Champions & Europa League 18/19

David

Not convenient in the UK either, do you go for Sky Sports for Premier League games, or BT Sports with the odd Premier League game and European games, or do you sacrifice food and heating and go for both.

I went for just the Premier League games. 

Remember when one game was on ITV, was pretty much Man United every time but still, now it's all behind multiple subscriptions grrr.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the days of the CL on ITV.

I’m watching Barca vs PSV. Messi is just ridiculous. The mark of his genius is how he makes the likes of Suarez, Dembele and Courinho look ordinary in comparison.

Messi scored a wonderful freekick and played three world class throughballs to create really good opportunities. And that was just a standard half for him.

Liverpool vs PSG was very entertaining. With Napoli only drawing, that was such an important result for Liverpool.

Spurs face an uphill task now. You'd expect them to beat PSV home and away, and probably pick up a win at home to Inter, but they may have to take something at home to Barca next time out of they want to qualify.

What a richly deserved win for Lyon, and a worrying result for Pep and the boys in blue.

If they can’t beat the third best team in France at home, what hope do they have?

I mean they still have three away games to negotiate, games made easier if you win your home games and take the pressure off.

You’d imagine they’ll come storming back and win their next 5 games and qualify. But it only takes another 1-2 off nights and they could be looking at Thursday nights with Unai, Maurizio and pals.

On 18/09/2018 at 18:48, Bris Vegas said:

Ah, the days of the CL on ITV.

I’m watching Barca vs PSV. Messi is just ridiculous. The mark of his genius is how he makes the likes of Suarez, Dembele and Courinho look ordinary in comparison.

Messi scored a wonderful freekick and played three world class throughballs to create really good opportunities. And that was just a standard half for him.

Best player ever. He’s phenomenal. Pep has it right, how can Man City be the favourites when Barca have Messi? If Messi is at his best, Barcelona should win the champions league. 

It looks very positive for Barcelona at the moment and that’s why they’re the favourites to win the champions league in my opinion, Messi, Coutinho and Dembele are playing at a high level, whilst the likes of Arturo Vidal and Rakitic are yet to reach their potential this season.

Im surprised that the bookies have Real Madrid as far down as they are. They look a better team than they did last season (when they won it), despite losing Ronaldo and put more emphasis on specific aspects on team player under Lopetegui than they did under Zidane.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

English pundits never learn, they treated Lyon before the match like a bottom of the league premier league team.

Take De Bruyne out of the Man City team and the team looks a lot worse.

Are you saying Man City are a dud team?

2 minutes ago, David said:

Are you saying Man City are a dud team?

Without De Bruyne they’re a lot worse. The quadruple talk last season was ludicrous even with de Bruyne , Pep has struggled in the champions league in recent years against the better teams(particularly the Spanish teams) who know how to play against his methods.

Archived