English side win the CL again.

What a richly deserved win for Lyon, and a worrying result for Pep and the boys in blue.

If they can’t beat the third best team in France at home, what hope do they have?

I mean they still have three away games to negotiate, games made easier if you win your home games and take the pressure off.

You’d imagine they’ll come storming back and win their next 5 games and qualify. But it only takes another 1-2 off nights and they could be looking at Thursday nights with Unai, Maurizio and pals.

English pundits never learn, they treated Lyon before the match like a bottom of the league premier league team.

Take De Bruyne out of the Man City team and the team looks a lot worse.

On 18/09/2018 at 18:48, Bris Vegas said:

Ah, the days of the CL on ITV.

I’m watching Barca vs PSV. Messi is just ridiculous. The mark of his genius is how he makes the likes of Suarez, Dembele and Courinho look ordinary in comparison.

Messi scored a wonderful freekick and played three world class throughballs to create really good opportunities. And that was just a standard half for him.

Best player ever. He’s phenomenal. Pep has it right, how can Man City be the favourites when Barca have Messi? If Messi is at his best, Barcelona should win the champions league. 

It looks very positive for Barcelona at the moment and that’s why they’re the favourites to win the champions league in my opinion, Messi, Coutinho and Dembele are playing at a high level, whilst the likes of Arturo Vidal and Rakitic are yet to reach their potential this season.

Im surprised that the bookies have Real Madrid as far down as they are. They look a better team than they did last season (when they won it), despite losing Ronaldo and put more emphasis on specific aspects on team player under Lopetegui than they did under Zidane.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

English pundits never learn, they treated Lyon before the match like a bottom of the league premier league team.

Take De Bruyne out of the Man City team and the team looks a lot worse.

Are you saying Man City are a dud team?

2 minutes ago, David said:

Are you saying Man City are a dud team?

Without De Bruyne they’re a lot worse. The quadruple talk last season was ludicrous even with de Bruyne , Pep has struggled in the champions league in recent years against the better teams(particularly the Spanish teams) who know how to play against his methods.

Edited by McLovin

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

giphy.gif

Who would have thought taking the best midfielder in the world out of a team would make them a lot worse? 

I heard that if you take the milk out a cuppa it doesn’t taste the same

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

giphy.gif

Who would have thought taking the best midfielder in the world out of a team would make them a lot worse? 

Not quite the best but he’s certainly up there but for the money City have spent, they should have adequate replacements.  Look City’s champions league rivals, if Madrid lose Kroos or Modric, they can put Isco in midfield, if Barca lose Coutinho or Rakitic, they can bring in Arturo Vidal. They will pay the price for not adequately strengthening in midfield.

It’s not just De Bruyne’s injury either. The World Cup finished Fernandinho, Gundogan looks overweight and sluggish. The likes of David Silva, Delph and Jesus look a lot worse than they did last season. Probably the only player who is performing better than they did last season is Bernardo Silva. 

16 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Both teams proved why they wont win it, neither can defend.

nice to see unrest in the victims camp with the one season wonder blowing up. ha ha

The famous Anfield atmosphere was non existent yet again. Meanwhile the plastic PSG fans outsung the Liverpool fans ha ha. Liverpool really are something, did you know that when Joe Cole joined Liverpool, the Liverpool press told him that Liverpool are the biggest club in England? Even Joe Cole knew that it was nonsense.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/blog/joe-cole-when-i-joined-liverpool-they-told-me-they-were-the-biggest-club-in-england-but-theyre-not-any-more/amp/

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The famous Anfield atmosphere was non existent yet again. Meanwhile the plastic PSG fans outsung the Liverpool fans ha ha. Liverpool really are something, did you know that when Joe Cole joined Liverpool, the Liverpool press told him that Liverpool are the biggest club in England? Even Joe Cole knew that it was nonsense.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/blog/joe-cole-when-i-joined-liverpool-they-told-me-they-were-the-biggest-club-in-england-but-theyre-not-any-more/amp/

Forget the nonsense in the stands and who’s bigger than who, what about the actual game on the pitch, Liverpool 3-2 PSG?